Thread: Hatred of the Xan

Lightbulb Hatred of the Xan

I was finally able to equip 2 Hatred of the Xan's and I wanted to share some info on the process and the result. Here's some proof

Equipping
    This was the toughest thing I've ever equipped. Because I'm Omni on RK1, I didn't have the benefit of higher level towers.

Here is the setup I used.

In addition to the above, I got an FG/ES, IBehe, Dirty Fighter, and 151 Wrangle. I was also able to plant a ql 150 Guardian Conductor of Learning and a ql 150 Fire Sprouting Turret. With all of this, I only had 2-3 points to spare in 1he and brawling, and 15 or so in multi melee.

Besides a higher ql Fighter's Manual of Skill, there aren't really any other items that can buff 1he any higher (correct me if I'm wrong ). Even with all that though, I still needed the 150 towers for the 1he and brawling. Surprisingly, Multi Melee wasn't a huge obstacle, but the conductor helped with that as well.

The introduction of the research attunement device, as well as some other 1he buffing items such as the gladiator cloak, allowed these to be equippable. Prior to these items, a ql 275 mongoose was the best 1he a doc could put on.

Result
    I can still cast all my nanos unbuffed, and, unbuffed, the weapons are not OE.

On the bartenders in Fair Trade, self buffed, I hit 1611 melee damage per hit with 2898 crits.
    Fast attacks are at 10 seconds, of course hitting 1611.
    Brawling is at 15 seconds, hitting for 700-2100.
    Sneak attack is at 40 seconds, hitting for 3500-9000 but it's not maxed and I haven't decided whether or not to put more IP in it for pvp or not.
    I didn't put any ip in dimach since it never goes below a 30 minute recharge, but it still does 3000+ on bartenders.

Compared to the ql 275 Mongoose's I was using before this, these are of course an improvement, but I can't offer any comparisons to pistols or MA since I've always gone swords of some sort.

I am short on having all the IP I would like to have, I can't max all the evades and all the specials associated with the swords. I also need to perk into nanoskills more than usual, but not fully, to make up for my armor all buffing weapon skills, but these are trade-offs I've always lived with and haven't hindered me.

So, thats it I think I'm first to equip these right?
    Last edited by Kimarzt; Jul 28th, 2010 at 22:27:16.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Damn, I was expecting to see Dredd by your name, but 'tis not the case!

Congratulations on your feat - and yes, I believe we can chalk you up as the first Hatred doctor ingame.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

That's very cool. Nicely done

What kind of damage does your sneak attack do? How much sneak attack do you have atm?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    That's very cool. Nicely done

What kind of damage does your sneak attack do? How much sneak attack do you have atm?
    Thanks I have 1000 sneak attack self buffed (didn't mean for it to work that way, just raised it enough to equip).

Haven't been able to sneak up on a bartender yet (obviously SA is just for pvp or when I can get one off surprising a mob through a door), but on backyard leets and such I get 6k-13k

*edit* Pulled a few near a door so I could SA, was getting 3.5k-9k. Updated first post to reflect this . Also, I dumbly just realized that I have 2250 MM/BM, so my heavy perking into nanoskills is total overkill. I updated my implants to alpha at the same time and the weapons give 30 bm/mm/pm, so my usual perk setup will need sprucing up.
    Last edited by Kimarzt; Jul 28th, 2010 at 08:06:20.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

I had ql300 mongoose for a long time and I have always wanted to try to do this but can't be bothered changing my +fire dmg imps to melee heh.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Just to clarify, when you say the weapons are at 100% unbuffed, does that include the towers you planted? Or did you plant them temporarily just for the equipping?

Also, does your org have any contracts that would effect it?

I am curious since as close as you say you were on the points, it could be the difference of being able to do it or not.

I leveled my doc up before I took a break and without LoX, but I have it now and seeing this post makes me want to put some serious effort into his gear. He was my first expansion char and low budget.

well done, a very nice setup.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Tobiasfrost View Post
    when you say the weapons are at 100% unbuffed, does that include the towers you planted? Or did you plant them temporarily just for the equipping?

Also, does your org have any contracts that would effect it?
    I joined another org to plant towers temporarily (thanks ShadowMercs ), I didn't rely any any contracts they had. My current org has usual city benefits, but no contracts.

I'm at 1815 1he unbuffed (the only stat close to making them OE). I could easily buff it up some more if needed with 1he ncu's and boon of aries and such, but I'd rather have my other gizmos.

For a long time, I wasn't counting on the trickle down from buffs like FG/ES/iBehe and I thought I would have to plant ql 200 towers. I ended up waiting months for omni to take some towers for longer than a few hours until I decided to see if 150s might be possible. Turns out, yep!
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt