Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranged vs melee setups

Ranged vs melee setups

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Who are you to dictate what a profession is? It's quite clear MAs have ranged support.
    Yeah, like every MA uses bow in inf missions, and at least 90% of them only uses bow in PvP, since fists are not that cool. In other words; MA is a melee prof. Yeah, you can go ranged, and lose 90% of your efficiency in pvm/pvp(well debatable for mass pvp like towers). But basically you gimp yourself as much as if soldier goes wearing piercing weapons. If we would focus our professionals being ranged, that would be almost as stupid as putting some of these "newbies" to that position. Go back to crat forums already, you arent needed here in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Who are you to dictate what a profession is? It's quite clear MAs have ranged support.
    i'm God himself and i'm telling you MA's are a melee class.. still not convinced?

need a lil moar? Alright, well get this.. AS has been the most whined about thing in AO when it comes to pvp since oh idk EQB enforcers were dumping on everyone and their grandma back before SL was released.. (dont remember? i'm sure you dont) and how AS can cap all the time, be used by any prof and hit you no matter how much evades/defenses you have, this wasn't a completely unintended accident by the devs. So they gave some profs who they thought would need it some love in the area and designated a weapon for them, think of it as if they gave us a boost to our AS first along with other professions and with us we were given a green Bow line and Bow buffs etc so we could pop decent AS's, hell they even give us bow's with a 1 second swap time.. so if you haven't already i think you should understand FC never intended for us to pick up a bow and just use it 100% of the time.. (pvm - its worse then terrible.. super low AR, super low dpm.. its obviously not meant for pvm.. and pvp? well the only way you can make it work pvp is if you UP every AS item u have and go NR8...)

now you tell me Mr NotCrattey do you really think this was the intention for Martial Artists when the profession was created? or is this just one /failed route of a struggling MA trying to make it and try new things in this current broken pvp system where even a MARTIAL ARTIST needs to go all out AS, forget half his toolset and stick to kiting and popping AS.. ya i'm sure this really was the intended route for ma's..

p.s. i really am god

edit: lol and Mr NotCrattey, idk if i should even take someone like you seriously, just took a look at your sig.. your really trying to be 2 different profession's professional? i miss professionals like Nova who knew EVERYTHING about his prof and really repped the professional program instead of making it look like a joke and asking to be this prof's professional, or THIS prof's professional or wait they dont have any more spots? what about keepers do they got a professional yet? i've played a kiip0r before!!
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 15th, 2009 at 03:59:39.
    Immortal "Shookone" Technique - 220.23.66 [1][2] - [E] - [After "Balancing"]

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Shookwon View Post
    i'm God himself and i'm telling you MA's are a melee class.. still not convinced?

need a lil moar? Alright, well get this.. AS has been the most whined about thing in AO when it comes to pvp since oh idk EQB enforcers were dumping on everyone and their grandma back before SL was released.. (dont remember? i'm sure you dont) and how AS can cap all the time, be used by any prof and hit you no matter how much evades/defenses you have, this wasn't a completely unintended accident by the devs. So they gave some profs who they thought would need it some love in the area and designated a weapon for them, think of it as if they gave us a boost to our AS first along with other professions and with us we were given a green Bow line and Bow buffs etc so we could pop decent AS's, hell they even give us bow's with a 1 second swap time.. so if you haven't already i think you should understand FC never intended for us to pick up a bow and just use it 100% of the time.. (pvm - its worse then terrible.. super low AR, super low dpm.. its obviously not meant for pvm.. and pvp? well the only way you can make it work pvp is if you UP every AS item u have and go NR8...)

now you tell me Mr NotCrattey do you really think this was the intention for Martial Artists when the profession was created? or is this just one /failed route of a struggling MA trying to make it and try new things in this current broken pvp system where even a MARTIAL ARTIST needs to go all out AS, forget half his toolset and stick to kiting and popping AS.. ya i'm sure this really was the intended route for ma's..

p.s. i really am god

edit: lol and Mr NotCrattey, idk if i should even take someone like you seriously, just took a look at your sig.. your really trying to be 2 different profession's professional? i miss professionals like Nova who knew EVERYTHING about his prof and really repped the professional program instead of making it look like a joke and asking to be this prof's professional, or THIS prof's professional or wait they dont have any more spots? what about keepers do they got a professional yet? i've played a kiip0r before!!
    Well, whenever you want to duel me, just let me know, I think the only MA who can beat me, as a ranged MA, if I don't go NR8, and use all my tools to the best, is Ange, and even then it'll be 50/50, depending on his first alpha. Yet again, I don't think we should get a ranged prof, unless, of course, we get an SL perline. But there is something you seem to forget. it's that both the ONLY ranged MAs on either server still know more about MELEE MA than you'll ever do. And Ange can, at least, vouch for my knowledge. But yet again, and thanks Neon for the vote, I am going to decline whatever vote I get, if I would be to get any. Which I doubt, considering I stated I would decline the job, no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Definition of Martial Arts: Any of the traditional forms of Oriental self-defense or combat that utilize physical skill and coordination without weapons, as karate, aikido, judo, or kung fu, often practiced as sport.

I think "coordination without weapons" would be the general point to get out of that.
    Silentsnipr3 220/27/69 Martial Artist Equip
    Behehe 220/30/69 Enforcer Equip
    Barbqq 170/11 NT
    Flurryofcutz 166/17 Advy

Proud General of Shadowmercs

Hah, ok Neccoz.. please take a step outside of that ridiculously small box you've built around yourself and realize i really dont care how good you do as a ranged MA.. that to me is like saying your beatin everyone down as a melee agent.. all i see is an obvious broken mechanic somewhere along those lines and i dont want to know more or see how you get jour oh so ubar kiting kills.. i dont care, i also dont care how much you think you know about melee Ma's and how oh so powerful your nerd knowledge in AO is on every last mechanic ingame.. Congratz. And still, the agument is simple.. should MA's be ranged 100% of the time like you? no.

You my friend.. are like i said, if anything a joke for other MA's to laugh at, basically your just a representation of whats wrong in AO right now, when MA's have to fully perk NR and stick to kiting and poppin AS.. lol i'm sorry, you can think/say whatever you want but Ma's were meant to SWAP AS.. not.. do what you do with it, if you cant admit that your setup is built around a broken pvp system and the only reason your setup the way you are is because you cant enjoy pvp as a regular MA then theres no point in even trying to argue with you, quick question when you rolled your MA did u plan on maxxin out NR not raising martial arts and just stickin to ur bow, kitin all day and poppin AS's?

Yet you ended up where your at now because your just tryin to make the best of your current situation (being a MA in current pvp system) and i honestly dont care what you do or what you like to experiment with, just dont go blabbin on saying MA's are better off ranged or even play it off as a suitable option because thats not the direction 99% of us want to be going.

oh and do i want to duel you? a kiting MA.. sounds hilarious and all but i'm way too lazy to get all situated on test (never even logged into test) and duel you, because tbh.. i dont care, you could beat liek everyone ingame and a ranged MA would be liek teh UBAREST of all combo's ingame and i'd still be usin my fists swappin AS because thats what i enjoy doing, kiting fat circles around my target as if they were a heck poppin AS every lil bit and tryin to find some way to abuse the current system in my favor just so i can get a kill or 2 would in fact take most if not all the fun out of it.
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 15th, 2009 at 05:20:44.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    To Download select a video and right click, "save link as" and start DL, the US/EU Servers are to DL from depending on where you live for quicker speed.
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

lol, mate.. what made you think i or anyone else for that matter believes Neccoz leveled up to 220/30 as a NR all the way Bow Pro.. Because i dont.. no, i'm sure she was melee for most her career but that doesnt matter because however hard or long she tried she failed and ended up with a 220/30 MARTIAL ARTIST.. completely endgame.. in all ranged armor, ranged accessories and is 100% Bow, now for what reason would someone do this? lol, its kinda obvious its just for using AS in pvp.. its not for its PVM damage, lol thats for sure..

I dont doubt Neccoz is an experienced player and knows AO's Mechanics, hell her main character is a public display of her experience and demonstrating what she knows to be flawed in AO today.. Being ranged allows you to kite and abuse one of the most hated flaw's in AO's gameplay which is it's Sync problem, "out of range" "out of range" yet your clearly in range, and if your really experienced pvp'ing and kiting like some people you can really abuse strafe running.. A good kiter with evades (like ma's..) are obnoxiously hard to kill.. and its not because of their skill.. its because of a coding problem AO Devs have yet to master, And then secondly and more importantly the MAIN reason she's completely ranged.. is Aimed Shot, the one special that has taken over PVP and every profession thinks they need to have, even keepers swap to nova's for AS.. it's dumb, and i'm glad it'll be fixed hopefully so experimental setups like Neccoz can go out the window and true user's of the special like agents and soldiers possibly will have the best and most suitable options for the special.

As it is now, all i see Neccoz is doing is abusing the current pvp problems and manipulating them to her favor, i have no doubt in my mind a 220/30 MA in a full set of alphas/css all setup def, can be annoying to ANYONE kiting them and AS'ing them til the person /flip's and gives up, its not a matter of skill what she is doing imo its a matter of giving up, which i believe she has.. So do i want this person leading my profession telling them ya its ok to use Bow and kite ppl only using AS!! and ya if you want go NR! liek me! so noone can drain or root you and u can just kite ppl popping evades all day! lol its a /fail way of pvping in my eyes but like i said earlier this is all IMO..
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 15th, 2009 at 08:16:49.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    I think the only MA who can beat me, as a ranged MA, if I don't go NR8, and use all my tools to the best, is Ange, and even then it'll be 50/50, depending on his first alpha...
    Thats just stupid. There are plenty of MA's who can hand you your ass in pvp.Only because you have specialized in ranged don't mean that rest of us who don't post nonsense to forums can't do the same thing with excatly the same gear. Your huge unhandable psychedelic knowledge and skill is not the reason why you think like that, it is because majority of us MA's are wise enough not to go ranged.

This made my day tho. Individual posting on forums that only 1 person can beat him, heh.
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    Thats just stupid. There are plenty of MA's who can hand you your ass in pvp.Only because you have specialized in ranged don't mean that rest of us who don't post nonsense to forums can't do the same thing with excatly the same gear. Your huge unhandable psychedelic knowledge and skill is not the reason why you think like that, it is because majority of us MA's are wise enough not to go ranged.

This made my day tho. Individual posting on forums that only 1 person can beat him, heh.
    Definitely this!

"Specialized in ranged" is such a wildly false statement though. You should try "uses the ranged toolset available to MAs to fully benefit from silly AO PvP."

It is akin to saying that Cortez (Kinkstaah) is less of an Agent because he uses a melee weapon. That's just simply not true. He built his toon to utilize a specific aspect of game mechanics that allowed him to do what he wanted with his toon, same with this case. The knowledge of the profession must be there or these crazy setups wouldn't even work.

That all said, Neccoz doesn't even want the position. Looks like you guys will end up with Angevil and ... who knows.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    "Specialized in ranged" is such a wildly false statement though. You should try "uses the ranged toolset available to MAs to fully benefit from silly AO PvP."

It is akin to saying that Cortez (Kinkstaah) is less of an Agent because he uses a melee weapon. That's just simply not true. He built his toon to utilize a specific aspect of game mechanics that allowed him to do what he wanted with his toon, same with this case. The knowledge of the profession must be there or these crazy setups wouldn't even work.

That all said, Neccoz doesn't even want the position. Looks like you guys will end up with Angevil and ... who knows.
    There is nothing false in the statement. Being different is not the same as being intelligent. Actions that decrease overall effectiveness in certain category are considered as futile.

"The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do."
    - Michael Porter
    /Jekonam | 220 ma
    /Jekoslap | 220 crat
    /Jekoblack | 220 sold
    /Jekoblastah | 164 trader
    /Jekolandsubt | 158 doc
    /Jeko | 150 fixer
    /Jekonuke | 150 nt

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    It is akin to saying that Cortez (Kinkstaah) is less of an Agent because he uses a melee weapon.
    lol.. Nice try. Yet, comparing Kink and Neccoz is pointless because their "unusual" routes to success are just a "bit" different.. But since i'm sure you wont just take my word for it..

Kink.. w/his Agent Cortez started to swap a melee weapon for SA i'm pretty sure after he saw taikwandodo test this out on his MA, but regardless all he was doing was adding another swap special to his setup.. do you hear me calling every keeper/adv/enf who swaps to nova for AS like Neccoz? no, because they are not.

Neccoz, as stated before in a more detailed way but simply put, obviously Neccoz knows about MA's and ingame mechanics or her setup wouldnt exist, her setup on her MA is just a demonstration of what she knows to be b0rked in AO today's current pvp system.. all of which boil down to 2 things, she is NR so noone can root/drain her in any way while she is kiting you, so while popping all evades and properly strafe running it will be obnoxiously hard to kill her, then the second and more important reason.. Aimed Shot, the one reason she went ranged, just so she could kite all her targets all day nothing being able to slow her down only AS will hit her and the few straggler hits, she'll just kite you all day poppin AS's ABUSING the current problems in AO pvp with kiting and its sync and having the one special that will hit anyone with the shortest recharge, and so she bases her ENTIRE setup around that one special and being an annoying player..

And yet you expect me to respect Neccoz? why cuz she gave up and went with this /fail setup? i get how annoying it is to be a MA in NW and be rooted all the time w/uwos down and we have our problems in mass pvp, thats obvious.. as it stands MA's are best suited for duel's since our toolset consists of a buncha one time tricks.. But like i've already said many times, Neccoz didn't have the idea to be a 220/30 nr only ranged MA when she rolled him she got to that level got tired of pvping w/current mechanics so she built her MA to just be another annoying kiting Agent/Fixer wannabe..

Again, i dont care what Neccoz does or experiment's with or tries out just dont expect me to listen to some MA who got her a$$ handed to her so many times that she had to..

- Go Completely Ranged.. as a Martial Artist.. (first off when you think of a Martial Artist, do you think of some person in full ranged armor with a fat gun who never gets close to you, never uses his heal nanos or fists or anything, or does this sound more and more like a joke of a MA
    - Go all out NR so she'll never be stopped in her tracks kiting, or drained or stopped
    - So here now you have a Martial Artist, who is always running from you, undrainable in any way.. popping AS's and evades all day until either someone AS's her to death or she AS's someone else to death.. Now i dont think anyones questioning how this was unintended because its obvious it was, and lol its a fun setup i never said otherwise, why not try it out it obviously would do well in todays pvp system, BUT dont use it and then expect after a few kills now your starting to get good at pvp.. lol your not, any experienced AO player (doesnt even need to be that experienced) can hop on Neccoz's MA pop evades run circles around their target and pop AS, the only real timing involved is cycling evade perks and hitting AS everytime it comes up.. wow, such skill involved.

so idk, to me its kinda obvious atleast, the way she plays does not take skill, and to even say it does like how she said earlier "liek the only MA ingame that can kill me is ANG!!" ... LOL, WHO CARES how many people you can kite fat circles around poppin AS all day.. how is that impressive in any way to any experienced AO player? maybe to some froob who doesnt even understand what she's doing but all she's doing is crying and abusing current mechanics, if Neccoz has done anything positive with that setup its showing the AO Devs just how b0rked pvp today is.

So if it's not obvious by now, the only point i'm tryin to make with all of this, is Neccoz represents nothing to me but a experienced MA who gave up and decided to go into a ridiculously easy to use pvp setup which abuses the current flaws in today's pvp system, and that i dont have a problem with its the fact she thinks its actually intended in any form or way.. and then promote the idea of it as if the setup is anything but a mockery of ao's problems, and ofcouse why in hell would i want someone as my professional who gave up playing like a regular MA.. what will she learn in her day to day as to what MA's need, what would she be yellin at the ao devs for? give us a SL bow perk line! new upgraded Bow's! better MA only ranged armor!! lol, i try to imagine how Neccoz pvps and all i come up with is putting a Bow on a NR Flaviosan.. and watchin him run, and i'm sure its just like that.

i'm glad Neccoz doesnt want the job though
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 15th, 2009 at 15:53:39.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

lol, crattey if you were to read anything i said (i know, i know.. anything longer then a paragraph might look a lil scary but i assure you.. i didn't use many big words) you would notice i talked about the true user's of the special as in Agents and Soldiers hopefully they will get the most suitable and un-nerfed options for using AS, as for Fixers they will be well supported with their new main special Full Auto, as for adv's well ranged adv's are just a joke atm, hopefully AS will be nerfed hard for advs forcing them back to sneak or FA if they want to stay ranged.

Anyways, yes i agree "Diversity = more fun" but like i've said many many times.. 100% Bow using MA's are not intended, and the only reason one would do this is for AS and to kite etc, and again like i've said once AS gets fixed lil experimental setups like this that are built souly to abuse the current problems in AO pvp will be out the window.. but ofcourse, you read nothing i wrote so i doubt you'll even read this..

So go back to tryin to be every profession's professional eh crattey? you should roll a MA and try to be our professional, but if your not gonna do that can you please stfu? and atleast read the posts people are posting here before you post your jibber jabber?

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

i've said many many times.. 100% Bow using MA's are not intended
    But all you seem to spew is utter bull****, trying to use your feeble attempts to insult others to make your arguments somehow valid.
    Why should you saying "100% bow MAs AREN'T INTENDED :[" be the truth, I don't recall anyone from FC stating this. And what would be wrong with ranged MA getting love?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

lol.. mate, i dont need to insult anyone because it wouldn't change the fact that my argument's are valid..

And what would be wrong with ranged MA getting love? ... tell me young grasshopper, who are these ranged MA's you speak of? oh.. your only speaking of one.. Neccoz? oh i see

ok, well first off, what is a ranged MA? why would someone in their right mind go 100% bow.. when they could use dual shens have melee specials and use MA attacks and their real DD perks.. so ok obviously this whole ranged thing isnt PVM.. right? ok young ladee, i'm glad we've established that.

so this whole concept of a ranged MA is purely for pvp.. right? why is a ranged MA good in pvp? because they can kite? and i mean a kiter wants evades so even when the target gets close enough to hit him he'll probably miss! well ma's have loads of those.. but wait.. this setup cant really work if your gettin rooted/drained or you'll be killed wayyy too easy! so.. go nr! so you can efficiently kite anyone ingame and pop them with AS's and they wont hit u with anything but AS's either! and you got some heal perks so hey lets try it!!

umm no.. i'm sorry but what you fail to realize is the whole concept of a ranged MA is purely pvp and based on current "problems" in todays pvp system, so no i dont like the idea of other ma's shouting out yes its ok to go ranged and nr and kite kite kite.. that's not what MA's do or were intended to do.. and if you disagree then fine i really dont give a sh!t, so if you can tell me any other reason anyone would want a ranged MA be my guest, and please atleast have it make a little sense, And btw ofcourse we've already established it is gettin a Fix so unless Ma's get super AS love which we shouldnt then the whole concept of ranged ma's will be out the window like i said before yet you still think you need to bump the idea of them as if anyone would even consider rolling one if we couldnt use AS efficently..

P.S. are you just mad because i poked some jokes at you tryin to become 2 different professions professional? i mean, lol it is kinda funny.. i hope you have a higher lvl mp then that lvl 105 in your sig or thats just a straight up slap in the face to the whole MP community lol but anyways keep tryin to tell me how i'm wrong and how ranged MA's are the new up and comin thing
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 15th, 2009 at 22:48:47.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

ok, well first off, what is a ranged MA? why would someone in their right mind go 100% bow.. when they could use dual shens have melee specials and use MA attacks and their real DD perks.. so ok obviously this whole ranged thing isnt PVM.. right? ok young ladee, i'm glad we've established that.
    With the changes to AS and with the crit chance MAs can get, DD can be quite high on ranged MAs, especially if they were given an SL line.

so this whole concept of a ranged MA is purely for pvp.. right? why is a ranged MA good in pvp? because they can kite? and i mean a kiter wants evades so even when the target gets close enough to hit him he'll probably miss! well ma's have loads of those.. but wait.. this setup cant really work if your gettin rooted/drained or you'll be killed wayyy too easy! so.. go nr! so you can efficiently kite anyone ingame and pop them with AS's and they wont hit u with anything but AS's either! and you got some heal perks so hey lets try it!!
    /follow

P.S. are you just mad because i poked some jokes at you tryin to become 2 different professions professional? i mean, lol it is kinda funny.. i hope you have a higher lvl mp then that lvl 105 in your sig or thats just a straight up slap in the face to the whole MP community lol but anyways keep tryin to tell me how i'm wrong and how ranged MA's are the new up and comin thing
    I have a TL7 MP, but what this has to do with anything I have no idea.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

lol i just thought it was funny

and i'm glad you have a TL 7 MP, anyways.. /follow is your answer? ya ok /follow is just as good as your pets trying to hit someone who's kiting them.. and dont even tell me they get in even close to as many hits on a skilled kiter w/evades as they do if he was standing still.. thats obvious, dont even try to argue that.

so no /follow is not the answer to killing kiters, like i've said before with good evades proper strafe running and especially NR a skilled kiter is very hard to hit and lol /follow c'mon..

and wait.. what? "DD can be quite high on ranged MAs, especially if they were given an SL line" seriously? 1 attack bar vs 3.. crit dependent.. hits per min being the biggest factor.. and all the existent melee perks vs all the non existent sl line ranged perks.. ya i dont really even need to argue this one. anyways yes ofcourse you can argue "well uhh if FC gave ranged ma's <3 they could be awesome dd's just depends on how much love they give!" ok so if i said "well melee agents could be super dd's to if fc gave them a super melee line" i mean what would you say? there's a reason theres only one ranged MA out there and i dont feel like sayin it for the 10th time

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    Definition of Martial Arts: Any of the traditional forms of Oriental self-defense or combat that utilize physical skill and coordination without weapons, as karate, aikido, judo, or kung fu, often practiced as sport.

I think "coordination without weapons" would be the general point to get out of that.
    Oh really? What's your source? You didn't cite it. Because in mine, Katana is a WEAPON used in a certain Martial Arts. On a nerd level, every single endgame MA, not by choice but because it is mandatory to perform well, uses weapons. PvM: Shen sticks PvP: SoFC / Sapph. Are you one of those fist only MA who will always be behind the others, because you THINK Martial Arts are only the arts of Hand to Hand Combat?

should MA's be ranged 100% of the time like you? no.
    Have I stated that? I don't think so. I have, never, in my entire life, told anyone (other than as a joke, and you're not my friend, so I don't joke with you, so I obviously didn't say that to you) that ranged was the meant way of playing an MA, nor have I actually tried to make anyone go Bow. In fact, the six noobs who asked me questions since I went ranged all got the same answer when they came up with the fact I was ranged: I am having a lot of fun with it, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

when MA's have to fully perk NR and stick to kiting and poppin AS..
    They don't have to, I did, and I like it, it seems to bother you, well I'm sorry. I am playing the game to have fun, not to give you fun.

lol i'm sorry, you can think/say whatever you want but Ma's were meant to SWAP AS
    Oh? Now that's interresting. I thought Sapphistic bow initially had a 5,6s swap time, and that AS was a dark blue skill for MAs. I might be wrong though, you seem so full of knowledge, you are probably the one who's right. Can you tell me what item/support/skill you are referring to to state such?

the only reason your setup the way you are is because you cant enjoy pvp as a regular MA
    I did enjoy pvp as a melee MA. In fact, I would probably still do if the main reason I played AO wasn't mass pvp, the place where, when I started pvp, being melee meant you were cannon fodder, because it was a 120 vs 120, there was a lot of CC, and you could simply NEVER reach the opposite blob. For the kind of pvp I do, Ranged is simply the best way to actually be useful and enjoy the game. You remember it's a game, right?

quick question when you rolled your MA did u plan on maxxin out NR not raising martial arts and just stickin to ur bow, kitin all day and poppin AS's?
    When I rolled my MA was the day I started AO, and I started AO to have fun in it. Guess what, Ranged gives me a lot of fun. Because it isn't what I initially thought I would do sure as hell doesn't mean it's not what is the best for me, does it? And, to be honest, the only moments I kite are when I see an atrox run to me (MR with 11k HP is plain stupid), when I'm busy dealing with the owner of those stupid OP pets with that stupid OP Masters bidding, or when I see more than one opponent attack me, and I know I can't deal with them. We are still talking about pvp right? Not duels. I don't do duels, so i'll assume we do.

just dont go blabbin on saying MA's are better off ranged or even play it off as a suitable option because thats not the direction 99% of us want to be going.
    Link me to where I said it was the best thing to do as an MA, or when I've tried to lure anyone in going there. I'm afraid the only one trying to convince the other that HIS OWN AND VERY PERSONAL playstile is the best, here, is you. I will never tell anyone to go ranged, because you need to be sick like me and enjoy the exact same part of the game as me to actually enjoy Ranged.

oh and do i want to duel you? a kiting MA..
    I won't kite you, I just need to buy new fighting sitting kits!

would in fact take most if not all the fun out of it.
    Yet again, that's your own and very personal case. I do enjoy ranged or I wouldn't stick to it.

now for what reason would someone do this? lol, its kinda obvious its just for using AS in pvp.. its not for its PVM damage, lol thats for sure..
    What allows you to say "that's for sure" especially considering you're wrong? I went ranged because I was about to leave AO. In fact I let my account close. I came back only because it seemed fun. Ranged was the only thing that could make me come back. When you have no clue, please do not comment.

and more importantly the MAIN reason she's completely ranged.. is Aimed Shot
    No, it is not. I went ranged MAINLY because of Sync, and because I was tired of being kited by everyone and their mother. Guess what, you can't kite a ranged MA. Not the way you can kite a melee MA at least, you can still run all over a zone untill MR recharges though, but you can't run in circle and spam O. Because I will hit wherever you are in your elipse.

hopefully so experimental setups like Neccoz can go out the window
    Yeah, let's all have the same setup and be cookie cutters. It's bad to have experimental setups and try things, the game should only have one breed, one prof, and one set of armor. You realize the best adv of Rimor has tried NR8, has tried Ranged+Melee setup, and even considered having a 1hb weapon in offhand.

ya its ok to use Bow and kite ppl only using AS!!
    You have no clue, once again. Ranged doesn't ONLY have AS.

and ya if you want go NR!
    Why not? If you want to, it wouldn't be the first time.

lol its a /fail way of pvping in my eyes
    Dying endlessly to kiting agents and crats and fixers and and and... That is a /fail. Thank god, I don't experience that.

This made my day tho.
    Well, Ange has more skill than you'll ever have. If you want to prove me wrong, feel free.

Individual posting on forums that only 1 person can beat him, heh.
    A lot of people can and actually did beat me. But the only MA who can do it regularly is Ange. It's a matter of fact. Non-Discussable.
    Damn nazis

Actions that decrease overall effectiveness in certain category are considered as futile.
    Wrong! You like to give nice old stuff as examples. Well, I'll do historical stuff too. Ever heard of Amazon? They used to cut one of their breasts, because it allowed them to hold a Bow around themselve. It nerfed their overall effectiveness, as women, and it boosted a single part of what they were able to do. HOLDING A BOW AROUND THEMSELVE. Not use it better, just hold it. I think this example proves your 'statement' wrong. However, to sum it up, to specialize, one usually favors one skill while decreasing his abilities in the others. Yet, he becomes better at what he does. Well, that's what I did. So it's hardly futile, I think this setup is the most suitable for nowaday's mass pvp, and I doubt even Ange who's the best out here (On Rimor) will say otherwise.

And yet you expect me to respect Neccoz? why cuz she gave up and went with this /fail setup? i get how annoying it is to be a MA in NW and be rooted all the time w/uwos down and we have our problems in mass pvp, thats obvious.. as it stands MA's are best suited for duel's since our toolset consists of a buncha one time tricks.. But like i've already said many times, Neccoz didn't have the idea to be a 220/30 nr only ranged MA when she rolled him she got to that level got tired of pvping w/current mechanics so she built her MA to just be another annoying kiting Agent/Fixer wannabe..
    I didn't give up, I stopped having fun. It's a game, I play game to have fun. Playing a game any other way is silly.

What allows you to say the setup is a /fail? What valid facts do your base your opinion on? So far, it's all hate and big words. Nothing valid though.

How do you know what was on my mind? Or better yet, what allows you to pretend knowing what was on my mind? Since it's actually all wrong.

A question, since it seems to be your main argument, I didn't plan to be a NR8 ranged MA (in fact there was no NR8, so it would have been hard ) when I built my MA. When you created yours, did you plan on using two swaps, sharp object and special arrows? I doubt it, mostly because most of those weren't in game when you started AO. Or so I would hope, Alb arrows aren't really that old.

I never got tired of PvPing. I am a Warleader (For those who like to jump on that word, it's not a way of showing off, it's just the more suited name. I lead wars. Nothing to be proud of, so don't jump on it, It's no showoff.), and Clans were taking all towers when I came back and went ranged, so I have never gotten tired of PvP. So yet again, don't talk about things you don't know.

And as for another comment you said, no, I didn't do that because I sucked as a melee lmao. I was actually not too bad, but I'm nobody to judge on my own skills. So ask the good MAs what they thought of me back then.
    Damn nazis

lol i know you didnt plan on being a NR8 100% ranged MA when you rolled him, i was asking you that with just a lil bit of sarcasm.. c'mon, and as for why you are in that setup, did i not already say you are in that setup because you got tired of ma's current mass pvp problems which is getting rooted and having very little to do about it after uwos is down.. etc etc and the sync problems and how melee isnt as efficient as ranged in mass.. pretty sure i've already been over that but thanks for atleast letting me know i was right with those assumptions, i mean its not like there are many other reasons you'd be setup the way you are.

and why even say "i'm ranged because i like it, or i wouldnt be ranged" lol orly? ok.. lol well if i havent made this clear by now let me say it very simply.. OFCOURSE you like being NR8 completely unrootable/snarable/drainable and then in full top notch setup? all css/+Def gear etc etc and if your at all experienced and know how to properly strafe run etc then slap on a AS gun and ooooph, your good to go! lol ofcourse with top notch evades and knowledge on kiting etc annnnnnnnnnnnyone can do good with your setup and i'm sure it is super uber fun lol i never was hatin on you for usin it or tryin it or anything like that.. i just think its funny a MA would stoop to such a low level just to get some kills and be 100% pvp, then i thought it was funny this crattey guy was sayin ranged ma's could be good for somethin else besides pvp like in pvm etc and i laughed because this whole setup idea of yours is strictly to abuse the sync problems and hug AS and thats obvious. anyways..

"what allows you to say "that's for sure" especially considering you're wrong? I went ranged because I was about to leave AO. In fact I let my account close. I came back only because it seemed fun. Ranged was the only thing that could make me come back. When you have no clue, please do not comment."
    lol.. i said that's for sure after saying you didnt go 100% ranged for the pvm damage.. and again.. that is.. for sure.

"Have I stated that? I don't think so. I have, never, in my entire life, told anyone that ranged was the meant way of playing an MA"
    Hm.. ok, did i ever say you or anyone else said that? no. was stating an opinion, that Ma's should not be 100% ranged.. and to try and play it off like going NR8 100% ranged is even a decent option is just funny to me cuz its like i've said 10 times imo a /fail way of playing and i see it as giving up playing as a real MA.

"No, it is not. I went ranged MAINLY because of Sync, and because I was tired of being kited by everyone and their mother. Guess what, you can't kite a ranged MA. Not the way you can kite a melee MA at least, you can still run all over a zone untill MR recharges though, but you can't run in circle and spam O. Because I will hit wherever you are in your elipse."
    lol.. i'm really glad you said this, because before you did i had only assumed you went ranged for AS/Sync problems, so thats funny.. and the fact you have the balls to say "i didnt give up, going NR8 max def setup and kiting everyone and THEIR grandma is just moar fun" lol ya, i play the game to have fun to but i like PVP.. player vs player, and to me pvp is most fun when the fight is most fair and balanced.. i would have NO fun if i was just some overpowered toon who dominated ppl without having to use any skill, because thats another thing that allows me to have fun in a mmo, the requirement of skill... see if i wanted to just look at visuals all day long and play lil games that required no thinking or skill i wouldnt be pvping other ppl in a mmorpg, so in my eyes going NR8 so you cant be rooted/drained or anything in full def setup knowing how to properly strafe run and kite and using AS and what Fling? i saw you were tryin to give me sh!t cuz i said you only use AS.. what else you use reg hits and fling? owow.. so regardless i see that as a /fail way of playing i know you understand the mechanics and have tried to create a setup to manipulate AO's flaws best to your favor and thats great, have at it and have fun with it.. never said i think you should GO BACK MELEE.. never said i care about what setup you try or what you do with your MA, never have i even said that your trying to get anyone to be like your or try what your trying.. i cant help it mate, i think about a 220/30 MA with all endgame equip that has gone completely ranged? only uses a bow and is completely NR setup so all your theoretically capable of doing is kiting and using ur AS/arrows and lil specials, that to me isn't how Ma's should be played its just like you said a way to survive in NW and not deal with the roots, you got fed up of playing as a melee MA.. and so you went with the exact opposite playstyle.. haven't i already said this? oh.. and you cant kite a ranged MA? cool? i dont know many kiters who kite other ranged people..

when you say dont talk about things you dont know, 2012, religion, stocks, really anything.. people talk about things they dont know all day long everyday.. they are merely stating their take on things and opinion of things to be as they know.

oh and PS.. stop taking every single post i've said in here and reply to it as if i was talking to you.. thats kinda annoying.
    Last edited by Shookwon; Nov 16th, 2009 at 03:25:12.

My PVP Videos - EU
    My PVP Videos - US
    Alts..
    216/11/60 Advy
    170/6/42 NanoTech

BUMP THIS..
    Angelic Retribution

I got to agree with Neccoz on this Shook in some regards. We play this for fun, he plays a setup that isn't cookie cutter, he hasn't advertised it to make it mainstream, and he does what he enjoys. That is why we play the game, to enjoy it ourselves.

On the other end, I think you probably have it wrong. I went to cameloot once and I don't remember Neccoz running. He was actually up their with the other omni and I didn't remember him just spamming AS and kiting.

On the last part, you got some good points. I know you aren't a fan of ranged MA, not a fan of us being anything but fist PVP / Shen PVM. That is great, and you stick by the roots of which MA was laid down on...but bow is an interesting concept and I think some MAs don't want to be traditional...we are a profession of few tricks and heavy crits.

On a side note: I like that you are getting active and caring about MAs Shook, but talk to Ange sometime. He is a down to earth kid, and one of the best MAs hands down. He knows his profession, and doesn't complain about Neccoz or about people who kite. He does what he can, and lets his action speak. You are a great MA too, don't take everything so personal partner.

Have a great day, and try not to get this thread locked, please...
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast