Thread: Advy Morphs/Nanos

Advy Morphs/Nanos

As FC is going to work on the Nanos now I think it is a good time to give some input to the advy morphs. I'm considering this as balance effort and not as a game suggestion.
    Even if it is a kind of both.
    If moderators think that this doesn't belong to here please feel free to move.

I'm aware that a lot of ppl think that advies are overpowered atm and I kind of agree there even when having a ranged adv myself. (my first toon which always was ranged)

Still I think that morphs should offer a lot more different possibilities. Not making them overpowered but fitting them better in the different situations.
    So we don't always run around in wolf.

Lets have a look at the diffrent morphs...

parrot
    pretty much fine as it is. A fast way to travel and some evades. Nothing to add there.

wolf
    To overpowered as it is IMO. Damage on this Morph should be reduced. I see this as the fast, agile morph.
    Should be made to evade hits and move around fast but not doing lots of DD.
    Also kind of a Support Morph by offering additional evades and dmg to the Team.

sabretooth
    This morph got no use anymore as DD from Wolf is better. I would up the DD on this morph to make it the ultimate PVM DD solution.
    Not as fast and agile as wolf but a lot more DD potential.
    Maybe add more DMG and up crit change and workout something with the Frenzy of Fur. Maybe make Frenzy of Fur something like wolfaura

pit lizard
    The tank morph. HP mod is very OK but the nukes and kin of tarasque should be reworked.

Remove the lookout from those nanos and add taunts to them. Maybe leave a short lookout on kin of tarasque tho.
    The adv could become a little enfo but ofc not as good as a real enfo. With the nukes we get single tauns and even area taunts. If Nanodmg should be an issue reduce DMG on the nukes and add a taunt.

leet
    Should advs get AS in PVM? It seems so... please add phat more concealment to it :P
    Maybe an AS mod and some evades as something that is so cute... erm small is hard to hit.

guardian
    The support morph.
    This morph is already pretty nice but as you are rooted to the ground I rarely see it used. Might replace the root with a snare so we can at least move slowly.
    Nice option would be to make CH insta castable when in tree form aka remove the fixed 6s casttime. Not sure how good this is possible tho.

thoughts?

cheers
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Not bad suggestions.

What id like to add is giving option to TURN OFF VISUALLY MORPHS. Tired of watching that same old ugly dog for years.

sabretooth vs a wolf? id pick the cat 9 out of 10 times :P

good ideas tho
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

your looking at it the wrong way, dont make it so you can turn off morph, make it so you can give it its own social window, who wouldn't want to see a giant cat in a suit... could call him fatcat

I kinda agree that there should be a nano in general store that lets you return your shape back to normal even I like the morph social tab idea

Looking forward to see some of the bigger picture of the nano changes. Hopefully soon?

Advisor of Vox Populi

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    your looking at it the wrong way, dont make it so you can turn off morph, make it so you can give it its own social window, who wouldn't want to see a giant cat in a suit... could call him fatcat
    Just look! at his shiny phats
    He is! Pwnzor all the rest
    He's the top... toooppp cat!
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Or new morph meshes.

random morphs... it rolls everytime you cast a morph and you get a random shape

some input on the primary topic would be nice... like how could we improve the morphs so we don't always use wolf.

Don't get me wrong I like the wolf mods but I would prefer if there would be some other "really" usefull morphs.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Morphs really should be changed to actually have more of an impact vs one size fits all currently.

I would like advs to actually have to swap morphs infight as a fight progresses, toggling through the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I would like advs to actually have to swap morphs infight as a fight progresses, toggling through the advantages and disadvantages of each one.
    Yeah this! How about lowering the cast time aswell.
    I also think the morph models need an upgrade, maybe have an option so they will work like shadow breeds where the model change only last 2-3 secs after you cast it.
    So it would be more like calling upon the powers of these animals rather then becoming them

I completely disagree with being able to disable any clue of what morph we're in. I think the meshes and animations (esp. sabre) need updated, and there needs to be a size adjustment, all of them cut to half the size would be nice; but to disable it all together, you're taking away some of the tactical aspect of the game.

I think wolf is fine, obviously the most balanced, effective morph. It may feel OP to ranged adv's but it fits just right into the toolset of melee. (you know, the real adv's )

Since the animation on Sabre was cut in half, i feel like I'm hitting very slow when i use it now, and as it's been mentioned the only benefit would be the use of Frenzy, which doesn't last quite long enough to take the defensive hit from not using wolf. Also, who ever said a CAT isn't fast and agile, get real. This morph should be comparable to Wolf, only swap defensive for Offensive mods....in fact let's lose Frenzy all together and replace it with fresh static mods (Some +dmg, more AAO +crit) to bring it up to par as Wolf's counterpart.

Leet, this is where miracles could happen. double the conceal, add half the run speed of Wolf, then make a pvp version that looks like Shadowleet, and give it a mix of Wolf, and Sabre mods, and add a nano regain and heal modifier, all slight mods! nothing to OP it, but to make more useful in support situations...yay!

Dragon, get rid of the nukes all together imo, we're adv's we should not be using such things. Make KoT into an Aura, and call it a day.

Tree, love it how it is, needs very little, and a walking tree doesn't make much sense to me. imo the best mod, if any to add would be some reflect/absorb help. and boost the team benefits a bit to help nano regain.

Parrot, it is what it is, a Yalm with feathers.

1 last note, make Cold Blooded work on ALL morphs!
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

would be NICE to be able to cast Cold Blooded on others as well. nobody likes 10 Bor afk'rs ninja'd into huge freakin annoying dragons except the 15 year old that did it ><
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    I completely disagree with being able to disable any clue of what morph we're in. I think the meshes and animations (esp. sabre) need updated, and there needs to be a size adjustment, all of them cut to half the size would be nice; but to disable it all together, you're taking away some of the tactical aspect of the game.

I think wolf is fine, obviously the most balanced, effective morph. It may feel OP to ranged adv's but it fits just right into the toolset of melee. (you know, the real adv's )

Since the animation on Sabre was cut in half, i feel like I'm hitting very slow when i use it now, and as it's been mentioned the only benefit would be the use of Frenzy, which doesn't last quite long enough to take the defensive hit from not using wolf. Also, who ever said a CAT isn't fast and agile, get real. This morph should be comparable to Wolf, only swap defensive for Offensive mods....in fact let's lose Frenzy all together and replace it with fresh static mods (Some +dmg, more AAO +crit) to bring it up to par as Wolf's counterpart.

Leet, this is where miracles could happen. double the conceal, add half the run speed of Wolf, then make a pvp version that looks like Shadowleet, and give it a mix of Wolf, and Sabre mods, and add a nano regain and heal modifier, all slight mods! nothing to OP it, but to make more useful in support situations...yay!

Dragon, get rid of the nukes all together imo, we're adv's we should not be using such things. Make KoT into an Aura, and call it a day.

Tree, love it how it is, needs very little, and a walking tree doesn't make much sense to me. imo the best mod, if any to add would be some reflect/absorb help. and boost the team benefits a bit to help nano regain.

Parrot, it is what it is, a Yalm with feathers.

1 last note, make Cold Blooded work on ALL morphs!
    I totally agree with this...frub
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL