Thread: Why I Love Being Neutral

Why I Love Being Neutral

Neutral is by far the best faction in game.

Yeah the people from the other factions will disagree, site different references, flame people like me, etc. Ignoring those people, why then do I choose to stay neutral? Well being neutral is a challenge, but a challenge that yields great benefits.

Clan/Omni both get better side xp then us (though at times omni gets close to our side xp), but neutrals get teams a lot faster end game. Whats 10% side xp, to say doubling the time you'll get a team because you run both sided missions? Neutrals can level faster.

Neutrals also can make more money, again because their shops are viewable by both of the other factions. This means neutrals have the ability to sell stuff faster, and sometimes for more. Is it any wonder why the sided players like to rent neutral shops on alts?

Some say neutrals just can't be united, and that is our major weakness. I disagree, I believe that because neutrals are the most diverse faction in game, that can easily be their strength. Diversity is strength when people come together, as long as there is compromise.

Regarding pvp, well people call neutrals fence sitters, and some of us are. My personal view on pvp is to attack anyone I don't like. I don't care if the person is omni, clan, or even neutral. People worry that neutrals don't get enough pvp action, I think we get just enough. It's better to have a limited amount than to engage non-stop in pointless tower wars. It's great to have the freedom though to help your friends regardless of the labeled factions, that what I feel makes neutral a great faction in pvp. Because in the end, all factions have some great people.

At times it seems as if the game designers are trying to weed us out, make us weaker. I think it only makes the community stronger, as it really does weed at those out who need support groups.

Neutrals should also no longer fear the bot ban. Bots aren't really as important as they use to be, what's important are the people you know, and the number for friends you have, despite what faction they are labeled. They are the ones that will help you out in raids, getting phats, etc. Times have changed. You don't see too many omnis teaming with clans end game, but there have been plenty of times I've teamed with people from both factions to get my phats.

Even from an RP stand point, at least I think its better. I don't want to be part of corrupt organization like omni, and at the same time, the clans have become more like a terrorist organization, killing anything they can tab. That's not for me.

The bottom line, being neutral is awesome. I've had the opportunity to team with some of the best people from all factions. At the same time, I've had the opportunity to kill jackasses from all the factions as well. Few can say the same. They are too terrified to attack someone because of a label. I don't need one of the major labels like omni or clan to make me great, I can stand on my own & don't need those type support groups. I do what I like, when I like, say what I want, how I want, & fight those that attempt to harm my friends.

Go ahead, flame away . What can I say, I'm just a neutral that loves being neutral.
    Last edited by Neutralguard; Aug 30th, 2009 at 19:44:40.
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

W0rd, dawg. nuet 4 lyfe
    Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    Oho my good man. Perhaps – and of course good sir this is only suggestion, but a most earnest one at that, I can assure you – a fine gentleman such as yourself might be forthwith moved to transfer ownership of the contents of your inventory to a handsome and deserving chap, namely myself, in a timely fashion?

/crocodile tear

that was an awesome post

*applauds*
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    /crocodile tear

that was an awesome post

*applauds*
    This...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    tl;dr

In short?
    TL;DR version:

Sebuda is not a man IRL, and Bruce wears pink socks.
    ManiaC DivinE DeluxE
    Divine001 - 220/30/70 - Master

that means no more bitchin about neck items?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

best part: having fence pole stuck so far up your ass it makes you look like a unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Neutralguard View Post
    but neutrals get teams a lot faster end game. Whats 10% side xp, to say doubling the time you'll get a team because you run both sided missions? Neutrals can level faster.
    I respectfully disagree, when finding members to leveling situations (say ado hecks + inf missions) it's easier to use the "Side:" menu in the LFT window (set to Clan or Omni) depending on your faction. And I know for a fact many people do indeed use this when looking for team members.

neutrals just can't be united, and that is our major weakness.[...]Diversity is strength when people come together
    Enough said.

My personal view on pvp is to attack anyone I don't like. I don't care if the person is omni, clan, or even neutral. People worry that neutrals don't get enough pvp action, I think we get just enough.
    I don't personally believe in ganking members of your own faction, but nothing, absolutely nothing stops a clan ganking a clan, or an omni ganking an omni. So: not a benefit to your 'side'. (or lack thereof)

It's better to have a limited amount than to engage non-stop in pointless tower wars.
    Regarding PvP again, there is nothing forcing a member of a sided faction to attend "non-stop pointless tower wars", so what's your benefit to being neutral? Any one person has his exact, perfect, balance of pvp/pvm. It is up to each individual. I defend towers because I enjoy the Player Versus Player aspects of it, not because

Then you go on to say how you've sided with all factions, and have friends, and blah blah. Like your the only one in the world. Everyone, from every faction, has that exact same opportunity.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

The few, the proud, the neutral carebear hippies!

Rawr.

I have to admit, I've always tended to pick neutrals first from LFT, not because I know them personally, or I have some sort of twisted neut pride (which I do, but I digress), but because 50% of TL7 sided people that you pick up from LFT haven't a clue how to play this game (or speak english, etc), but only about 20% of TL7 neuts seem useless.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    I respectfully disagree, when finding members to leveling situations (say ado hecks + inf missions) it's easier to use the "Side:" menu in the LFT window (set to Clan or Omni) depending on your faction. And I know for a fact many people do indeed use this when looking for team members.
    The window allows a person to sort by faction, yes. The person would be dumb to use though & I can picture them there shouting team of 5 lf dd, while another more intelligent person grabs the neutral dd, doc, crat, etc. off lft.

I don't personally believe in ganking members of your own faction, but nothing, absolutely nothing stops a clan ganking a clan, or an omni ganking an omni. So: not a benefit to your 'side'. (or lack thereof)
    Of course something stops them, you just missed the point. The fear of label, bot ban, etc. Though I'd enjoy the day when one large clan org attacks another large clan org because of whatever reason (or omni doesn't matter). It's not like it would hurt the side xp, so why not do it more often? Is it out of respect or are the people just too lazy because they can't tab it?

Then you go on to say how you've sided with all factions, and have friends, and blah blah. Like your the only one in the world. Everyone, from every faction, has that exact same opportunity
    I agree, many people team together at nasc, ely hecks from all different factions. It's kinda cute really, because one day those little buggers will grow up & start slashing each other throats, the split starts to take place after they graduate to pen. If there is a clan or omni org out there that has members from all factions in their org chat, please let me know, I'd like to hang out with them sometime. I know our org has members from all factions in their chat daily, yeah big deal I guess to many people but its just one aspect that makes being neutral great.
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

The window allows a person to sort by faction, yes. The person would be dumb to use though & I can picture them there shouting team of 5 lf dd, while another more intelligent person grabs the neutral dd, doc, crat, etc. off lft.

Of course something stops them, you just missed the point. The fear of label, bot ban, etc. Though I'd enjoy the day when one large clan org attacks another large clan org because of whatever reason (or omni doesn't matter). It's not like it would hurt the side xp, so why not do it more often? Is it out of respect or are the people just too lazy because they can't tab it?

I agree, many people team together at nasc, ely hecks from all different factions. It's kinda cute really, because one day those little buggers will grow up & start slashing each other throats, the split starts to take place after they graduate to pen. If there is a clan or omni org out there that has members from all factions in their org chat, please let me know, I'd like to hang out with them sometime. I know our org has members from all factions in their chat daily, yeah big deal I guess to many people but its just one aspect that makes being neutral great.
    -Theres not often enough neutral players at tl7 on lft for inf missions to warrant having my lft window filled up with omni's too. If there was a Clan/Neut option, I would definitely use it.

-If you attack another clan org, as a clan. then you do get a sort of 'label' against you. where you just lose respect i guess among other players. some people are strongly against ganking similarily sided players and i can understand that. so why do it? And it's not like theres neuts doing it left and right here. so there's no black and white/freedom or sided.

-I wasn't talking about guest chats in the org channel or anything, just friends of friendlies of every side, even though I may be a clan. And as much as you avoid having a label, everyone knows to a degree that neutrals are "protected" among omnis. Least that's the way I see it.
    Last edited by AGPEcko; Aug 31st, 2009 at 05:25:22.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Cool

Neutral is by far the best faction in game.

Go ahead, flame away . What can I say, I'm just a neutral that loves being neutral.

Marvelous post. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post
    tl;dr

In short?
    twice as many quests in Shadowlands.

hai
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Truly epic.

LOL, nice one
    Based God.

rofl soooo true
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

everyone knows to a degree that neutrals are "protected" among omnis.
    I am hoping that will change.
    Shuzzy bureacrat