Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 25th, 2009 - Incoming

Funcom employee Friday with Means - September 25th, 2009 - Incoming

This weeks update was delayed by a significant problem found with the start-up experience in Shadowlands on TestLive that made it impossible to start a new Keeper or Shade. The oversight on the faction required for the Neutral side change forms was unfortunate but not the primary reason for the delay. Thank you to the players who brought these issues to our attention and helped us fix these before they sneaked onto Live.

The upcoming weeks should also bring the "Sponsorship system" to the Live servers where the kind act of mentoring new players and ecouraging them to become full members of the AO world will result in a reward of free game-time. I had hoped to get this out earlier in conjunction with the evaluation of the german server but the deployment of the new billing system has resulted in delays. No serious decision will be made concerning the future of the DNW until this system has had a fair chance at helping the recruitment of new players...as the ability to be a full subscriber for free is likely to have an effect on customer numbers. I know this is likely not what some of the DNW community wants to hear but it is the next significant step in the process of deciding on the future of the DNW server. Cost of an AO subscription has been a long term concern voiced by the DNW community...the sponsorship system is a direct action based on DNW concerns. The large percentage of players who wish to remain on a german-only server are entitled to try out the new system designed for them before any other drastic and permanent action is taken.

I apologize for not getting back to as many people this week in PM's as I had hoped. The feedback I asked for concerning old issues and annoyances has been answered with great enthusiasm...I expect we will be busy for quite awhile with these issues...but this has gone a long way to isolating which areas are "least popular" of AO's "features". The death of "preferences not saved before first log-out" included in next week's update is a good start...we are all looking forward to making more of these go away for good.

Let me answer several PM's at once here by saying "We have not forgotten Halloween!". Halloween is my favourite AO time of year and we have planned a raft of non-traditional goodies for this year including a new hoverbike, hoverboard, new t-shirts, placards, masks, batwings, the long awaited "Bat with Scope" for the innaccurate melee character, a new festive seasonal hoverchair, the much requested "Egina" t-shirt for our female hardcore players, Costumes (OMG Catgurlz?) and more. With absolutely no explanation or reason except that "we can" there will also be new ducks. Halloween has not been forgotten...after next week's update goes live we can't wait to start testing these new toys on Test.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Uncle Pumpkinhead; Sep 25th, 2009 at 16:52:51.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

omigawd!

i'ma first!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Funcom employee

FIRST!

Hah!

Edit: Dammit!! I WORK here, I heard him say "It's posted!" and I STILL didn't get first! ><
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

first

or not. 3rd works. So, when do we see the REAL work on Fixers? And when will you start on MPs?
    Last edited by Jandorith; Sep 25th, 2009 at 16:46:15. Reason: !first

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    FIRST!

Hah!
    sorry chief, looks like you were second
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

first..page
    Michelangela - 220/24 - Adventurer oOo Tradinfrance - 220/23 - Trader oOo Doucefrance - 220/21 - Doctor
    Zentille - 220/20 - Keeper oOo Lelorrain - 220/18 - MP oOo Asturia - 220/21 - Soldier
    Aoekiss - 220/24 - NT oOo Mijagi - 211/16 - Trader oOo Sucredorge - 174/19 - Enforcer oOo Snipinfrance - 187/15 - Agent
    Poussinette - 170/15 - Fixer oOo Khaline - 169/09 - Bureaucrat

Love the sound of the halloween gear!
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Oo bump for slick looks!!

1st page

Hmmm....

But no details yet on just how the sponsorship program will work? Sounds like it is all detailed out, just awaiting billing's tweaking to accomodate it.
    Last edited by vadagget; Sep 25th, 2009 at 16:57:46.
    I am Dagget

First to read the whole thing and not just ninja post! And those guys above are wannabies. .

I echo the Jandorith, WTB some info on MP fixes, and if you're going to look at -000 weapons anytime soon.

Means, you know if you're going to open up the floodgates by requesting people send in feedback,you're gonna get drowned in what lots of people are going to suggest...

First page? WTF? Forum trolls are slacking!

What about SEX CHANGE?

Other MMOs allows you to change almost everything about your character and it was met with huge praise from the community. You can even change race in "OTHER MMOs"!

not saying this is "other MMOs", but it should be doable right?

Bring SEX CHANGE TO PLASTIC SURGERY!

I been waiting nicely for few years now.
    Last edited by madridd; Sep 25th, 2009 at 17:01:07.
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Halloween is my favourite AO time of year and we have planned a raft of non-traditional goodies for this year including a new hoverbike, hoverboard,
    Thank you for making something that looks even more bad*** than my Death Rider. Those new vehicles look sweeeeeet.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    FIRST!

Hah!

Edit: Dammit!! I WORK here, I heard him say "It's posted!" and I STILL didn't get first! ><
    lol
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

woohoo!

Are the Bat wings made out of scoped baseball bats? Because, that would be teh funnyz.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Cool

first page
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Fire all your designers, replace them for Chinese code monkeys. We don't need more hoverboards, hoverbikes, luxury departments and shiny nightclubs, we need the bugs of this game fixed and the game code optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Costumes (OMG Catgurlz?) and more
    Oh god...

Teh Catgurlz....

TEH CATGURLZ!!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

"Last edited by Uncle Pumpkinhead; Today at 18:52:51.. "

<Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Oh god...

Teh Catgurlz....

TEH CATGURLZ!!
    My sentiments exactly.

Between that and batwings!! I think I want Means and Kintaii to have my babies!!!

(to be discussed at next DragonCon. :P)
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast