Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stopping the madness: From LVL 1 to TL5 PVP

Stopping the madness: From LVL 1 to TL5 PVP *READ*

The WAY to go from LVL 1 to TL5 PVP!

Leveling

LVL 1 - 20

Level in noob island, use the single nuke. Make sure to ding AI1 and get enough axp for AI2. At LVL 9 or 10 leave the island, slap on a medsuit, update your nukes and go to Nascence and kill chimeras first and the lowbie cripplers until you hit lvl 20.

LVL 20 - 35

Twink some NCU, get the basic buffs, make sure you buy the composites, buy new nukes.
    Go to Crippler Cave and level there until 35.

LVL 35 - 45

Update your nukes, get to two mountains, and kill croakers until you hit 45. (use Ol' Faithful nuke)

LVL 45 - 70

Update your nukes, buy good AOE if the team happens to have an OST, kill nasc hecklers at Two mountains or Core until you hit around lvl 70. Do research while you are having capped xp for them.

LVL 70-95

Update your nukes, get some armor (Predator armor recommended). Go to Jobe Market, use the portal and get to Elysium. Kill Hoathlans or Malahs to get an insignia and save in Ely garden. Get to the Mortiig beach (southwest Ely) and level there until 90-95.

LVL 95-130

Roll the best RK nukes (see Nanos section) especially the one with chemical damage (Full Body Acid Coating) and kill ely hecklers in a team (Southeast Elysium)

LVL 130-150

It is recommended to stay in heckler teams, but you can also try kiting hecklers. Without OST you will be killed. Roll the top AOE nukes.

LVL 150 (optional)

Go to Sector10 and get enough credits to finance your future (around 500m is enough). Get axp (minimum to AI 8, but recommended is AI 14). You can also farm axp with LE missions.

LVL 150-165(or 170)

Two choices:
    A: stay in Elysium and team/kite hecklers
    B: go to Scheol, farm an isignia, get to Scheol garden, travel up north, mezz your way to Adonis portal. Equip the metawater suit and mezz/kill your way to Adonis garden. Go to "clan main" (East brink of Adonis around the Redeemed Village) and kill adonis hecklers in a team.
    Finish your researches either with ado hecks or ely heck kite.
    Get axp in LE missions.

Optimal Level

165: Nukes with lvl 165 req. unlock (LE nukes and Touch of the Pyre)
    170: Same as 165 but with an extra perk. you are more vulnerable to high levels, and you cant hurt lower lvl toons.

Nanos
    (use http://auno.org/ao/nanos.php?prof=nano-technician for reference)

Must-have's (Roll/buy these no matter what):

• Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame
    • Kel's Neutronium Plaything
    • Volcanic Eruption
    • Advanced Fleeting Immunity
    • Visions of the Void
    • Legions of the Eyeblighter
    • Dark Movement
    • Personal Notum Harvester
    • Izgimmer's Obfuscated Recompiler
    • Enfraam's Perfected Fortification
    • Superior Nano Command (+67% range, no nanocost penalty)
    • Peaceful Intentions
    • Burden of Atlas
    • Specialized Gravity Pull (root that enfs can't break with rage nanos)

• Touch of the Pyre
    • Notum Double
    • Neuronal Stimulator
    • Enfraam's Cortex Accelerator
    • Incessant Flurry
    • Overwhelming Storm

Recommended:

• Nullity Sphere Mk II
    • Izgimmer's Mockery
    • Notum Overload (+104% range, 4% nanocost penalty)
    • Electrifying Containment (has stun proc)
    • Crown of Frost (nanoskill drain proc)
    • Localized Dimensional Inversion (-200 evade proc)
    • Fluctuate Gridspace (to make GA fixers die easier)
    • Boil Blood (AOE DoT for pulling hecklers)

• Restrain Enthusiasm (anti-Enforcer nemesis nano)
    • Notum Triple
    • Greater Nanobot Shelter (full Scheol questline)
    • Cellular Re-Structure
    • Poisoned Thorns
    • Nanobot Guard
    • Nanobot Shielding (both are from the Inferno Anansi quest line)

Equipment

Focus is on nanoskills, evades (most importantly dodge ranged) and nano resist.
    Use cyberdeck as weapon.

Have a glimpse on the following equipment configs to get a clue:
    this, this and this

IP distribution

While leveling keep all nanoskills and nano init maxed, and IP Body Dev, Nano Pool, Evade Clsc and Dodge Rng from the remaining. Until lvl 150, Nano Resist is not needed to be IPed.
    Always max Treatment and Computer Literacy as well as Intelligence and Psychic. Save IP on Strength if needed.

At 165/170, have all nanoskills, all abilities, Treatment, Computer literacy, Dodge and Evade, Nano Init, Nano Pool, Run Speed maxed. From the remaining IP you can spend on First Aid, Duck, Body Dev (keep body dev high, if not maxed) or others if you have a unique concept.

How to PVP

This will be only the very basics. For special tactics see the other topics.
    • Blind everything and everyone. Besides being very annoying, blinds lower the target's AR thus contributing to the NT's defense.
    • If you can't land blind on someone on the first try, that means your opponent has significant NR. Use NR debuff nuke.
    • Use triple only as a finishing nuke (or don't use it at all).
    • Make sure, you recast your absorbs after each fight, or even during fight after taking a beating.
    • LE nukes go through any reflects, and they ignore reflect damage as well. An NT nuking the CT of a filled site without getting hurt is not a sploiter.
    • Exploit line-of-sight and abuse roots to take advantage over your opponents.
    • Calm hostile pets.
    • When you duel make sure you actually 'attack' the target (press Q) or the opponent will jolly use HP rechargers.
    • Avoid enfs and docs.
    • Don't try to tank melee profs.
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Jul 21st, 2010 at 09:06:29.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Congratulations! You are now a viable TL5 trippulnoob!
    Who uses Triples in TL5 NT PvP?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

*edit* removed comments, I remembered I don't like spoilers
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Jul 20th, 2010 at 20:34:41.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Who uses Triples in TL5 NT PvP?
    well, apparently a LOT of people, because since I've been playing my 169 froob fixer that's just about all i get hit with, lol.

*YOU BASTARDIO! you got a hat
    Last edited by Frubaliscious; Jul 20th, 2010 at 20:27:26.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

Edit this so it doesn't sound so condescending and I'll sticky it.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    well, apparently a LOT of people, because since I've been playing my 169 froob fixer that's just about all i get hit with, lol.

*YOU BASTARDIO! you got a hat
    Those are the people who don't realise you can get 2 doubles off in the time it takes to do one triple.

Better DPS, faster kills
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I've used triples in TL5 PvP when I reckoned it would kill the target (and a double wouldn't), if the target was running away, or if more than one person was attacking the target. First one should be obvious (though difficult to gauge), and the two others are good for farming damage

(however, I quickly got bored and leveled the NT, so that I could be bored at 220 instead).
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    Those are the people who don't realise you can get 2 doubles off in the time it takes to do one triple.

Better DPS, faster kills
    i beg to disagree. hit NBS and see which one damages the more :P

Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    Edit this so it doesn't sound so condescending and I'll sticky it.

i removed the last line. is it better?
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Jul 21st, 2010 at 04:08:26.

Devil Inside

updated a bit ;P

Devil Inside

well, maybe this thread will answer some questions and keep everyone and his dog from sending me tels like:
    (location Bor) (flagged an trying to live thru 4v me clan zerg)

them: I'm making tl5 NT, can I pick your brain?"
    me: sure, shoot
    them: well, what kind of equip should i be using?
    me: well, that's a pretty general question, got anything more specific?
    them: hmm, ok what nukes and what equip should i use at level 165?
    me: hah ok..this is a joke right?
    them: no
    me: >hangs up the phone<
    me: >dies while typing and trying to be a nice person<

lesson: being nice is over-rated.

I get those types of tells waaay too often LOL. I generally respond in the same manner too =P

Id like to add: One of the reason of being 170 is because at 168 you are able to do vigorous symbs. So extra perk + Extra ip + higher symbs is a great reason to go 170.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

I get those questions too. But I haven't pvp'd as NT at TL5 since 2004.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

[QUOTE=Aramsunat;5825960]
    LE nukes go through any reflects, and they ignore reflect damage as well. An NT nuking the CT of a filled site without getting hurt is not a sploiter.
    /QUOTE]

CTs have damage shield.... not reflects...

LE nukes were meant to ignore reflect, but they ignore damage shields too... was it meant ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

working as intended. that was the answer I got.

LVL 130-150

It is recommended to stay in heckler teams, but you can also try kiting hecklers. Without OST you will be killed. Roll the top AOE nukes.
    You will be killed without OST only if your team is incompetent.

If so, you shouldn't be helping them powerlevel.

If you're 125+ and have some good nanoinit, Acidic Droplets isn't a bad deck nano to buy.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

[QUOTE=Gridpain;5827619]
    LE nukes go through any reflects, and they ignore reflect damage as well. An NT nuking the CT of a filled site without getting hurt is not a sploiter.
    /QUOTE]

CTs have damage shield.... not reflects...

LE nukes were meant to ignore reflect, but they ignore damage shields too... was it meant ?
    LE nukes ignore reflect and damage shields too thats true, but also "max reflected damage" the latter is what I really meant

Devil Inside

u should add from 150-170 darkruins, solopart is quite easy having sl calms, and from 70-120 u can add oldskool pwh borgs kiting, doable with a cheap setup like this http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=165469 + obs like mc moch/gsf

noob island until 9? as soon as you get 5/2 get off noob island and start hitting scrubby nascence stuff, medsuit + spindles will make it so you have no issues at all.

nascence until 70? yikes, man... iirc nascence xp really drops off right around 60 aka totw time, so why not take the infamous totw break (to get the shoulders and notum/blind rings) and then say goodbye to nascence because you do not have business there at level 70, lol.

you should be in elysium post-60. kiting (or soloing without kiting) sl statics is/was a very good alternative to or stopgap between the popular mortiig and heckler snoozefests in elysium. the upshot of hitting statics is that competition during peak play is not nearly as homicidal as it is for example on spade beach or the sb/ef/p7 heck runs. if the xp is slightly slower, it will be made up because you wont have 4+ other teams and their jerk-mode pockets trying to push you off your mortal coil.

anyhoo i think the rest is generally valid advice , cheers

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

Lvl 125 you should be able to kite ely hecks yourself without any OSB's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast