Thread: vRoll 1.0.0 - An Anarchy Online Vicinity Chat Loot Roller

vRoll - An Anarchy Online Vicinity Chat Loot Roller

Yet another crazy contraption by my doing.
    Ever find yourself raiding often without a bot handy to handle the loot distribution?
    tired of rolling numbers in helpbot, copy/pasting and all that extra hassle of figuring out who is what number?
    don't want to run a bot yourself due to the complexities?

well my friend, I've got just the app for you!
    Introducing: vRoll.

vRoll is an automated loot rolling system wrapped up into a simple and easy-to-use application that works off of the very same "technology" that damage dumpers use
    but is also much easier to use then your average damage dumper.
    the only difference is, vRoll will communicate with you and other players
    by reading logged vicinity chats and writing responsive output scripts.

Still not convinced?
    perhaps a small demonstration (9mb) will help.

like what you see?
    then you can download it here from www.xyphos.com
    it's written in VB.NET 2008 on WinXP sp2, released to the public as open source under the GPL v3 license.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Oct 9th, 2009 at 22:49:43.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

britty nais.

What is lootorder though? generates a random order every time its executed?

yep
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

v1.0.1 released, and out of beta phase.
    thanks to all who tested it.

v1.0.3 released today
    added support for team and raid chat channels besides vicinity.
    lots of other fixes and tweaks

Question

Can you add up for a specific item?

Now it seems you add up for every item and one person wins all of em?...
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Always nice with new tools Especially Open-Source!

A couple of questions:

1. How do others join your raffle? It seemed to me to be a link to a local script. Do everybody need it installed? I might have misunderstood something here..

2. Where is the winner determined? At the client computer of the person rolling? If so, can someone recompile it and make themselves always win? (if this is for "friends only", I guess it shouldn't matter, but I'd like some clarification).

3. What authority verifies the results?

4. Can it automatically add team members?

the posibility to add a description / item reference for the 'raffle start' command would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Can you add up for a specific item?

Now it seems you add up for every item and one person wins all of em?...
    well, I just assumed that the vroll master or team/raid leader would announce before the roll, what item is being rolled for.

the vroll master adds people in their team or raid for the bot to RANDOMLY select players from when doing flat roll and loot order.
    you're not supposed to clear this list after every roll, only when your team and/or raid party members change.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotJunk View Post
    Always nice with new tools Especially Open-Source!

A couple of questions:

1. How do others join your raffle? It seemed to me to be a link to a local script. Do everybody need it installed? I might have misunderstood something here..

2. Where is the winner determined? At the client computer of the person rolling? If so, can someone recompile it and make themselves always win? (if this is for "friends only", I guess it shouldn't matter, but I'd like some clarification).

3. What authority verifies the results?

4. Can it automatically add team members?
    1) when a raffle is started, it'll post some scripts in the channel that vroll was assigned to (Vicinity / Raid / Team)
    those scripts contain chat commands which will send the raffle join and leave commands to the same channel that vroll is assigned to and vroll should detect these commands and add or kick players from the raffle roll. other people DO NOT need to have vroll installed in order to use these commands, all that is required is a few simple clicks on the chat commands that vroll outputs.
    if it seems that the same winner is being picked over and over, then obviously not enough people have joined the raffle for the bot to select from.

2) Currently, the winner is determined within vroll. and it is possible to "rig" the winner from within modified program code, I plan on adding to future versions, a website PHP script to determine winners and have a centralized winner selector and verification system to attempt preventing such. currently, vroll only loosely "protects" against modified scripts to determine winners with a timestamp verification.

3) authority? winner can be verified with time stamp checks from the F9 key. if the timestamp in the winner result is off by 1 minute or more then the results are fake / faux. I plan on correcting this in the future.

4) auto-add is possible but currently not implemented. I'll take this as a suggestion. look for it in future versions

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosfixx View Post
    the posibility to add a description / item reference for the 'raffle start' command would be nice
    in that makes 2 requests, you and the first quote.
    I'll see about adding this feature soon(tm)
    Last edited by Xyphos; Oct 14th, 2009 at 00:18:53.

Trust issues with the original programmer aside, I still wouldn't trust anyone ever using this. So obviously OH EXPLOITABLE.
    Last edited by Majoroutage_; Oct 14th, 2009 at 21:28:20.
    Because Race Yalm

Well, not having looked at it, you could probably just use a constant as your generator seed, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    Trust issues with the original programmer aside, I still wouldn't trust anyone ever using this. So obviously OH EXPLOITABLE.
    trust issues?
    I can assure you that I don't write viruses or malware. and the fact that "well coded" malware/virus wouldn't be written in .NET which would make it Dependant on .NET framework in order to function properly.

I was talking more like the lines of rigging rolls.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    I was talking more like the lines of rigging rolls.
    right... I'd rig a roll to have my character(s) rolled on all the time, even
    on servers I don't play, in teams i'm unaware of, or otherwise not participating in, then release the souce code publicly to reflect such.

Paranoid much?

No, I'm saying this could easily be modified for others to do so. Especially since you posted the source code.
    Because Race Yalm

Indeed. Once you get the centralized verification thingymajig up this would be a neat tool though. Appreciate the effort