Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Linux/Mac Wine/Crossover Headcount

Linux/Mac Wine/Crossover Headcount

Just curious as to how many AO players are currently unable to play AO due to the recent "unsupported lockout"

please post here if you do not play AO on windows.
    if you do play on windows, please DO NOT POST HERE

the idea is to have this thread's reply count reflect how many are effected.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Here, Ubuntu Linux 10.4

Last edited by Xyphos; Nov 19th, 2010 at 01:08:14.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

AO still works in VM but the frame rate is verging on unplayable. Though I'm currently all frooby, I had intended to reactivate my subscription for awhile to sploit... erm... take advantage of the new phatz in the item mall.

*raises a hand*

"Here."
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

I used to play on a Windows laptop. I am not even sure if it boots up anymore and don't care as I will not endure Windows for the sole purpose of playing AO. I am toying with the idea of paying up and logging in but it would have to be on OSX or Linux if I do so. Until someone has a workaround for Craponium that will have to wait.

Well i used to play on ubuntu ... (starting out in EVE online now any nice corps i could join ? Sort of like the guys did from german server ? SO any one else starting out in EVE drop me a line ...)
    Workboy and my equip

Aggroboy
    and my equip

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    History of great experiences during Anarchy Online timeplay:

2001 - I just saw a player!
    2002 - I was in huge battle!
    2003 - I have Made first twink!
    2004 - I have made first quest in Shadowlands
    2005 - I dinged 220
    2006 - Was that an Alien? Holy Mothership...
    2007 - I own my first ql 300 CSS!
    2008 - We did Beast with just 3 guys!
    2009 - Damn, that Xan weapons LoX... erm Rox!
    2010 - Finnaly first character fully geared with all best stuff.
    2011 - Battlestations are so much zerg wars
    2012 - I have made set of twinks for new level ranges, they rocks!
    2013 - I made few 220 characters to level other characters...
    2014 - I saw a player!

Quote Originally Posted by haide View Post
    Well i used to play on ubuntu ... (starting out in EVE online now any nice corps i could join ? Sort of like the guys did from german server ? SO any one else starting out in EVE drop me a line ...)
    Eve does not work on Linux too of Awesomium.dll is a problem. Because Eve uses it too. Hence the CCP logo on the Website of Awesomium.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Awesomium doesn't even start for me. I have only Client.exe running.

Intended for froobs?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

+1

Will have to quit permanently if no solution to make it run on Linux (again) is found.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

C'mon, nix community is so big and can code everything (at least I was told so why open source is good). Use these bearded guys who live in basements and they will make new kernel for you with native awesomium support :evil:
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    I will not endure Windows for the sole purpose of playing AO.
    I'm in the same boat here. No game is so important that I'll change operating systems just to play it.

Goodbye, AO! The last 6 years have been decent.

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    C'mon, nix community is so big and can code everything (at least I was told so why open source is good). Use these bearded guys who live in basements and they will make new kernel for you with native awesomium support :evil:
    Oh the irony.

Awesomium is based on WebKit and Chromium.

WebKit is a branch-off based on Konqueror's KHTML engine, KDE's default and opensource browser. Chromium is the non-branded opensource version of Google Chrome's browser, which is based on various opensource projects including WebKit (type "about:credits" into your browser).

In other words Awesomium wouldn't even exist if not for "these bearded guys who live in basements".
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

Someone just got served.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    stuff
    So why doesn't it work for you? All that crossplatform compatibility of opensource programs
    i R not spik engrish

So why doesn't it work for you? All that crossplatform compatibility of opensource programs
    Think you just answered it yourself.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

The devs not feeling like investing time in a Linux build for now. It's apparently coming in July though, which proves that it is possible.

That, and keeping the source code closed to the general public so "these bearded guys who live in basements" can't do it themselves, instead requiring them to buy a license or sign a contract.

Since some rare months, Anarchy was able to patch under wine WITHOUT futher anywhatever.
    The casual "i am a new penguin, let see the games" type of user could just download the client and start playing AO flawless on any Linuxbox.

No $WINEPREFIX is needed anymore, winetricks the IE6 and there ya go, patch, play, test.

Now we have again a showstopper here.

I hope we dont have to wait too long for a solution ..
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Hi, i am a Mac.
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

I use Windows (I know, I'm the devil) but my question is why weren't any of these problems found when the browser was supposedly on test. It seems like even Windows users are experiencing strange effects from Awesomium, not to mention the whole virus scanner issue that's been recurring. Sounds like some seriously bad testing if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast