Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FSync v2.0 (beta)

FSync v2.0 (beta)

I got some PM's these past few weeks claiming the FSync v1.0 wasn't working.

After trying to debug the program, I realized that v1.0 was written in VB.
    I've since moved on to programming in C# so I decided to reprogram the whole thing from scratch in C#.
    v2.0 seemed to work for me, so I'm releasing an early beta.
    I'd appreciate any debugging information and/or feedback.

What is FSync?
    FSync is an anarchy online friends list synchronizer that utilizes Vhab's chat library.
    after using FSync, ALL of your friends from your various characters will be exported and imported to all of your toons.

What's new in v2.0?
    1) support for cross-account synchronization.
    ___ you will be able to synchronize your friends list between accounts

2) multi-threaded multi-logging.
    ___ FSync will only log in 1 account at a time during the synchronization process but upto 8 characters per account will be logged in all at once.
    This will help speed up the entire synchronization process greatly (compared to v1.0's 1 toon per account)
    WARNING: This will force orgbots to spam your logons for each character. use in moderation.

3) Proxy support
    ___ I've added proxy support (I hope) I don't use a proxy myself so this feature is currently untested. it should work tho, as I used some source from vha.chat as a coding example

4) Improved graphical user interface
    ___ Created a "Wizard" style interface that will walk you through each step and will show progress throughout the entire synchronization process

5) Character selection
    ___ v1.0 used to import and export every character from a single account, including "deleted" characters. currently with vha.net chat lib, there is no way to tell if a character is "deleted" or not so with v2.0 you can select each character you wish to use (up to 8 characters per account)

Download v2.0.0.1 | 540kb | GPLv3 & MIT Licenced | Source code included

EDIT:
    * v2.0.0.1 Bugfix: Corrected some code for the character counter on the character selection
    * v2.0.0.1 Added: Double-Clicking a character in the character selection menu will toggle it's checkmark.
    * v2.0.0.1 Changed: FSync is now dual-licenced under MIT for source code and a GPLv3 Licence for the application binary(s) the MIT source produces.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Sep 30th, 2010 at 04:45:04.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Woohoo, 2.0 \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    currently with vha.net chat lib, there is no way to tell if a character is "deleted"
    This isn't really something specific to vha.net.
    It's simply impossible for us to detect which characters are valid and which are deleted with just a connection to the chat server.

MIT Licence
    This is license-wise not really possible when using Vha.Net. Although I do applaud you for using such liberal license.
    What you can do though is put an MIT license header in all your source files and GPL the overall application.
    This is because Vha.Net is licensed under GPL which is a rather viral license.

Not that I'll hunt you down or complain about it if you don't do it
    Just felt like explaining GPL a bit.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    A deliberate decision, or is your chat lib derived from GPL sources?
    Just curious as I had vague thoughts about an iOS chat app, but GPL and iTunes apps don't play nicely.
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Possible bug: When checking the check box for a whole account (and all the toons under it are automatically checked), then you uncheck it, and manually check the ones you want, it will add the next ones you select to the number of toons in that account. I suck at explaining things, so i'll just do an example

Check account X (10 toons were ever created)
    Uncheck it
    Check toon 2,4,6,7.
    Hit Next.
    Popup comes up saying you selected 14 out of maximum 8.
    Tehsummoner • meta
    [Droppler • fix] [Ancientguard • enf]
    [
    Bulletcam • agent] [MasterWelder • engi]
    [
    Sacriffice • trader] [MiniTeh • meta]

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    A deliberate decision, or is your chat lib derived from GPL sources?
    Just curious as I had vague thoughts about an iOS chat app, but GPL and iTunes apps don't play nicely.
    Probably not the right thread to answer this in, but I'll reply once.
    We can discuss this further in the Vha.Chat thread if you want.

It's a deliberate decision.
    GPL is one of the few ways that guarantees any derived project is fully open source.
    Because any application using Vha.Net has access to your AO account and password I felt it was irresponsible to allow closed source derived projects.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems there is a lot of misinformation going on regarding GPL and AppStore compatbility.
    Eitherway, using Vha.Net on the iPhone will require at least a 400 dollar Monotouch license and the Apple Developer license fee.
    So there's a bit of a steep entry there either way. Something you probably want to consider if you're wiling to pay that before you start doing some in depth research into licensing and the AppStore.
    Then there's also the differences between GPLv3 and GPLv2, Vha.Net is the latter.

And again, please post replies to this post either in a new thread or in the Vha.Chat thread (link in my signature).
    Don't want to derail xyphos' thread
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Sep 29th, 2010 at 19:37:29.
    Formerly Vhab.

This is license-wise not really possible when using Vha.Net. Although I do applaud you for using such liberal license.
    What you can do though is put an MIT license header in all your source files and GPL the overall application.

Not that I'll hunt you down or complain about it if you don't do it
    Just felt like explaining GPL a bit.
    Oh, sorry... I remember GPL was MIT compatible, didn't realize that MIT wasn't GPL compatible.
    I'll have to fix this as you mentioned, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehsummoner View Post
    Possible bug: When checking the check box for a whole account (and all the toons under it are automatically checked), then you uncheck it, and manually check the ones you want, it will add the next ones you select to the number of toons in that account. I suck at explaining things, so i'll just do an example

Check account X (10 toons were ever created)
    Uncheck it
    Check toon 2,4,6,7.
    Hit Next.
    Popup comes up saying you selected 14 out of maximum 8.
    Thanks for finding this. I'll get on it.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Tried it now, and it worked flawlessly for me. Took maybe 30-40 minutes~ to do 3 accounts with 10-12~ characters selected.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Seeing as this is working now, is there any way to copy /ignore tags from one char to another?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

not that I know of, but an interesting idea.
    I see your /ignore and raise you /filter

:P

Ignore lists are stored in a binary file in your local profile directory.
    Would have to read those files & make a new one containing all the entries, then write it out to all the character configs on the local install.
    This would require direct access to the AO installation.

Doable? Definitely.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

WTB someone to make it happen!

upon (roughly) examining said binary file, it seems that the binary format is as follows:

...\Anarchy Online\Prefs\<account>\<character>\IgnoreList.bin

12 bytes - unknown data (most likely a file header)
    until EOF
    {
    UInt32 - charID
    lpzString - charName
    }

most of the "charName" in my file was "Unknown" so it's probably wise to not rely on charName and just use entire ID/Name pairs as-is

EDIT: opened a different IgnoreList.bin and it only contained charIDs without names, this is a big problem as the format isn't compatible with the above scheme
    dunno how to correct this issue.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Oct 6th, 2010 at 09:44:44.

There should be a 0xBEEF somewhere in the file. (think it's the 'size' variable of the old format that holds this value in the new format).
    There's an old format and new format. That magic constant separates the 2.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Oct 6th, 2010 at 10:37:41.
    Formerly Vhab.

There should be a 0xBEEF somewhere in the file. (think it's the 'size' variable of the old format that holds this value in the new format).
    There's an old format and new format. That magic constant separates the 2.
    ah, cheers.
    and from the looks of that, more of Kintaii / Macrosun "LOL code".

00 00 BE EF = 48,879 in decimal
    but it spells "BEEF" as in slander for "Problem or issue" and thus, IgnoreList.bin has the people you have "beef" with.

Might I suggest merging the two applications? An added wizzard-step could as if you want to copy your /ignored people on one or all of your character(s) to all the others as well.

Hope that made sense :P

Rather not. FSync and ISync are two entirely separate applications because they operate differently.
    one requires the use of the chat server, the other just searches for and merges ignored char IDs stored in your prefs folders

Oh.. no biggie

Bump for one of the most sought after programs to hit the AO community!

FSync will only log in 1 account at a time during the synchronization process but upto 8 characters per account will be logged in all at once.
    This will help speed up the entire synchronization process greatly (compared to v1.0's 1 toon per account)
    If it literally logs them in all at once, as opposed to really fast after one another, is that not against the terms of the EULA? I'm sure there's a sentance in there saying something like "only one character per account may be logged in at any one time". [EDIT: found the exact quote: "You are not allowed to be simultaneously logged into the game with 2 or more characters from the same account." Last sentance of the first pharagraph.] It may be different if you're not technically logging them in through the AO client but... soemthing to bear in mind.
    Last edited by Scabadus; Nov 4th, 2010 at 04:38:03.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Scabadus View Post
    If it literally logs them in all at once, as opposed to really fast after one another, is that not against the terms of the EULA? I'm sure there's a sentance in there saying something like "only one character per account may be logged in at any one time". [EDIT: found the exact quote: "You are not allowed to be simultaneously logged into the game with 2 or more characters from the same account." Last sentance of the first pharagraph.] It may be different if you're not technically logging them in through the AO client but... soemthing to bear in mind.
    not an EULA violation due to a technicality: key phrase highlighted in yellow.

you're not multi-logging into the game server, just the chat server.
    and there are many people who already host/run multiple org/raid bots from the same account because of that technicality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast