Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report Testlive Character Transfer Issues

Unhappy Report Testlive Character Transfer Issues

The purpose of this topic is to report issues regarding the Live -> Testlive character transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic
    Transferring a Character to Testlive:

1. Log into funcom.com on your account you want to transfer from
    2. Under the Paid services you will click on 'All Paid Services'
    3. Click on TestLive Transfer then you pick the account (which should already be showing up in the drop down box there) then press Continue.
    4. Another drop down box will appear with the Character list. From here you select the character you want to bring over.
    5. Press Submit - you should have a green dialogue box appear over top of that window saying:

Request Paid Service
    The Service Request has been added to your queue
    Check your Pending Service Requests to see it's status

Before reporting an issue, please note the following in regards to transferring a character to Testlive:

• You can NOT be logged into the account of the character that is being transferred.
      • Being logged on Atlantean, Rimor, DNW, or AORC while a transfer is taking place will likely cause it to fail.
      • Try not to be logged into AO in any form under any account during the transfer process.
    • A character transfer can take up to 15 minutes. Please be patient.
    • If a Testlive character is deleted/overwritten as a result of a character transfer, it will not be replaced. No exceptions.

If the character transfer service is confirmed to be down, we will do our best to relay this information to the appropriate Funcom personnel to ensure it will be fixed sooner than Soon™.

Messages regarding a resolved character transfer outage will be removed upon the service coming back online.
    Last edited by Michizure; Apr 10th, 2010 at 14:27:22.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

The most common problem people have with the character copy (aka transfer) is not being fully logged out on both servers.

You cannot be logged into the source server (Atlantean, Rimor, DNW) at all. Yes, that includes the chat server (AORC), and all characters on the account.

The same goes for the Testserver when a transfer is pending. Having a character logged in, or connected on AORC will cause the transfer to fail or remain pending indefinately.

Note: For AORC, this counts for all characters on the account, including deleted ones that still remain on the chat server.
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Funcom employee Clarification

Some progress was made this week getting the copy to TestLive back up and running. Currently RK1 and RK3 characters are available for copy to TestLive. This was caused by an error within the billing system related to a change made to execute the transfers from the RK3 server to RK1 and 2. The fix for this requires a complete restart of the billing systems...not only for AO but also for Conan (everything). There is a restart scheduled for 8 days from now...which is when this will be fixed. I wish it could be faster...but taking down the entire billing system is not a small task and not without risk...getting this done to facilitate the copy of "some" characters wasn't significant enough to have this done outside the already scheduled maintenance window.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Some progress was made this week getting the copy to TestLive back up and running. Currently RK1 and RK3 characters are available for copy to TestLive. This was caused by an error within the billing system related to a change made to execute the transfers from the RK3 server to RK1 and 2. The fix for this requires a complete restart of the billing systems...not only for AO but also for Conan (everything). There is a restart scheduled for 8 days from now...which is when this will be fixed. I wish it could be faster...but taking down the entire billing system is not a small task and not without risk...getting this done to facilitate the copy of "some" characters wasn't significant enough to have this done outside the already scheduled maintenance window.
    Thanks, Means.

This issue should be resolved by Monday.
    Last edited by Michizure; Apr 17th, 2010 at 21:53:06.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Thanks, Means.

This issue should be resolved by Monday.

how come you dont have a blue or green name?
    Last edited by Michizure; Apr 17th, 2010 at 21:53:35.
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

because he choses to be special that way
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    how come you dont have a blue name?
    3 reasons:

1) He's actually an ARK, so his name would be white or green. In this case, white.

2) There are some technical difficulties getting the correct color to display

3) He is quite special with his current color and rank

P.S. That would be special in the good way...
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    3 reasons:

1) He's actually an ARK, so his name would be white or green. In this case, white.

but its not even white, just the ugly yelloish like the rest of us

Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv

well come onto testlive and see his true color hes a big bear and quite nice

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    but its not even white, just the ugly yelloish like the rest of us
    It was either this yellow or pea-green...I chose the lesser of two evils.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    I did a bit, but its so hard to get your client to the right version, and recopying again and again, i gave up, if the patch u need to get on test would repatch whatever client u last used there automaticaly it would simplify things considerably and id do more on test, others prob would also,,,
    been least a year since i was on test, so maby it has been improved, dont know, but it was a pain than

Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv

There's a thread for that in my signature.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Krattonomic View Post
    He made my Rihwen tiny! It was awesome!

Xfer still doesnt work.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I was able to transfer two of my characters from RK1 to test on Thursday so it was working then for that server at least. I have not been able to transfer a third character yet though, but I was told there was some limit in place on how many u can transfer at a time.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvelle View Post
    Just for those of you who haven't figured it out....ARK moderators are green, with green names and green backgrounds. All Other ARKS are white names. Such as Nirvelle's right there.

I keep nagging the guy responsible to fix it, but he has something up his sleeve he's thinking about, plus the color isn't his biggest priority in life at the moment.

Now now, people designated as "player" by their color aren't that bad...
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    I was able to transfer two of my characters from RK1 to test on Thursday so it was working then for that server at least. I have not been able to transfer a third character yet though, but I was told there was some limit in place on how many u can transfer at a time.
    2 per week or patch cycle. I'm not entirely sure which, but it's one of the two.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Hey thats great and all, but when can i xfer from rk2?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

it should be up, alot of people were able to already

Lol! Yesterday evening I had successfully transfered my char from RK2. )) And for now it isn't working again! God, I'm lucky!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast