Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 22nd, 2010 - Update incoming

Funcom employee Friday with Means - October 22nd, 2010 - Update incoming

After another week of polishing and tweaking the horribly mis-named "Halloween Update" will be coming to the live servers this Tuesday and all Halloween content will be available for at least three weeks. As some of you are aware this significant update (in addition to this year's Halloween phats) will also see the introduction of the long awaited Sector 7 151-200 Alien Team instance and the introduction on an entirely new AXP daily mission system with many new places and experiences to enjoy. A great deal of work went into the creation of Sector 7 and the AXP dailies and I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for their help on TestLive to make the release versions of these missions and new playfields as smooth and balanced as possible. We have received a great deal of positive feedback after the release of the initial daily missions and hope that the AXP missions will be just as positive an addition to the game. Accessibility of Alien content at low levels has long been a weakness of ours and I'm really happy to see it progress.

Some of the other changes in this update:

- Martial Arts special attacks will no longer put the MA in nano-recharge after use.
    - After a great deal of constructive feedback HHAB will once again be wearable at TL6 but without the full NR modifier.
    - The "Rats!" daily mission finally has the highly requested counter to let you know how many more vermin to kill.
    - The time limits on Adonis Yuttos quest line (ado brain) are removed for all kill and return type missions.
    - Grid exit in ICC has been moved closer to the Grid terminal
    - Application Form in the Extraction Daily Mission, can no longer be used by accident.
    - Tibor 'Rocketman' Nagy added to BS signup hub and removed from Andromeda
    - Fixed Three Craters Map
    - Sign posts added to Unicorn Outpost "Neretva C" and "Arid Rift"
    - The following daily missions all including kill objectives have been moved from the normal mission handler to the elite handler (different blocker)

* The Subway
    * Temple of Three Winds
    * Biomare (Foreman's)
    * Crypt of Home
    * Mantis Hive
    * Smuggler's Den
    * Deeps of the Mantis Hive

- The following playfields have been exported without floating objects (like trees and rocks and buildings)

* Aegean
    * Wailing Wastes
    * Milky Way
    * Clon****
    * Coast of Peace
    * Andromeda

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Inb4vhab
    13 seconds!

Yay for rooting stuff to the ground.
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Oct 23rd, 2010 at 02:50:30.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

^^^^^ 1s before me!

Bump!
    I'm really looking forward to trying the AI daily missions, and I might even start playing my NT again to access sector 7.

vvvvvv (MassDebater further down) to the rescue!
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 15:17:25.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

15th
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Bump!
    so close!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

after a great deal of constructive feedback hhab will once again be wearable at tl6 but without the full nr modifier.
    ty!
    Last edited by Muckota; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 15:15:04.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Cool cool. So rebalance is when again, I forget!?
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

Someone PM mods, you put patch notes in the wrong forum.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Eeps
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

1st page 1st time woot
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

I wonder if the above posters have a bot or something

anyway, great stuff announced.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by means View Post

- martial arts special attacks will no longer put the ma in nano-recharge after use.
    ty !
    Last edited by Gatess; Oct 22nd, 2010 at 15:19:17.

Postan in epic thread!
    Somebody lied.

Happy Friday all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - The following playfields have been exported without floating objects (like trees and rocks and buildings)
    What do this mean? Exported to work in the new engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    last
    Wrong
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by farbman View Post
    What do this mean? Exported to work in the new engine?
    I wondered the same.

oh, first page for once

Im exited about daily AXP for sure. beside halloween that is

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast