Thread: Instanced citys

Instanced citys

I have a quick question,
    I set up an org and then made a few buildings HQ, EMC so forth, then entered the instance for the city plot.
    Nice drop ship design btw, anyways I noticed the cost was 192 million for the site and 46 mill per month upkeep with no buildings on them. Now if they follow the principle of playfield citys the rent increases with more buildings planted.
    So I am curious (( I have had several toons in orgs where citys where alot cheaper and more expensive rent and cost, so I have some knowledge as to the diffrent zones and costs)) if there all a set price and why so expensive considering you can't even sell anything to gain a profit back from selling loot or bots.

I guess I am confused to the cost because when I quit AO on my other account, I did own a city that was all ql 300 and was only 36m a month upkeep large plot and only cost me 150 to buy the land plot.

Any insight as to what I'm missing will be great.

Granted I will still be buying an instanced city plot it will be my very first and very own city I will have paid for and built myself, I was just very suprised at the cost.

I dont run an org. but i've seen the bot spam at the end of the upkeep cycle and our city ( instanced) costs around 46 mill in upkeep.
    We do however have lots of shiny buildings, so i dont think the cost will in fact increase with adding buildings.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

I seem to recall someone (most likely Means or Macrosun) explaining how the rent price of instanced cities is calculated, around the time whey went live, but I couldn't find the post.

I think it may have been in the "Update Forum" thread of the given update (18.1, I believe), that's why I couldn't find it, as I have no idea how to access those threads once they are off the main thread list...

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Cool,

I figured there may have been a reason, and I guess thats good news that instanced rent doesn't increase with buildings, unless they changed that for playfield zones aswell.

I'll have a re-dig I couldn't find hardly anything, I mean they cleaned the Cities & Aliens threads down to nothing hardly.

But I got my City plot last night, now I have HQ and EMC and grid, can't wait to use some of the 20k CRU I had collected over the past 2 years lol

Rent increases with some stuff, not sure what exactly or if all, but you can plant pretty much to instanced city and keep it below 50M still. I know that at least planting pile of trees, benches and lights added a bit to the rent.

As of monthly price, I personally think it is still cheap considering you can put every buffing building (Large HQ, Grid house, Notum Silo etc.) there, cloak and even some extra.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Heres another question on the subject of icities.

The drop rate is AWESOME on VBs, however, in almost 20 raids ive had around 5 vbs, one of which has been high enough to use in ql 300 ai armor.

I've had - 217 supple, 217 strong, 173 strong, 180ish enduring, 230 enduring so far.

Buildings I have are -

ql 300 large HQ
    grid exit
    SAT tower
    4 whompahs
    2 statues
    ql 300 mining ops

I remember when I was farming a normal city, I never got vbs under ql 230, now the highest I've managed to get IS 230. But that city had full bonuses, where my icity doesnt yet.

I know generals are supposed to drop items +/- 40% of their level or something, so a ql 227 gen SHOULD drop up to ql 280 vbs? I don't remember seeing any of the other items (comm relay, bio def shield, VTS) above about ql250.

Question is, does the number of buildings / features in an icity affect the level of the VBs? Or am I having really crappy luck with viralbot ql drops ?
    Last edited by Nilenev; Jan 29th, 2010 at 14:47:42. Reason: typos!
    Predator Nilenev Deathbane
    220/30/68 RK2 Adventurer of Komodo

Quote Originally Posted by Nilenev View Post
    Question is, does the number of buildings / features in an icity affect the level of the VBs? Or am I having really crappy luck with viralbot ql drops ?
    I believe its just been crappy luck
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Seems so, I added two buildings (Notum Silo + Swimming Pool) for extra bonuses, and got a ql 280 VTS drop (highest loot I've seen so far)

But yes, putting it down to crappy luck
    Predator Nilenev Deathbane
    220/30/68 RK2 Adventurer of Komodo

From what I've seen - city size doesn't affect droprate in any case - neither in amount of items, nor in their QL.

And, regarding upkeep, i've used to build every possible ql300 building in a number of cities myself, plus loads of decor, while it raised upkeep by a tinybit.
    Logic is simple - if you have around 46 mil to pay for upkeep per month, then you'll surely have an extra 1 mil above to pay for more buildings/decor in your city
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

How-To

I have a noob question. How does one go about setting up an instanced city. Who do you consult and where do you find the parts?

Quote Originally Posted by fortorn View Post
    I have a noob question. How does one go about setting up an instanced city. Who do you consult and where do you find the parts?
    You find out about the parts e.g. in this guide:
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...e&link=3&id=49

Take note of the tradeskills you will need. For example, for a QL300 building you will need a QL300 bio-material and 1350 in EE, 1050 in Pharma, 1200 in ME, 1500 in Comp.Lit, etc.

If you have built at least a HQ for your soon to be created city AND are member of an org that doesn't have a city already AND your rank in the org is high enough (President) then go to ICC and enter the door "Serenity Island". You will find a nice island with an empty city plot and a controller. Right-click the controller, buy the city, and plant your HQ (and other buildings).
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

or just send me a PM on the boards here. I have a few bags of the serum used to make buildings, and can tradeskill lots for you.

Building Cost depends the QL you want.

Still got buildings I can make..