Thread: Old german forum? - a message from the king?

Old german forum? - a message from the king?

The old german-ao-forum has a strange entrance-side till the forum-downtime yesterday: http://forums-de.anarchy-online.com/. It's still linked on the mainside from ao. I would have back the old informations there, but i don't enter any informations on this side at moment. What's happend with the german-forum?

Seems our old, beloved forum becomes the new AoC Testlive forum :-\
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Looks more like the AoC testlive forum is the top virtualhost in the webserver configuration. Since the old german forums apparently still point at that webservers IP, the server goes "I don't know of this domain... Here let me give you my default virtualhost instead!", and that's what you see.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Seems our old, beloved forum becomes the new AoC Testlive forum :-\
    Most likely its been deleted, as RK3 was turned off, and the German forums were moved here.

Rest is explained by Demoder above, simple default behaviour, and the reason people often get emails from AoC domains, when they send in emails to AO support.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Please give us back our old forum. It's okay, that it is closed. But not deleted! There are a lot of informations within, that we collected in all the years.

A message from the King is near an insult :P.
    Make it a "message from the l33ts" !!!!
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Candah View Post
    Please give us back our old forum. It's okay, that it is closed. But not deleted! There are a lot of informations within, that we collected in all the years.
    Indeed, this should be reason enough to keep it archived somewhere.

After all theres an ancient, pre-2003, archive of the English stuff on these forums.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I still wait on an answer, what's happend with the old german forum and if it's possible to restore it on a archive-version. Thanks for your answer .

Try contacting Lucien in PM ... I think he's head honcho for forums (tech releated).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.