Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 4th, 2009 - Dragoncon

Funcom employee Friday with Means - September 4th, 2009 - Dragoncon

Kintaii and myself just got back from the AO panel at the Sheraton hotel where we hosted a quick Q&A session with the dedicated players who made the trip to this years event. With the exception of the significant distraction of one of our players showing up in a real life halloween bikini in the middle of my introduction I think it went pretty well...it was great to have a chance to meet up with so many of you in one place and have the opportunity for a good face to face question session.

No major expansions, hard dates or big surprises were made public at this panel as we wanted to confirm that (with the exception of the engine) the major focus of the team for the next while is to continue isolating and removing old issues from the game and improving the existing game experience.

The event was filmed and we hope to make it available for download (and some photos from this years party at the Marriot) for those who couldn't be here this year. We hope to manage this some time during the next week...photos should be soon.

Thanks to all who made it to this year's panel!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

2nd!

They got any live webcams there? We got to see your co-workers live at PAX pimping TSW.
    Last edited by vadagget; Sep 5th, 2009 at 00:58:04.
    I am Dagget

3rd

Waiting for the video of the event and news of the new engine.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

5th
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    3rd

Waiting for the video of the event and news of the new engine.
    Chrisax.. you, you, forumtroll you!!1!

PS: 6th!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

About time!

Not that there was any content to read though....

Doh, well, maybe you can get the video up soon. Wonder who decided a halloween bikini was a good idea?

Have fun at Dragoncon, and don't come back TOO hung over.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    No major expansions, hard dates or big surprises were made public at this panel as we wanted to confirm that (with the exception of the engine) the major focus of the team for the next while is to continue isolating and removing old issues from the game and improving the existing game experience.
    Hi Means,

I am not really meaning to stir (much), but the messages I am getting a very mixed. I am a fixer and am greatly looking forward to the upcoming balance changes, and the fixer love patch. A quick timeline:
    - 1 May: Friday with Means annouces fixers are getting some love
    - 26 June: Broken Rhat'Ata enters the game
    - 11 July: Means apologises to fixers and states 'We have been having discussions regardling the larger changes required to return fixers to what makes them special and hope to include the fixer community in these discussions in the very near future.'
    - Today: Mean announces that the dev team is isolating and removing old issues from the game.

Not to mention that in a response to a question, you said fixers should wait till the AS/FA changes come in because this would help our balance.

So what message do you want to give to fixers? 4 months and no real love, no consultation, no comment on game balance, and you are now concentrating on old things?

Sorry Mean, but I am disillusioned at the moment, and seriously considering whether to renew either of my subscriptions. I know 2 accounts won't make much difference to you, but please, can you give me something to look forward to? Or if not, remove the confusion so I can make the most informed decision possible?

Hi means and kintaii. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions after the AoC Q&A. Hope you all enjoy Atlanta.
    Melinea - 218/12/40 Solitus Crat
    Blueyed - 150/2/7 Nanomage Doctor
    Andousto - 80/4/8 Solitus Soldier

With zero power comes zero responsibility...

Thank you for the post.

/shameless-hijack

Could you please comment on the very popular concept of "red vs. blue battlestations"? If changes were made to move battlestations away from the current omni vs. clan model, they would run far more frequently with less predictable results. This should cause a lot of lapsed subscribers to return, since many people have quit the game citing inactive battlestations and the associated boredom as their reason for doing so.

Pleasepleaseplease red v blue!
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

What do you say about a 9 year old game at Dragoncon anyway? "Look at us, we're still going!"?

I will accept bikini pics in lieu of an answer.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

real life halloween bikini eh? pics or didn't happen.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Perseus, no real expansion, the current work is all old stuff meaning it'll enter game and things that exist in game will get updated along with small updates. Dark Ruins and some small new items, dont expect more then that for a while until the balance hits.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Spare us the bikini pics if it was a trox sized dude wearing it. Borat scars still linger.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Hmmzzz WTB more QnA more A's than Q's tbh.
    If it's not broken your not trying hard enough.

Grind42 General of Athens Paladins

get us some new players now Means we need em
    For the funz....

I don't know why, but I always imagine the FC booth like a kids booth at a science project fair lol. Wouldn't mind seeing the video to help shut that image away.

Another "Hai guys" FWM?!

Such a disappointment, bleh!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast