Anarchy Online Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Anarchy Online Bulletin Board > Archives > Old AO Forums > Patch Archives > 18.3 Update Forum

Old Feb 25th, 2010, 09:28:07   #1
stormranger
BOFH

this would explain much

Recently Funcom was intending to revitalize the game using the same rendering technology that fuels Age of Conan, but the project was put on indefinite hold when the company came to realize how significant an undertaking it would wind up.

from

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cf...re/4042/page/2

*** Defence of Liberty ***
welcome to the neutrals
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 09:42:18   #2
Myreyliib
Leetas

...about mmorpg.com

Try reading post #34 in the comment section

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../270645/page/2
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 15:30:25   #3
Ciex
May the Sploitz be with u

The End is near!
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 15:42:18   #4
cbus97
Supa Leet

Who are you going to believe, a blogger who doesn't know the difference between OGRE and the Dreamworld engine, or the Funcom devs who personally post here on a regular basis?

That is, of course, unless they're all imposters from India!!!!1oneone
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 15:43:59   #5
Saetos
Retired Trader Proffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
That is, of course, unless they're all imposters from India!!!!1oneone
Zomg teh plot thickenz
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 15:49:42   #6
Tanana
Supa Leet

"Anarchy Online will always be remembered fondly by players who stuck with the game through its troubled start."

Made me laugh, saw a post the other day in which someone claimed that people can't review AO without bringing this up, 9 years later. Seems they are right!
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 15:57:42   #7
Ciex
May the Sploitz be with u

ZOMGZ imposters from India??? Awww, where is my Special Edition Tinfoil Protective Gear???
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 21:38:08   #8
Techmagos

from the article:

"For now, it seems that Anarchy Online is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows..."

Wow William Murphy, editor of the article, that's some great researching and fact checking skills you got there! It's like he overheard 2 people talking about AO who had never actually played the game themselves, and then decided to start writing.

After reading the rest of the article, i came to the conclusion the editor has no idea what he's talking about, and likely bases his comments on how much specific game developers kick back to him.

*For now, it seems that the United States is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that World of Warcraft is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that my career as a writer/editor is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

It works with almost anything!

rk1>rk2™
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 22:37:55   #9
Matammyr
Phear Leet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmagos View Post
from the article:

"For now, it seems that Anarchy Online is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows..."

Wow William Murphy, editor of the article, that's some great researching and fact checking skills you got there! It's like he overheard 2 people talking about AO who had never actually played the game themselves, and then decided to start writing.

After reading the rest of the article, i came to the conclusion the editor has no idea what he's talking about, and likely bases his comments on how much specific game developers kick back to him.

*For now, it seems that the United States is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that World of Warcraft is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

*For now, it seems that my career as a writer/editor is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...

It works with almost anything!
New game meme.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 04:40:37   #10
RedWatr
About to take yer cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myreyliib View Post
Try reading post #34 in the comment section

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../270645/page/2
nice save!
Giit 200/30 NM NT (when you see me... lol, ikr! you're blind)
Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (a very frustrating SMG Trader)
Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (the funnest toon I ever played, nothing even close)
Xerrrox 169 Opi Fix (GSF,NCU,FGRID,HOT)
Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (a brand new shiny baby engy! awwww)
Somethiing 199 Atrox Sold (weird evade mix of silly junk, shelved for now)
P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E
FFXIV 50WHM (hp/defense healer) Giit Paradisian
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 09:26:26   #11
Berim
AFK

Strange that the guys admits that he is wrong but still doesn't fix the overview...
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 13:05:16   #12
Rurounin
Experimental Leet

Check post #43, confirmation if it's the real Means or not? :P

Lovely short reply if it is ^^

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
Rafeg
[ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 17:12:54   #13
doctorpaul
Leetas

I doubt the new engine is really in progress. The movie and the "screenshots" with the new engine smells like "keep-paying-costumers-happy-propaganda"
The movie, screenshots and a few comments about "engine work is in progress" does not sound convincing at all. Especially if you realize the only true fact about the engine is the fact that the engine was announced only 2+years ago and nothing really happened. Get that sand out of your eyes guys, since 2+ years is a long time.
If anyone can prove me that something really happened, please redirect me to new engine-movies, a testserver with the engine running, etcetera. Redirecting to comments by means, playercomments, discussions about the engine is not valid - only directions to real work please.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 19:18:11   #14
agentgimpy
Supa Leet

*For now, it seems that my lunch is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 20:07:40   #15
Techmagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
I doubt the new engine is really in progress. The movie and the "screenshots" with the new engine smells like "keep-paying-costumers-happy-propaganda"
The movie, screenshots and a few comments about "engine work is in progress" does not sound convincing at all. Especially if you realize the only true fact about the engine is the fact that the engine was announced only 2+years ago and nothing really happened. Get that sand out of your eyes guys, since 2+ years is a long time.
If anyone can prove me that something really happened, please redirect me to new engine-movies, a testserver with the engine running, etcetera. Redirecting to comments by means, playercomments, discussions about the engine is not valid - only directions to real work please.
keep drinking that haterade, you will have something to wash down all that humble pie you are going to be eating.

rk1>rk2™
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 20:20:19   #16
Kintaii
Former Content Designer
Happy Fun Hat

Funcom employee

I have really gotta start incorporating "Haterade" into my vocabulary more often.
~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 20:31:02   #17
Graftmage
Shade Professional

Heckler!
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 21:10:06   #18
Essessceeaych
DoA Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
Fallen Earth = the new engine! This is proof! Devious, Funcom!
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 21:46:51   #19
Matammyr
Phear Leet

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
For now, it seems that your paranoid delusions are on their way toward purely historical status, but who knows.
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 21:51:29   #20
Klod9003
Soleet

IBTK is on its way toward purely historical status, but who knows...