Thread: Problems logging into forums

Problems logging into forums

Hi all,

My wife has an AO account, fully paid up. She always has problems logging in to the forums, says she has stated an invalid username or password. She knows both are correct, and has reset them to double check this many times and waited the requisite 15 minutes after changing to attempt to login, without success.

Very very occasionally (maybe once every couple of weeks) she is able to login again. She ticks the box to remember her, but of course it doesn't.

She is of course unable to use any basic functions on the forum without logging in, except for being able to read posts. She has emailed community@anarchy-online.com, but not had any reply.

Has anyone else had this problem, and managed to resolve it? Its really starting to bug her!

Cheers,
    Rainaer
    181 Engineer

Omni-Tek

Addendum - it's definately a problem with her account somehow. I can log into the forums with my account just fine when using her PC. Looks like a job for...dun dun DUN! TECH SUPPORT!

Heeeeeeere tech support....
    Rainaer
    181 Engineer

Omni-Tek

had a similar problem. spend some time (year or 2) away from the forums. had to change my username in account settings before it would actually work.

also, make sure cookies and the like are enabled. high level security settings in your browser may be causing problems also

I have this same problem with my account and have also e-mailed funcom and gone over 2 weeks without a reply.

I do not think it is a browser security issue since I can log in to my 2nd account's forum name with no problem (this one). I have taken the same steps as the earlier poster in that I have created a new forum name and password and even given it a day before attempting to use it.. but still get the 'invalid username/password' error most of the time (there has been an occassion or two where I could log in with my original account's forum information but it would stop working the next day).

Thumbs down

Yes, I have this problem.

Actually I have both problems, both the logging problem and the lack of bloody assistance problem. Ho Hum.

When I returned to AO it would not let me log on using my Phyxr login and password. And let's not hear any crap about the account being hacked or my recollection of the u/p being dodgy.

In the end I had to reset it - and irritatingly I was not allowed to use a name of only 5 characters. So, as I wanted to log in and do a forum search I selected a different name, hundredsuns, that the stupid system was happy with and used that for a few days.

Then I decided to set the name to phyxrphyxr to retain some continuity with all my previous posts.

Ever since then it's a lottery as to which name I have to login with and also which name appears next to my posts.
    I only actually log in when I want to search or post and when I'm not logged in I sometimes see my posts (and editings) attributed to phyxrphyxr and sometimes as hundredsuns.

Right now I've been forced to use the hundredsuns login.

FFS FC sort this out. Quite apart from being a right royal pain in the arse it shows there is something pretty screwy with the accounting system; at least the part of it that deals with forum identity.

Edit: Despite having to use my old login name I see the post is attributed to my current name.
    Last edited by Hundredsuns; Aug 10th, 2009 at 09:32:14. Reason: testing the edit author attribution

Another observation.
    I had to login as hundredsuns to make the above post. Once I'd completed the post I could see in my browser that it was attributed to phyxrphyxr, as was the edit.

I made another edit immediately afterwards (to correct a typo) and then both the poster and edited names have switched to hundredsuns. This is in the same browser session and window.

And another.

I know that other people see the same switching as I do because in this thread you can see that the quote of my original post made by frequentflyer cites hundredsuns as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester426 View Post
    She has emailed community@anarchy-online.com, but not had any reply.
    Try support@anarchy-online.com instead?
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Had a similar problem when i started to use forums.. Changed username/pass back and forth on account site, but i didnt wanted to work for me.

Workaround that actually worked for me (dunno if it still works):

Login at register.ageofconan.com with your AO account details.
    Change user/pass for forums there (Create or update my forum login)
    Wait a bit (says 15 mins or so) and try to log on forums then.

That worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Had a similar problem when i started to use forums.. Changed username/pass back and forth on account site, but i didnt wanted to work for me.

Workaround that actually worked for me (dunno if it still works):

Login at register.ageofconan.com with your AO account details.
    Change user/pass for forums there (Create or update my forum login)
    Wait a bit (says 15 mins or so) and try to log on forums then.

That worked for me.
    Looks like this worked. I was the one posting as Fatarapida Seems that my account is working.. at least for now. Thanks for that tip.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Ok... and now I'm having the issue that Phyx mentioned. I logged in to my forum account with the forum name of "Omegalife" but for some reason my name is showing up as "IM TAKEN" (bad joke from my boyfriend.. I wasn't amused) on my forum posts, which is the forum name that was on my account a month ago.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

thats something even mods cant clear yet. but happy u made it to here

Yeah tried this like an hour ago at the AoC site like you posted and it still hasn't changed...I was the one that made the first thread regarding this issue, about my forum name changing itself back and forth from Autohead my soldier to Kriegerseele my keeper. Decided just as an experiment to try to change it to my shade's name this time and when I entered Shadowslave to use as my forum name and updated it said the changes were successful (or whatever the confirmation message says). I found this quite odd considering when I've attempted to try to use my shade's name when updating forum info on the FC page I always got "That username is already taken." So, clearly the FC page and AoC pages do not have the same data as AoC's page did not tell me Shadowslave was already taken as a username. As I said before though, after still an hour with no update, clearly it is and FC really has some work to do on these craptastic web pages.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

...and now instead of Shadowslave, I'm Kriegerseele again.

Seriously FC, this needs fixing. I know it's not life ending, but it IS extremely annoying.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

It takes me days to actually get logged in. I've got 4 paid accounts and 4 different forum identities, and still can't get it to let me log on. It doesn't matter which login I choose, it's hit or miss as to whether it will actually log me into the forums. Seems it's only been like this since the forum change.

Argh!
    When the world is made to be idiot-proof, the world will become overpopulated with idiots.

I'm having the same issue as well.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Same problem here too...fix it please ffs!

Bump, sometimes I can log into forum, sometimes it does not want to know - seems to be after a certain time maybe - 19:00 gmt as a guestimate. This is all from the same line and IP address.

/edit ignore the comment about timing, no obvious pattern.
    Last edited by GrumpyMox; Aug 30th, 2009 at 09:15:51. Reason: update
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Here we go, hopefully this will get resolved soon now.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...5&postcount=11

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Quote Originally Posted by Memreck
    Means, can somebody...anybody, please look into and figure out why our forum usernames keep changing themselves back and forth for no reason whatsoever...and then fix it? Please? It's really annoying. From my experience, I think something broke around the beginning of July, that's when I started seeing randomly change back and forth between what it used to be and what I requested it be changed too. There are a couple threads on the Tech Help forums from several other people having the same problem as well...

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=558732
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=557160
    I've passed on your links and issue to the guys who should fix it. Thanks for letting me know about this issue.