Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAD changes(?)

AAD changes(?)

Did I miss something being posted somewhere, or has AAD been changed without it being mentioned?

I haven't seen anything being posted about it anywhere. But I noticed something funny the other day when I logged my 150 (GA4) fixer to farm some CRU in s10 (Yes, that's what I use him for). In the past it has been a cake-walk. (A long cake-walk if you have ever played a GA fixer in s10)
    I would usually not bother killing the Grade II's, as they have too much HP for them to be worthy of my time to kill, and they barely ever hit me anyways.

So there I am, tanking 2 GII's (not the nuking type) and an ankari and the other mob I was fighting. Things are going pretty well, when all of the sudden it seems my luck ran out and I found myself mashing my evade perks and healing as fast as I can. But to no avail, I died.

I went in 2 times after that, only to be almost insta-killed by 2 ankari, and the other time just flat out steamrolled by normal attacking mobs.

Did I miss something in the patch notes or updates? I haven't changed my setup one bit since I used to go in there, same perks, GA was on, and I was full def as usual.

Anyone else have any issues like this? It may not be AAD (although that seems the case) but if it's not...what is it?
    Shuzzy bureacrat

yar been seeing some weirdness with AAD/evades on my crat and advy (noticably in s10 and more sublty in BS) - they don't seem to be quite functioning as they did - it could be a streak of bad luck (with AO's random # gen being notoriously streaky) but its been very noticeable, and its a loooooong streak.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

The Cha II's have uber AR, those and the vectors. That's probably your problem. The other II's are easily evaded.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

No, It's not the aliens themselves. I have been doing this for a year now, and this is the first time I have had a problem with it. I know the Cha's have some hawt AR, but it was more of a matter of my AAD in general seeming lower.

That, or FC changed the roll modifer to AAD.
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Getting very sick of ninja-changes to game mechanics.

They're making a habit of it now, and it's very, very bad because players have to go experiment, test, try to figure out what's happened, then they go change it, then players are left with no idea how their tools actually work, nor where they actually stand, so just have to 'trust' FC that they know best and all will be well.

This game is currently not worth playing.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I can confirm this. I died two times yesterday in S10 where I usually never die. The random GII was chain hitting me. I do get hit sometimes but never had this before. Fixer has well over 4000 def and at full def with def perks loaded. wtf! Or maybe they just nerfed GA !!
    Last edited by lordran; Aug 12th, 2009 at 08:45:31.
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

I wouldnt get too breathless about aad being the nerfiest until someone reports similar problems outside of s10 fixers (which means said he was gonna "fix"), my tl7 crat's aad is still working fine

O WOW ! Something new happened And it's immediately game mechanics!!!
    BUUUH FC U R SUCH BAD DEVS!!!

WHINNEEE

Chrys, got anything more to add?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

TNH just hit me twice. Twice! Me!

Broken.

Seriousness: I pretty much only fight gigantic raid targets, and I almost always rely on evasion rather than hitpoints to survive, since I have no useful doc (203 in XP gear whos -never- uploaded a healnano does not count) to keep my army alive. Seeing no changes between 18.0 and 18.1, other than that I spend a lot of my time in Pandemonium now.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

I only mentioned s10 because the character I have that most utilizes AAD happens to be my fixer. And after talking to a few other people who have other profs that use AAD, they said they noticed being hit more as well. But then again, s10 was the subject.
    Shuzzy bureacrat

s10 got nerfed so many times that you should first be asking if it wasn't nerfed once again rather than the AAD being nerfed. And with pretty much all posts in this thread I say it's safe to conclude that's the case. That or the usual "xxx got ninja nerfed, fix!" that accompanies any and all patches.
    I don't want a friggin solja. Give me back my fixer!

I am the Big Cat.
    For lulz and honour!

Sounds good, now we need to be unable to pass fences when aggroed and mobs have more snare resist + less hp and this playfield may be even playable for people that are not ga fixers.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Could it be that your social wear distracted you from the fact that your GA4 ran out?
    Open an account: $9
    Play the game: $10/month
    Follow FC development on AO: Priceless.

agree.

ADD or Evades was strong changed and nerfed.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Trust me...they havn't changed them. No more people can perk my mp now than could before. They may have changed the mobs in S10, but they didn't change AAD/evades.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

OMG THEY FIXED S10!!!!

Bout time.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

ONYXIA CASTS DEEP BREATH MORE!!!

oh wrong game..

same worthless complaint though.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

I know AAD has never been "right," but I feel like it's buggier lately.

If I hit all my perks (Deceptive Stance, Limber, DoF; DS already and always up), along with SWS XI and just average equip (Some 300 CSS, Some 300 Penultimate Ofab, 260-290 symbs), my 220 Fixer hits 3k+ evades and 2.8k+ AAD. With that "6k+" defense, you'd figure he'd be pretty untouchable.

Not in the slightest. No, it's not just specials galore trashing me in PvP. It's a lot of regular hits.

I'm not one to usually consider 1 AAD = 1 Evade/Dodge/Duck/NR. At best it's 50% I'd guess. Still, with "4k+ defenses" considering that, you'd figure I'd be able to evade most things. Not everyone has 4k AR all the time, let alone the usually not so great BS PvPers. While some really good PvPers do the BS now and then, the best usually aren't there. Yet I still get destroyed now and again. Meh

You don't really have a solid defense without some solid evades and some absorbs/cocoon/layer I say
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

/goes to roll a sold.

Evades have been borked for a while imo.

I focus on AR now and staying out of range/ kill target before they have a chance to mash AS/FA/burst on me... or whatever.

My little fixer has 2500ish dodge and evade with perks up. With the add all def is should be 3000ish.

I still get hit by some lvl 150's, especially solds and agents. How can that be? I don't think they have that much AR. They don't miss at all.

Melee profs have more difficulties. Keepers and Advies I can evade pretty good.

My enfo even evades more while he doesn't even come close to the fixers defense.

Doesn't seem right, does it?
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast