Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Historic MP March - Pictures

Black Sunday - Pictures

Remember the MP event Black Sunday where we marched across Rubi-ka in protest? I have been meaning to show these here for a long time. The event and all the planning that went into it are amongst my favorite memories of old Rubi-ka. The date this happened (June 8 2003) eludes me at the moment, it was early on in the game's development, long before Shadowlands. In protest to the many things that were wrong with our class at the time we marched across the map. This isn't all the pictures, just a few select ones. I apologize if there is an easier way to put pic's up, I'm afraid I haven't used this forum in a few years.

TheDeacon

CZ

Staging area

In a desert

On a road

On a bridge

On the march
    Last edited by Faustuss; Mar 5th, 2010 at 05:35:22. Reason: Knew I was missing something, can't believe I forgot the name of the event.
    Sir, are you classified as Nanomage?

Negative, Im a notum popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Faustuss View Post
    Remember the MP event Black Sunday where we marched across Rubi-ka in protest? I have been meaning to show these here for a long time.
    That ain't no ****.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Awesome pics Funny to see some of those MPs made it to 220 hehe

amg froobs!

Nice to see Metaing in those pics xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Haha wow. Lower left corner, three of the founding members of my org Athen Paladins before it even existed. Chrisax the President, and Generals Weric and Lmnox. Looks like Chris hadn't even joined West Athen Rangers yet.. Ancient times!
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Mar 5th, 2010 at 11:56:24.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

One of the greatest events in my MP life. (I assume Metaing, MP professional at that time, remembers that very well too! )

So this was the Black Sunday March on June 8, 2003. The first and only mass public protest ever organized in AO (and maybe in any MMORPG???), to protest against the situation of the MP profession at that time: broken toolset, lack of good items and nanos, demons being too weak and making no sense for most of them compared to the Transcendent Enmity, ability to buff nanoskills nullified for the MPs themselves due to the requirement on MP nanos, pets nerfed in PvP more than one year before along with Curse of Chronos,... Read the posts by TheDeacon at that time.

This march took place on BOTH Rimor and Atlantean at the same time. We wanted to go from Hope (a symbol for what we expected) to Broken Shores (a symbol for the condition of our broken profession) or the opposite but finally we headed from Hope to ICC due to lower characters not being able to follow.

Cz (the forum person and community manager for FC at that time) logged on and said that was a long march indeed and that we please had to cancel all those pets in ICC because they were killing the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Haha wow. Lower left corner, three of the founding members of my org Athen Paladins before it even existed. Chrisax the President, and Generals Weric and Lmnox. Looks like Chris hadn't even joined West Athen Rangers yet.. Ancient times!
    Actually, at that time I had no org name above me because I left the West Athen Rangers two days before this public protest. The organization and the announcement of the Black Sunday was indirectly the reason why I had to leave W.A.R. because my attitude was not approved.

Athen Paladins was founded 2 days after the Black Sunday and is, somehow, born of the MP movement! : The rest is history.

Edit: a little note to remind you all of another event we made to stress the weaknesses of MPs: the MP-only Lord of the Void raid, or "how many MPs are needed to kill a Lord of the Void compared to other professions"
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...1&postcount=53 (note on MP heal pets, still valid at the moment)
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=422569 (full thread)
    Last edited by Chrisax; Mar 5th, 2010 at 16:56:45.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

actually there was another MP gathering and protest, not as big, but there were still like 30+ MPs there. think this was in 2006, screenies of it were on my old machine.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Hehe, yeah, I was with the 2nd protest, here are some screens of that:
    Jobe
    RBB
    ICC

Also, that MP-only LotV raid was awesome. I found some screenshots of that as well:
    One
    Two
    Seven

NICE! The mp only lotv raid looks really kick***! I can't imagine what LOTV must've been thinking when he was surrounded by demons and green monkeys, beating on him like he was the slow deer that deviated from the herd.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisax View Post
    One of the greatest events in my MP life. (I assume Metaing, MP professional at that time, remembers that very well too! )
    i dont recall metaing being professional way back then. Xtrem was still one of the profs back then best i can recall. trilic maybe the other.

i dont have as many sshots as i woulda liked for the rk2 black sunday, since i was the one leading the march.

hell.. i was the one who actually mapped the route both servers walked
    The Route on planetmap

the whole event took about 4-5 hours. and at least for me, there really wasnt much lag either, despite the huge train of MPs with pets. heh.. also need not forget, back then mez pets were very much lethal to the owner and team if they were used.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i dont recall metaing being professional way back then. Xtrem was still one of the profs back then best i can recall. trilic maybe the other.
    I think you're right. Metaing was there at the march but became a professional later. My bad.

Mazzarin: great pictures of our MP-only LoTV test raid. I guess my legs are visible on the first picture but I was the bait... uh puller for this raid, so I spent some time at the respawn tree.

Edit: fun fun, I didn't recall it was apraids (AP raid bot) we used. Thanks for posting that; I'll save the pictures. I wonder where own my archives are...
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Funcom employee

(I assume Metaing, MP professional at that time, remembers that very well too! )
    Oh yea, was a great great day as a MP, 5½ hour walk from Hope to ICC.

Including something like 40 Cacodemons trying to kill a MMD guard (took like 20 min)

Hypos had a great picture of me except i cant find it

(Became MP prof 8 months later)
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

you forgot on a boat

47 points of fall damage in the picture. Very roots
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

I guess my legs are visible on the first picture but I was the bait... uh puller for this raid, so I spent some time at the respawn tree.
    I take it you've been wearing the same helmet for over 4 years, as can be seen in:
    Then I've got more sceenshots with you wearing that helmet and a Maw of the Abyss:
    Eight
    Nein

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzarin View Post
    I take it you've been wearing the same helmet for over 4 years, as can be seen in:

Then I've got more sceenshots with you wearing that helmet and a Maw of the Abyss:
    Eight
    Nein
    LOL yeah.. when Chrisax finally changed out his old gear for all the new stuff he'd farmed over the years, DoctorHyde offered a large sum of money for that specific So8 Helmet.. so he could delete it.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Here's some more. So how have things in the MP community been in the last 4 years? I played from that absolutely stunning :P game launch up until about late 2005/early 2006. Faustuss I am sorry to say has been sitting on the top of his favorite tower in Tir collecting reet poop ever since then. (curse those winged rats!) I regret that he isn't in LSOR with the rest of the guild, as I understand they swapped land after I stopped playing and it involved actually trading guilds to preserve city buildings which meant he didn't get put back in the guild. I don't know if I will try to play again right away, there is a lot of catching up to do, and apparently a graphics improvement if rumors are true. So how have you all been?

Another staging area shot

One more staging area shot

From right after the start of the walk

A good idea of how many of us there were

In the thick of it

Meetmedere

Outside Reets Retreat

Another group shot

Party at ICC

Party 2

A bunch of folks at the end
    Last edited by Faustuss; Mar 6th, 2010 at 01:24:50. Reason: Added some more text.
    Sir, are you classified as Nanomage?

Negative, Im a notum popsicle.

Aye good times.

I was indeed MP Prof at that time I think - along with PsiRaven if memory serves... won't swear to that though.

There were also a lot of FC bods hanging around the event in invisible mode that day. It was really a big thing in AO.

X

A lot of faces have come and gone in the last 4 years...a lot of that has to do with the Froob program and how many have decided to stick around and upgrade. Every so often one of the old timers pops in to say hello though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast