Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Fixer Nano Changes

Funcom employee New Fixer Nano Changes

Gonna keep this one really short - As noted in this week's Friday with Means thread, here are the new Fixer nano changes. Lots and lots of changes in here for you guys to pour over, so I'll leave it up to y'all to discuss the new stuff.

The document can be found either in the above-linked FwM thread, or in the big "Balance Documentation" sticky thread at the top of this forum. Enjoy. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I think its great.

But it will change low PvP and Towerwars dramatically. No more Doctor Hack and Quack and Grid Space Freedome for level 30 Twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Huminus View Post
    I think its great.

But it will change low PvP and Towerwars dramatically. No more Doctor Hack and Quack and Grid Space Freedome for level 30 Twinks.
    no GSF and I doubt you will see many twinks at all anymore don't care about HNQ but the runspeed nerf will actually remove enjoyment from play at those levels

So, I was wondering whether the HoTs are becoming level locked...

Run speed may be some sort of issue though, yeah. Wonder if the next big thing is lowbie fixer run speed + shade run buff + wolf
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I'm quite happy with these fixer nerfs.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixietrox View Post
    no GSF and I doubt you will see many twinks at all anymore ... runspeed nerf will actually remove enjoyment from play at those levels
    Yes. Thats the only problem I see. Changing from a 220 toon mit rs to a 30 toon even with rs is painfully. But they will nerv rs in generally, so me might have to get all a little mor patient.

But its making sens now to have a fixer corresponing in level in your team again.

Well, if they tweak it right so lower level toons run faster and higher level run a bit slower (smoothing out the RS curve, as it were) then it shouldn't be that much misery.

Having TL2-3 toons twinked out to have 2k runspeed on the other hand...might have been a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    So, I was wondering whether the HoTs are becoming level locked...
    Casting Lasting Ultimatum will give Long HoT based on target's level:

Code:
    Lasting Ultimatum        level 154+ 
    Life Bond                level 151-153
    Lasting life             level 149-150
    Dr Hack'n Quack          level 127-145
    Backyard Revitalization  level 113-126
    Blackmarket Prescription level 73-112
    Kitchen-sink Surgery     level 55-72
    Hacked Diagnosis         level 19-54
    Relieving Salve          level 1-18
    So low level toons can not get highest HoTs anymore...

However those SL HoTs can be now cast on lower level toons as currently Lasting Ultimatum requires target's level to be at least 205 - after balance you can cast it on level 154+ toon. Lasting Ultimatum's health per tick is changed from 466-502hp every 10s to 1004 hp every 20s, so tick interval is doubled and heals for same as before on 20s time period.

The other way to look at balance changes is that a froob fixer can use Dr Hack'n Quack at level 175+ instead of level 195+.
    Last edited by Galilei; Aug 21st, 2010 at 07:53:39.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    However those SL HoTs can be now cast on lower level toons as currently Lasting Ultimatum requires target's level to be at least 205 - after balance you can cast it on level 154+ toon. Lasting Ultimatum's health per tick is changed from 466-502hp every 10s to 1004 hp every 20s, so tick interval is doubled and heals for same as before on 20s time period.

The other way to look at balance changes is that a froob fixer can use Dr Hack'n Quack at level 175+ instead of level 195+.
    Ok, thanks. Nobody would want to waste that NCU space though, I'm quite sure, in receiving a high end HoT buff which heals the same as a low one.

Is the same sort of scaling going on with GSF? I didn't really read the document that well, it seems.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Is the same sort of scaling going on with GSF? I didn't really read the document that well, it seems.
    Yes, to get GSF your char level has to be level 109+ and for example level 55-72 toons will get Grid Surfer buff when GSF is cast on them.

Also NCU buffs will check target levels so you can use your top NCU buff and the target will get the one he can use at that level - makes buffing easier for fixers as you don't need to cast several NCU buffs anymore (if you have low level chars in team). There seem to be single target NCU nanoline as well, so fixers don't need to team to give ncu buff.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Even the summon lines seem nice and useful now! :O
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Summonig boxes of ammo... so (grab neighbor fixer by the shoulder) we'll be great, great friends from now on.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

This rebalance seems generally well thought out. I particularly like the level scaling buffs.
    Shame about some of those nanos that never made it ingame though; some of them looked like they would have been fun to use
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

wow, I can't see anything to complain about! nice work
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

yap i see 80% "good" for fixers & their teams, while the 20% "bad" are okay in a rebalance context.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Love it all.

As I mentioned elsewhere the teamversion of the SL garden warps is huge.

And friggin YES to no longer being spammed with teaminvites from people wanting buffs or F-grid. Thats by far the biggest improvement imo

20 sec tick on long hot? you got to be kiding.. Just so you know whoever dev thought about this, PvP in Anarchy Online happens very fast. 20 secs is a loooooong time to wait for 1 tick. You will end up being dead before you will get a tick.

Think logical. Even if the healing is the same, but half now and half 10 secs latter is better then all after 20 secs.

Would you prefer a hot that does for example 6k heal in 1 minute, or one that does 1k every 10 secs? See the point?
    Last edited by Techtoxic; Aug 23rd, 2010 at 01:14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    20 sec tick on long hot? you got to be kiding.. Just so you know whoever dev thought about this, PvP in Anarchy Online happens very fast. 20 secs is a loooooong time to wait for 1 tick. You will end up being dead before you will get a tick.

Think logical. Even if the healing is the same, but half now and half 10 secs latter is better then all after 20 secs.

Would you prefer a hot that does for example 6k heal in 1 minute, or one that does 1k every 10 secs? See the point?
    Considering that AS will be locking SA locking FA, I really don't see how this is an issue.

The devs are clearly slowing PVP down; which is exactly whats needed, given the current state of things.

... and as it looks, HoT is not an important part of low PvP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    If you are low on HP, a 6k heal > 1k hot. No point to see.
    blah

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast