Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreadloch modified JEPP please!

Dreadloch modified JEPP please!

Please either make a new full auto pistol or make Jobe Explorer personal pistol upgradable.
    A nice and shiny D-Jepp would be sweet.
    Most important this pistol needs a BIGGER clip. The small clipsize on jepp is driving me crazy. So much reloading before every FA its crazy.

60 clip mag, 2000-2600mbs and up the base damage a bit.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by oldschools View Post
    TBH I doubt we'd get all that (tho I'd like it ) even if an improved JEPP was on the cards (If it is, can one of the professionals get some news please?). What I'd think we might get is a 15-20 round clip, MBS going out to maybe 2500, and damage remaining as it is now.

Personally I'd say doing another dreadlloch weapon is a bit too hit and miss to farm one, I'd prefer an upgrade for the existing JEPP...

1st upgrade (Crude Upgrade Kit) - extending clip size to 15.
    2nd upgrade (DB notum infuser) - range increase to 25m to match kyro pistols, max beneficial skill to 1500
    3rd upgrade (DB notum infuser) - max beneficial skill to 2000.
    4th upgrade (DB notum infuser) - extend clip size to 20.
    5th upgrade (DB notum infuser) - range increase to 30m to match Twitch pistol.
    6th upgrade (DB notum infuser) - max beneficial skill to 2500.
    7th upgrade (Xan Weapon Upgrade) - rated damage increase to 250-350 (250), extend clip size to 25.
    Ephrak : lvl 220 / AI 15 trox keeper, RK1
    Spongefix : lvl 220 / AI 13 trox fixer, RK1
    Tradersponge : lvl 220 / AI 15 trox tradeskiller trader, RK1
    Docsponge : lvl 220 / AI 6 soli doc, RK1
    Gruntsponge : lvl 220 / AI something soli sold, RK1
    Cratsponge : lvl 218 / AI 17 soli crat, RK1
    Hadrak : 216 / AI 14 trox NT, RK1
    Garakk : 200 / AI 10 trox 2hb enfo, RK1
    Drennik : 181 / AI 12 trox ranged adv, RK1

Please either make a new full auto pistol or make Jobe Explorer personal pistol upgradable.
    Most important this pistol needs a BIGGER clip. The small clipsize on jepp is driving me crazy. So much reloading before every FA its crazy.

Larger clipsize? wtf....FA game mechanic is that it unloads the clip...

No matter what the clipsize is every time you FA its gonna empty it....that wouldnt help anything cause FA is gonna cap more often than not, except the fact it would garuntee a cap. That's just ridiculous.

I wouldnt mind an upgrade though, for pve that is. Our AS pistol is good enough for pvp.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

If you'd play a ranged adv, you'd now that you pretty much need to reload BEFORE each FA, if you would want it to hit with 10 bullets, instead of the 7-8 bullets you would have left in clip after the last reload done after the last FA.

With a bigger clip you could hit FA, autoreload, pew pew pew and still hit another capping FA.

Bigger clip= one less reload per FA and more then likely a 15k FA instead of a 12-13k one.

A higher MBS would make the regular hits alot more onpar with the other pistol your wearing too.

I'm personally not really concerned about a endgame pvm pistol, just saying.
    Game Suggestion:Make TL7 more then just a rush to 215+. Lower Profession Nanodeck levelreq down from 215+ to the level you can do the quest, 205+.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=566563

MBS would help yes..

I just dont understand how making the clip larger would help its not like pressing "V" when you have 2 secs left on FA is an issue.
    _thespoon_
    adv19x1x4x
    _hateful_
    nt1651749

Quote Originally Posted by Daspoon View Post
    MBS would help yes..

I just dont understand how making the clip larger would help its not like pressing "V" when you have 2 secs left on FA is an issue.
    Pressing V stops reg hits.

Reloading before every Fa and then after slows damage to a large extent. Without reloading before means smaller FA. With a larger magazine (NOT "clip"), it would allow reg hits AND a capping FA. 13-14 rounds per FA would allow PvM caps, so, 20 rounds per mag would allow reg hits and FA without a need to reload before FA.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallur View Post
    If you'd play a ranged adv, you'd now that you pretty much need to reload BEFORE each FA, if you would want it to hit with 10 bullets, instead of the 7-8 bullets you would have left in clip after the last reload done after the last FA.
    the remaining amount of bullets in clip has nothing to do with the amount of bullets shot in a FA, fex. u could do a 10 bullet FA with 1 bullet in clip so yah basically all u have been doing is wasting reg hits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    the remaining amount of bullets in clip has nothing to do with the amount of bullets shot in a FA, fex. u could do a 10 bullet FA with 1 bullet in clip so yah basically all u have been doing is wasting reg hits
    No, if you only have 1 bullet left in clip you will only do a 1bullet max FA.

ranged advy's asked for a jepp upgrade for years, but we got an AS pistol instead :P, so it seems devs dont really support FA for advy's.
    pvpers are happy but the pvmers feel a bit left behind.

i will ask for an improved jepp. i dont think it should be improved a lot though. little bit more clipsize and maybe a little weapon range increase would be nice already.
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post

ranged advy's asked for a jepp upgrade for years, but we got an AS pistol instead :P, so it seems devs dont really support FA for advy's.
    pvpers are happy but the pvmers feel a bit left behind.

i will ask for an improved jepp. i dont think it should be improved a lot though. little bit more clipsize and maybe a little weapon range increase would be nice already.
    TBH, i dont know you, and was a lil concerned about ur uber pvp rep...but I think u'll do
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I would rather see AS working without conceal in PvM effectively enough to be able to reset FA.

Didn't even had the IP to max it already, and we will prolly end up having to max nanopool after rebalance.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Granted when you're leveling an advy you're bound to go insane with pressing V key over and over again. It's not so bad after you reach 10k+ damage with 7-8 bullets. Still, the lost DDing time while reloading is an issue and also my V key being totally worn out combined with an obsessive compulsive disorder that makes me keep mashing the V key over and over...

Anyway, anything over 15 bullet clip is going to be pretty much wasted, you're gonna hit for 12 bullets which might or might not cap FA in PvM but the difference is so small to be negligible at that point. Of course the base damage of the hypothetical improved JEPP would have to be considered when making these assumptions too, but as long as it's at least the same as currently then the above stands.

Arguably the greatest boost to JEPP effectiviness came when they got rid of the 3% base miss chance. As it was, every time you FA'd you had a 14% chance of hitting 5 bullets or less including a 3% chance of flat out hitting 0 bullets, regardless of the target's evades.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDdevil View Post
    oh yes, odd i could have sworn it it wasnt like this b4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Stabby View Post
    oh yes, odd i could have sworn it it wasnt like this b4
    Been like that at least since '06. It's probably only in your head?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Concider it done.
    We are extending acrobat line to lvl 10, unique for adventurers. It should be ready with the new pistol. We have a pistol ready containing FA/Burst/Fling to go with Troa'Ler Pistol. We have a bug with the new heal that should be out with the healnerf patch. It seem to be unnaffected by pvp rules.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

{edited by Anarrina: removed unnecessary comment}

Troa'Ler pistol got -2000 full auto skill on it.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 27th, 2009 at 07:16:45.
    Game Suggestion:Make TL7 more then just a rush to 215+. Lower Profession Nanodeck levelreq down from 215+ to the level you can do the quest, 205+.

The JEPP is fine as it is.

{removed}

Quote Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
    The JEPP is fine as it is.
    So was this game before they introduced SL. And AI. And LE. And LoX.

Even if you were talking about its looks, you would be wrong.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Dec 27th, 2009 at 07:18:06.

Ever since the JEPP was introduced, its performance has been improved through tweaks and items that were not specificly directed towards adventurers, and with the current state of ranged advs there are no justifiable reasons why advs should get a new Full Auto gun - other than the fact that it is old, and that's a pretty lame one.

Tweaks?

The pistol haven't been touched since it got introduced in 15.3.

Adventurers got 0 points of FA from SL-perks.
    Adventruers got 0 points of FA from AI-perks.
    Adventurers got 0 points of FA from nanos.
    Adventurers got 0 points of FA from research.
    Adventurers got 0 points of FA from adventurer-specific armor.
    Adventurers got 0 points of FA from adventurer-specific utils.

Every other profession having FA in their toolset got all of the above. Including new and better FA-weapons each expansion and booster. Fixers didnt even have support for it in the first place, and got both the above and new weapons.

"With the current state...". What have changed for ranged advs in pvm? Cause regardless how you look at it, a new JEPP will only be worthwhile in PvM. Besides for those we can kill wielding a chair allready. And the difference would be around 2.5k more dmg per FA (in pvm). And one less reload per cycle.

And since you obviously missed the coming changes; "the current state of ranged advs" aint exactly the scenario this improved JEPP would be existing in.

Your list is all nice and fine, but I'll quote myself so maybe you'll notice what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoMorph View Post
    Ever since the JEPP was introduced, its performance has been improved through tweaks and items that were not specificly directed towards adventurers
    I'm gonna leave it at that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast