Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CB rework.

CB rework.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=565702
    Everyone is crying that it is op debuff and yes, it is. -3K NR debuff in few sec it is really madness.

Docs can land malpV,all ubts,trader can ista drain you,...everything will lands.

Why are we using it?
    We are using it, coz:
    A)we like 100% chance that our nuke lands, coz if it doesnt land we have problem(we can do nothing while we are waiting for recharge, we can only run).
    B)we want to land our perks.

add B)When FC is removing aad check in perks( it is nr+aad) and after patch it should be pure attack skill(MC,..) vs pure NR.
    So we should land our perks on everyone who didnt perk notum repulsor without using CB as first.
    In this game is only a few professions which can get high NR and it is Enforcer, MA, NT,MP
    Others like fixers,agents can get high nr only if they perk NR1 or even 2+.

I think the best way is making this nuke:
    a)non- stackable, only one debuff and not -3K, lower nr debuff( It is for NTs that they land nukes and not for others who can spam their debuffs without hard work on their nanoskill setup)

b)how much nanoresist it debuffs it will depends:
    I. what profession is our target

II. if our target perked notum repulsor(if they perk NR8 than we can debuff them -27K nanoresist)-this point requests something like 100%attack skill(MC) vs (1%NR or 50% some nanoskill-like remodulator for engis).

III.if target=mob -(3-5K) NR instacast

So NR8 couldnt be "Iwin" against NTs who can use only nukes. No,hotswapping AS weap will be bad after AS nerf, so no, I dont get it.

This change should help NTs and only NTs with landing their nukes and stuff, it couldnt be spammable so NT can get you to min.1000-1500nr and never -2K nr. It should helps in pvm, fast and easy nr debuff. Ignoring joke like notum repulsor8.

If you want to add something, go ahead.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Dec 1st, 2009 at 00:43:42.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

for the most part i agree with you here.

the big part that i strongly disagree with you is the -27k on NR8 people, And this is becuase the people that train NR8 make HUGE HUGE sacrifices to train that line, as in lost alot of defence and offence and in most cases lose alot of their toolset to get that kinda NR. If u allow NTs to simply insta strip that away then there is simply nothing to gain for that line against NTs. so they would have no NR from that line and no defence/offence for not being able to cast their nanos.

rest is in agreeance, -27k on NR8 is a big no
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post

the big part that i strongly disagree with you is the -27k on NR8 people, And this is becuase the people that train NR8 make HUGE HUGE sacrifices to train that line, as in lost alot of defence and offence and in most cases lose alot of their toolset to get that kinda NR. If u allow NTs to simply insta strip that away then there is simply nothing to gain for that line against NTs. so they would have no NR from that line and no defence/offence for not being able to cast their nanos.

I'd agree, if I had a +30k evade line I could train, at the cost of nerfing all my weapon skills. Or something.

Especially with the new perk reset NPC, where none casters can quite easily buff up, reperk and be good to splat nano casters with impunity for a number of hours.

They do it, too. Including people who buff up, -bank- 8 perks, challenge someone to a duel, cast stuff to prove they're not NR8, then as duel starts, they drop the perks in.

If people want to train 8 perks to lol @ casters, then training those 8 perks should give a Mongo Rage style buff to NR, lots of NR, say 5k on top of their current NR, for a duration of 15-30s or something, with an NSD for the duration of it as well. Make perking the whole line out give no more than 500-1500 NR total, with some small resists and lessen the nanoskill debuffs.

As it is now, is ridiculous.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ye gods, here we go again with the mythical NR8 toons that rush the BS in dozens.

--CM Howlin
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Ye gods, here we go again with the mythical NR8 toons that rush the BS in dozens.

--CM Howlin
    Who said anything about BS?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

NR8 needs nerf too. You are shade and probably MR shade. So you dont lose so much.
    Only few people can train nr8 and they can be fine and shade fits here.
    As Hacre said you can do perk reset and perk nr8 before duel countdown. I know it, coz it happened me and I stoped dueling with people who can perk this crazy line.
    If you want to be immune against ubts,drains, etc. ok but in this case NTs needs special nukes against these NR1-8 toons. Something like GA nuke, so you cant sit near NT with flag and laught him if he tries land nukes on 27K nanoresist toon.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Dec 1st, 2009 at 08:49:15.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    NR8 needs nerf too. You are shade and probably MR shade. So you dont lose so much.
    As Hacre said you can do perk reset and perk nr8 before duel countdown. I know it, coz it happened me and I stoped dueling with people who can perk this crazy line.
    If you want to be immune against ubts,drains, etc. ok but in this case NTs needs special nukes against these NR1-8 toons. Something like GA nuke, so you cant sit against NT with flag and laught him if he tries land nukes on 27K nanoresist toon.
    nr8 shades do lose a huge amount dunno wtf you are talking about. nr8 = no buffs hence low run speed, low AR, low evades, no casting SHD. So any nr8 shade is gonna get splatted pretty damn quick by any other prof.

And as for duels... if someone wants to spend 20m just to beat you... then lol. Also I think you might be able to just kite away and not be killed yourself as a NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Who said anything about BS?
    Ye gods here we go again with dueling and how every atrox toons pays 20m so he can once kill a NT...
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    Ye gods here we go again with dueling and how every atrox toons pays 20m so he can once kill a NT...
    We dont speak about duels,bs,city pvp.
    I gave you idea how CB should work in pvp and in pvm.

I rather make new thread about NR8 is OP. and there you can show us again your weak knowledge in AO pvp and game mechanic.

New thread coming SOON(tm)

Use an AS pistol, NTs are supposed to use it, to deal with NR8 perked toons.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

I'd agree, if I had a +30k evade line I could train, at the cost of nerfing all my weapon skills. Or something.
    Except, of course, nothing would be lost by NTs because they don't use weapons. On the other hand, everyone uses nanos and being immune to the effects of nanos is a reasonable tradeoff for not being able to cast any.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Each time you put a perk in Notum repulsor your NCU window should be wiped clean.

make it an in built self only pulse thing so every so often depending on how far perked your own ncu gets wiped as you repulse the notum (not the special buffs or flags from HI or 12-man but all player buffs). 1 perk = 4 hour, 2 = 2hr, 3= 1hr, 4= 45min, 5= 30 minutes, 6= 20minutes, 7 = 10minutes, 8 = 5 minutes

so more perks you put in, less nano technology you can utilized (even from outside sources)

Sounds good to me, u can have the 30k line but u keep the nano crippling effects the same as NR8, and this line is NT only btw. HF with that pvp

If you want to be immune against ubts,drains, etc. ok but in this case NTs needs special nukes against these NR1-8 toons. Something like GA nuke, so you cant sit near NT with flag and laught him if he tries land nukes on 27K nanoresist toon.
    yeah im a MR shade, but im not NR8. none of my toons are. i just think that if ur gonna sacrifice ur nano casting abilities to train this line + use 8 perk points, it shouldnt be instanulled by 1 cast of an NT.

Especially with the new perk reset NPC, where none casters can quite easily buff up, reperk and be good to splat nano casters with impunity for a number of hours.

They do it, too. Including people who buff up, -bank- 8 perks, challenge someone to a duel, cast stuff to prove they're not NR8, then as duel starts, they drop the perks in.

If people want to train 8 perks to lol @ casters, then training those 8 perks should give a Mongo Rage style buff to NR, lots of NR, say 5k on top of their current NR, for a duration of 15-30s or something, with an NSD for the duration of it as well. Make perking the whole line out give no more than 500-1500 NR total, with some small resists and lessen the nanoskill debuffs.

As it is now, is ridiculous.
    Its splashed around all over the place on threads by ppl asking for triple/double/CB to be nerfed, and there is always some NT that goes "zomg just perk NR8 and nt cant do **** to u" then when people do, they start threads with suggestions like this saying "omg nr8 is retarded and should be nerfed or be a way for us to bypass it"

Leave nr8 as is, and again im for the other changes bar the nr8 instastrip one
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 13:01:56.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

Imo, if Means got his priorities right, a completely reworked Notum Repulsor perkline will be one of the main changes in the upcoming General Perks pdf.
    I can't think of a single reason why rebalancing would keep untouched a perkline that provides complete immunity to nanos, in particular since in most case you really don't lose anything more after the 3rd perk (apart the use of grafts I guess) and that its weapon-based counterpart doesn't exist. We'll have to wait for the pdf to have solid stuff we can throw at each other's face.

In the midtime, and given we had no information about the nano and item changes yet, my proposal would be different. Taking both our pros and our opponents’ cons in consideration, as well as the informations we got so far in particular about the new mechanics on NR checking perks, I thought about a middle way.

Duration 30 seconds (divided by 2)
    Attack time : 3.19s (capped at 1s)
    Recharge time : 2s (slightly longer recharge)
    Range : 20 m (twice the nowadays range)
    Stacking order 53
    Defense skills : Nano resist 75 % (20% higher than today)
    Attack skills Matter creation 50 % and Psychological modifications 50 %

Effects
    On Use Target : Hit Health Radiation -2150 .. -2150

Constant Barrage 1 :
    - 20% of modified NR (modified being as opposed to base skill, opponent is left with 80%)
    - 20% of Snare/Root Resistance
    - 20% of Blind resistance
    - 20% of Calm/Stun resistance

Constant Barrage 2:
    -10% of modified NR (opponent is left with 72%)
    - 15% of Snare/Root Resistance (for a total of -35%)
    - 15% of Blind resistance (for a total of -35%)
    - 15% of Calm/Stun resistance (for a total of -35%)

Constant Barrage 3 :
    -10% of modified NR (opponent is left with 65%)
    - 15% of Snare/Root Resistance (for a total of -50%)
    - 15% of Blind resistance (for a total of -50%)
    - 15% of Calm/Stun resistance (for a total of -50%)

Virus Scanner and Battle Virus Scanner would reduce the duration like they do on other debuffs.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

yeah im a MR shade, but im not NR8. none of my toons are. i just think that if ur gonna sacrifice ur nano casting abilities to train this line + use 8 perk points, it shouldnt be instanulled by 1 cast of an NT.
    Nor should my entire toolset by instanulled by someone spending 5-8 perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Imo, if Means got his priorities right, a completely reworked Notum Repulsor perkline will be one of the main changes in the upcoming General Perks pdf.
    I can't think of a single reason why rebalancing would keep untouched a perkline that provides complete immunity to nanos, in particular since in most case you really don't lose anything more after the 3rd perk (apart the use of grafts I guess) and that its weapon-based counterpart doesn't exist. We'll have to wait for the pdf to have solid stuff we can throw at each other's face.

In the midtime, and given we had no information about the nano and item changes yet, my proposal would be different. Taking both our pros and our opponents’ cons in consideration, as well as the informations we got so far in particular about the new mechanics on NR checking perks, I thought about a middle way.

Duration 30 seconds (divided by 2)
    Attack time : 3.19s (capped at 1s)
    Recharge time : 2s (slightly longer recharge)
    Range : 20 m (twice the nowadays range)
    Stacking order 53
    Defense skills : Nano resist 75 % (20% higher than today)
    Attack skills Matter creation 50 % and Psychological modifications 50 %

Effects
    On Use Target : Hit Health Radiation -2150 .. -2150

Constant Barrage 1 :
    - 20% of modified NR (modified being as opposed to base skill, opponent is left with 80%)
    - 20% of Snare/Root Resistance
    - 20% of Blind resistance
    - 20% of Calm/Stun resistance

Constant Barrage 2:
    -10% of modified NR (opponent is left with 72%)
    - 15% of Snare/Root Resistance (for a total of -35%)
    - 15% of Blind resistance (for a total of -35%)
    - 15% of Calm/Stun resistance (for a total of -35%)

Constant Barrage 3 :
    -10% of modified NR (opponent is left with 65%)
    - 15% of Snare/Root Resistance (for a total of -50%)
    - 15% of Blind resistance (for a total of -50%)
    - 15% of Calm/Stun resistance (for a total of -50%)

Virus Scanner and Battle Virus Scanner would reduce the duration like they do on other debuffs.
    Nice ideas, but too many nerfs.

Removable by VS is good, all debuffs should be that way.

Since it's debuffing far less NR, then the check should either remain the same as it is today, or be changed to 100% MC.
    Last edited by Hacre; Dec 2nd, 2009 at 15:50:16.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Nor should my entire toolset by instanulled by someone spending 5-8 perks.

Nice ideas, but too many nerfs.

Removable by VS is good, all debuffs should be that way.

Since it's debuffing far less NR, then the check should either remain the same as it is today, or be changed to 100% MC.
    im gonna be as helpful as others that say "perk NR8 and NTs cant touch u". Run away. get GSF and leave them.

or play another toon. If these NR8 toons are so common and they are a game breaker then dont play your NT and you will find that u have no problems with people that are NR8 perked.

If you wanna make it so that NTs can instanull an NR8 toon, then give fixers a nano that instanull all NT doubles/triples.

Personally, i think the NR line should have the debuff taken off of it. It's already enough of a sacrifice to find X extra perks to get NRX for lots of profs.

As for CB rework, it shouldn't stack, or to be more precise, there shouldn't be CB 2 and CB 3 debuffs when CB is cast multiple times on someone. That's enough of a fix IMO.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Personally, i think the NR line should have the debuff taken off of it. It's already enough of a sacrifice to find X extra perks to get NRX for lots of profs.

As for CB rework, it shouldn't stack, or to be more precise, there shouldn't be CB 2 and CB 3 debuffs when CB is cast multiple times on someone. That's enough of a fix IMO.
    You're actually serious? 8 perks for 20k nano resist and 100% resist to most things, for nothing other than the cost of 8 perks??

I wouldn't be able to get to the perk reset guy fast enough.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post

Errr... no. If the debuff were taken off the NR line I would find perks to stick in there to at least nr3 on all my toons and that's pretty lame if playing as a caster prof. NR line is actually pretty balanced, the highest most profs can go is NR1 anyway without gimping themselves to oblivion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast