Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Application Form

Neutral Application Form

I never understood: why can somebody go from Neutral to Clan/Omni and even switch between Clan and Omni, but not back to Neutral? (except agents)

If you were wrong in the beginning, but then choose to be neutral at a later level, that choice should be available!

I used to say there is only 3 ways you can screw up in AO: put too much IP in Map Navigation, burn too much IP reset points and sign a Clan/Omni application form.
    Now Map Navigation IS resettable, IP reset points are cheaper and more readily available, but there still is no way to go back to Neutral. I would really like to see this being possible. I have a toon on which I screwed this, and I know others with the same problem.

I will counter a few arguments right away:
    * RP reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcom's Timeline
    29250 The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals.
    * Overpowered Neutrals with Omni/Clan gear
    - Tokenboard will not function anymore and it probably is the most important thing.
    - A little bit more power to the Neutrals won't be bad.
    - I don't mind some kind of "get nakid" requirement to use the Neutral Application Form. Like what you have to do to use an IP reset point.
    - Another way to beat this is putting more playshift requirements on Omni/clan-only items.

To the flamers: I acknowledge your skills, no need to prove any further. Others: discuss please .

Yes please!

I'm sure it's been suggested before a few times but I've no idea why it hasn't been implemented. It does make a lot of sense RP-wise (although it shouldn't really be an application form.. more of an "I quit" kind of form). Mechanics-wise if there was a reason why it hasn't happened so far (eg: exploit) then something like your 'get nekkid' requirement suggestion would surely solve the problem. Unless there's something I haven't thought of like a Notum Wars issue.

Also it would do wonders for the Neutral community.

I've never met any neutrals that wanted a token board, but I've met a fair few who wanted something like this.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

bump for clan/omni resignation forums...

If an item has a side specific req, even if you're wearing it when you switch, it goes 0% effective.
    ---

Questions, comments, retaliations?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzybug View Post
    If an item has a side specific req, even if you're wearing it when you switch, it goes 0% effective.
    Only if 'side' is a playshift requirement on this item (such as the tokenboard) as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Edetate View Post

* Overpowered Neutrals with Omni/Clan gear
    - Tokenboard will not function anymore and it probably is the most important thing.
    - A little bit more power to the Neutrals won't be bad.
    - I don't mind some kind of "get nakid" requirement to use the Neutral Application Form. Like what you have to do to use an IP reset point.
    I think the get naked req for neutral, is a good idea. It would prevent people keeping sided gear on/tokenboards. But yes i bump this idea. I think neutral population will expand. If we lose neutrals from the new high level application for sides, then there should be a go back to neutral application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    On a personal note to the person who wrote me from prison. Best PM I have ever received. It is going on the wall of my office. To be clear: It is not the policy of my team to delete the characters of people who will be out of prison soon. (Please don't hurt us!)
    Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    Grats to EvenTide

Bump.

I know at least one sided agent who went neutral. The mechanics are in game already, I'd love to see it available to other professions than agents too.

Great idea about the letter of resignation form
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    Yes please!

I'm sure it's been suggested before a few times but I've no idea why it hasn't been implemented. It does make a lot of sense RP-wise (although it shouldn't really be an application form.. more of an "I quit" kind of form). Mechanics-wise if there was a reason why it hasn't happened so far (eg: exploit) then something like your 'get nekkid' requirement suggestion would surely solve the problem. Unless there's something I haven't thought of like a Notum Wars issue.

Also it would do wonders for the Neutral community.

I've never met any neutrals that wanted a token board, but I've met a fair few who wanted something like this.
    This would make complete sense too, very Neutral-like
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Question: do you think that the "get-nekkid"-requirement is necessary?

The tokenboard has a playshift requirement: the requirement is checked every time you zone. This means that it will go 0% OE; even worse I think, since the effects that are normally not affected by OE, actually are in this case. I might even have read that they auto-unequip. Anyway, I'm nearly 100% sure the tokenboard is useless after switching side (it's the same if you go clan-->omni or omni-->clan).

So, what other items are there that could be worth changing side twice? Spirit guns? Tier 3?

I don't mind the "get-nekkid"-req, but if it's not necessary it would just give FC more work for nothing .

Btw, I completely agree with "resignation form" instead of "application form" .
    Last edited by Edetate; Jul 21st, 2009 at 15:09:18.

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    TB stays on you with 0% no matter what you do (unless you take it off).

lol so you're basically asking for 201+ omni/clan application forms... since neutrals 201+ will get omni/clan application forms

neutral application forms 201+ was a bad idea, nobody suggested this in the forums, means can you explain why are you considering making AO => omni-online?? we only asked for neutral only neck items!
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    lol so you're basically asking for 201+ omni/clan application forms... since neutrals 201+ will get omni/clan application forms

neutral application forms 201+ was a bad idea, nobody suggested this in the forums, means can you explain why are you considering making AO => omni-online?? we only asked for neutral only neck items!
    Uh? I think you should reread the posts since this is not what we are talking about. This is about going back to Neutral after making the mistake to chose one of the 2 sides.

While I agree with you, this discussion does not belong in this topic.

Personally I do not really care whether the "I quit Omni"/"I quit Clan" forms are available for level 201+. (making an attempt to combine your note with the subject at hand ).

Quote Originally Posted by Edetate View Post
    Uh? I think you should reread the posts since this is not what we are talking about. This is about going back to Neutral after making the mistake to chose one of the 2 sides.

While I agree with you, this discussion does not belong in this topic.

Personally I do not really care whether the "I quit Omni"/"I quit Clan" forms are available for level 201+. (making an attempt to combine your note with the subject at hand ).
    I'm saying if they add neutral application forms they will be abused by clans and omnis... they will switch to neutral, than swap again from clan to omni and viceversa!
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

I'm saying if they add neutral application forms they will be abused by clans and omnis... they will switch to neutral, than swap again from clan to omni and viceversa!
    Ah, I see. Well then they either should not work for level 200+ OR sided people should be able to do it directly.
    I really can't imagine a lot of people wanting to go clan->omni or vice versa at those levels. Neutrals won't really do it I think, and Omni/clan lose there tokens on top of that. Very few people consider farming 2500 tokens a fun activity :P. It really wouldn't matter them using it I think.

It does seem a bit bizarre that it's possible to switch sides but not to get back on the fence again. But I'd say if such a thing were introduced, it'd have to be a permanent change that is irrevocable (or you can only change back to your original faction after and all your faction is wiped as disincentive): i.e. it's more 'Retired from Clan/Omni' than 'Neutral' and the flag would be different from the true Neutrals (e.g. tabbable by neuts, omni, clan; lose all your sided stuff, main difference being that opposite faction NPCs will talk to you again and not attack on sight). But then that sounds like a lot of work and not something I'd want FC to waste their time on.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

You picked a side, live with it. Or if you want to change a side just reroll.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Everyone will join the winning side. It happens at tl5 and it's lame.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    It does seem a bit bizarre that it's possible to switch sides but not to get back on the fence again. But I'd say if such a thing were introduced, it'd have to be a permanent change that is irrevocable (or you can only change back to your original faction after and all your faction is wiped as disincentive): i.e. it's more 'Retired from Clan/Omni' than 'Neutral' and the flag would be different from the true Neutrals (e.g. tabbable by neuts, omni, clan; lose all your sided stuff, main difference being that opposite faction NPCs will talk to you again and not attack on sight). But then that sounds like a lot of work and not something I'd want FC to waste their time on.
    I don't understand why that would be needed. If you were tricked in joining one of the sides, but actually do not care about the conflict, you should be able to go Neutral. Having a 4th faction that is so similar to Neutrals is quite absurd actually.
    Having an extremely long "Side-lock" seems a decent solution to make the switching near irrevocable.
    What do you mean with "lose all your sided stuff"? Towers and tokens are obviously lost and if the "get-nekkid" requirement is added you won't have much use to the sided equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by howlin View Post
    You picked a side, live with it. Or if you want to change a side just reroll.
    In that case there should be no application forms at all (except on Newbie island or those you get from that hologram guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Everyone will join the winning side. It happens at tl5 and it's lame.
    Actually, you have to join the losing side quite often as a neut or BS will not start. This is an argument that belongs in one of the 1000's of threads that discusses Neutral vs sided balance and since I don't want that discussion over here, I will restrain myself from adding more arguments. It all has been said elsewhere.
    Edit: I just noticed you didn't mention BS, so I'm not sure you're talking about that. Anyway: I don't think Neutrals can be considered the winning side...
    Last edited by Edetate; Jul 22nd, 2009 at 15:20:08. Reason: possibly misread

Means doesn't see the insult that those 201+ neutral>sided forms really are. At 201+, you make a commitment to your faction. When neutral ask for the gap to be shrunk between sided and neutral, they aren't suggesting that they want to change side. They want to be treated fairly.

By introducing the form, FC is saying "we don't honor your commitment because you are neutral, despite you being a human like every other player".

It's a slap in the face to neutral, but the cool thing is that karma is one mean mutha.

----------------

OT: Sorry to derail the thread. I'm all for sided>neutral forms below level 200, but only on the condition that all tokens are completely and irreversibly removed upon changing to neutral.

Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast