Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons for docs... (See inside for more info)

Weapons for docs... (See inside for more info)

I'm going to stop working on this thread as my personal interests died when I realised that we don't have alot of good choices as docs. After I spent alot of time and money on the greed Shotgun, I decided that there's no point.

Right, so I have been in a great mood to do some crazy calcs for alternative weapons for my doc. The first thing that caught my attention was weapons that do better damage in pvm, so I boldly started calculating for a Dshark... Which pretty much failed really hard (Were off by about 200 Assault rifle and 400'ish Full Auto).

Soo...

I started to think about other weapons obviously, and started looking at these new shiny toys that came with our oh so beloved Booster Pack: Legacy of the XAN. As I'm a very curious person, I want to try it all really.

What I want to you to do, is to suggest me some viable end-game weapons, both pvm and pvp, that you think would be nice to try out, or just troll/give feedback to this idea.

As a start atleast, these are the weapons I want to make a setup for, and some calculations:

Sloth of the XAN - Not doable
    Excel calc (Coming soon) - Auno.org setup (Coming soon)

First thoughts:
    This XAN grenade rifle looks pretty neat, have great mods and looks to do pretty good damage. But, the implants for the grenade skills is placed in Eye, Right Arm and Right hand, doctors have no real support for grenade skills and the skill is dark blue.

Requirements:
    2251 Grenade
    1126 Fling Shot

Base skills on my Atrox doctor:
    1005 Grenade (+/- 1 or 2) (Dark Blue)
    1126+ Fling Shot (More than enought) (Dark Blue)

Total: (Without Towers)
    Grenade: 1005+1133=2138
    Fling Shot: More than enought

Conclusion:
    This weapon can't be equipped by Doctors, unless there's a tower that adds over 110 grenade skills (Or I've missed something).

Dusk/Dawn of the XAN

Coming soon.

Hatred of the XAN

Coming soon.

Gluttony of the XAN

Coming soon.

Deceit of the XAN

Coming soon.

Greed of the XAN - Doable
    Excel calc (Coming soon) - Auno.org setup (Coming soon)

First thoughts:
    As doctors have semi-good support for shotgun, and some people prefer using it, this weapon could be an interesting choice. My biggest interest in this weapon is the HP mod and damage. It would be very viable in pvm, if you have the gear to keep it non-OE. For pvp.. well most of you seem to be having sex with all that has AS on it, so I doubt you would like this.

Requirements:
    2251 Shotgun
    1126 Fling Shot

1200 Shotgun (+/- a few, didn't have enought IP to see the full base) (Dark Blue)

Total: (QL250 implants)(Without Towers)
    Shotgun: 2265'ish

Conclusion:
    This weapon can be put on with all the good items and QL250 implants, which is pretty neat really (just think about it). 1801 shotgun is needed to keep it out of OE, I am going to plan a setup for this later on. The pros about using this gun is alot of spare IP (Not like docs don't have that already...), pretty damn good damage and looks pretty neat too. The mods are nice, especially with the +600 HP.

Abandonment of the XAN

Coming soon.

I will make this thread look better in time, and I am going to (atleast try to) post some Excel calulations on different weapons, along with Auno.org setups. The setups will mainly be based of my 220 Atrox Doc, Macilicious. I can make calculations if I get base skills from other breeds.
    Last edited by Macite; Jul 15th, 2009 at 01:20:34.
    Macite0000|.220/2300Nano-Technician
    Macilicious00220/2700Doctor
    Macii000000.220/3000Shade
    Macist0000_.210/2200Bureaucrat

by alll means continue...very nice work

people on this forum are shy :P

My 2 cents on this topic is that the mediblade is doable on a doc, but only barely, I dont think its possible to get deceit on (dont quote me on that though). And besides, mediblade would be better than deceit, sure its 200 less hp, but you get a heal proc on medi and it has slightly higher damage than the deceit. The greed looks really sexy to try out though, the hi min damage plus crazy crit, and the 600 hp mod looks all around awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Captaindoc View Post
    My 2 cents on this topic is that the mediblade is doable on a doc, but only barely, I dont think its possible to get deceit on (dont quote me on that though). And besides, mediblade would be better than deceit, sure its 200 less hp, but you get a heal proc on medi and it has slightly higher damage than the deceit. The greed looks really sexy to try out though, the hi min damage plus crazy crit, and the 600 hp mod looks all around awesome
    I'll add the mediblade to the list then, should be interesting to see where it ends.
    I'm going for shotgun, almost done collecting items already. I can report on the damage when I have it on.

May I suggest the following format: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=353271

Updating it with the Dreadloch/Beast/Xan weapons would be interesting
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post
    May I suggest the following format: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=353271

Interesting idea, thanks for the tip. I may even add Ofab weapons. I'll do it when I find time to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawbones2 View Post

idk, i like how hes showing how he gets everything. Though a table to show the diffrence in AR and dmg between the weapons would be nice.

Allright, I've tried this Greed of the XAN and somehow I didn't like it. The damage is pretty neat and all, but something is missing on that weapon that makes it "awesome". The min-damage is sweet, the crits are sweet.. the actual hype when using it.. -10. I'm dissipointed.

Hey I have an idea, make the text in your original post a little harder to read! Oh wait...
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Hey I have an idea, make the text in your original post a little harder to read! Oh wait...
    Highfive trollz!!

In a better way of saying it... a diffrent color text would be nice so we could read it easyer, its alittle hard on the eyes with the current color

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Highfive trollz!!
    So jokingly pointing out the difficulty in reading his post makes me a troll? You've got a lot to learn.

In a better way of saying it... <snip>
    Oh get off your highhorse, good grief. I'm sure he'll understand just fine what I meant.

In the words of the Joker, played by the late Heath Ledger, why so serious?

These are forums for a computer game, lighten up.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

If you took me as serious you need to go see a doctor 0o

I just said it in a more polite way. Not everyone takes everything the same way if you forgot

btw, he said hes not going to keep up with the info because he has lost interest so it really doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    If you took me as serious you need to go see a doctor 0o

I just said it in a more polite way. Not everyone takes everything the same way if you forgot

btw, he said hes not going to keep up with the info because he has lost interest so it really doesnt matter
    ...but I thought you thought I was serious!

This is one thing I hate about written communication, you can't tell a person's intended mood or tone of voice by reading what they wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    ...but I thought you thought I was serious!

This is one thing I hate about written communication, you can't tell a person's intended mood or tone of voice by reading what they wrote.
    Very true, need more face icons to make it clearer what we mean

can greed OD the dread pistols?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Wait a minute, I thought Sloth of the Xan was possible?

Can anyone pass me an equipment setup that proves otherwise?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought Sloth of the Xan was possible?

Can anyone pass me an equipment setup that proves otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Macite View Post
    Sloth of the XAN - Not doable
    First thoughts:
    This XAN grenade rifle looks pretty neat, have great mods and looks to do pretty good damage. But, the implants for the grenade skills is placed in Eye, Right Arm and Right hand, doctors have no real support for grenade skills and the skill is dark blue.

Requirements:
    2251 Grenade
    1126 Fling Shot

1005 Grenade (+/- 1 or 2) (Dark Blue)

Total: (Without Towers)
    Grenade: 1005+1133=2138

Conclusion:
    This weapon can't be equipped by Doctors, unless there's a tower that adds over 110 grenade skills (Or I've missed something).
    and wtf is with all the necros lately 0o Greed is possible, however sloth isnt
    Last edited by Kazeran; Nov 21st, 2009 at 01:29:55.

Love this forum .... Great place for everyone to point out what they have tried as in weapon setups for docs or post interesting theorys on possable setups. Yep keep up the good work.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Drnuchies 150+ soli doc
    Eunuchies 100+ NM doc
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Yup, Sloth is indeed possible, but it takes a TON of work.

Managed to reach 2214.45 Grenade on an Opifex without Towers or Grenade contract.

Using this equip:

1005 (listed base for Atrox, higher for Opifex)
    0828 (equipment)
    0120 (Extreme Prejudice)
    0153 (Umbral Wrangler)
    0020 (Grenade Expertise)
    0020 (Composite Ranged Expertise) [yes, the two stack, try it for yourself]
    0046.2 (equipment, agility trickle)
    0018.5 (equipment, sense trickle)
    0003.75 (equipment, strength trickle)
    ======
    0040 (ql250 Ranged Tower)
    0036 (?) (250 Grenade Contract)
    ======

I'm 99% sure of these calcs, please tell me if I did anything wrong.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Hmh, no bracers? Masterpiece/infused should give you 11 in trickledown, yeah?

Edit: No ES/FG/agi gun for trickle either? Kind of does suck though that there's no swap gun for grenade itself.
    Last edited by eroz_c; Nov 22nd, 2009 at 13:40:50.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast