Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.2 Update Release Notes

Funcom employee 18.4.2 Update Release Notes

18.4.2 Update Release Notes

- The Holiday Season is here and Santa Leet and his friends will be "present" to share the phatz of the season!

- Camera Sensitivity should now be the same for both X and Y axis in first person.

- Stabilized framerate for people who move the mouse "really fast".

- Daily mission Aliens adjusted again for more challenge between level 195 and 220.

- Weapon parts for an Alien Daily mission should no longer spawn inside a wall in Sector 10.

- Fixed several exploits.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Happy Xmas

/edit
    wow, 34 minutes between Means' post and the "First!"
    AO forum is death, death !
    Last edited by Gridpain; Dec 15th, 2010 at 13:19:22.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The second best time of the year for Anarchy.

Means, in this FvM you have spoken about player feedback and ideas. May I suggest that Release notes include any change based on this, no matter how insignificant, just so players will see their voice matters.

Also, apperantly ingame message was that servers will go down for 6h (heard that, didn't see it myself) instead of 4, if that's true, please fix Launcher and Server notices.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

hai
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

I sure do hope they fixed the scroll wheel bug.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    - Daily mission Aliens adjusted again for more challenge between level 195 and 220.
    after listening to certain people on the forums concerning level ranges (what ended up in 151-174 dead and 175-214 bs - that's really really more fair than 151-200 would have been...)... u are listening to the same people again...

..and again...

...and again...

stupid question:

why?

(btw, my lvl 60 ma can kill 20 level 60 mobs at once with auto attack on, please make 60ish mobs hit like level 200 ones so it's more challenging. that will definately enhance gameplay for everybody, especially new players)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

- Fixed several exploits.
    Damn, I still didn't manage to find a single one. :'(
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

thanks for the patch notes means
    regards Thabeast
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Damn, I still didn't manage to find a single one. :'(
    Sush! Talking about exploits is a infraction-worthy ;D
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Looking forward to hunt some santa leets
    /Kehaan - lvl 220 Crat - Atrox/
    /Kehaax - lvl 150 Fixer - Atrox/
    /Kehtra - lvl 210 Trader - Atrox/
    /Kehelectric - lvl 165 NT - Atrox/
    /Kehxao - lvl 150 Doctor - Solitus!?/
    A proud advisor of Cerberus

*does not like*

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    after listening to certain people on the forums concerning level ranges (what ended up in 151-174 dead and 175-214 bs - that's really really more fair than 151-200 would have been...)... u are listening to the same people again...

..and again...

...and again...

stupid question:

why?

(btw, my lvl 60 ma can kill 20 level 60 mobs at once with auto attack on, please make 60ish mobs hit like level 200 ones so it's more challenging. that will definately enhance gameplay for everybody, especially new players)
    This.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

And again... The hotbar scrolling problem is still here. :sigh:

Edit: here's the problem FC, we can't scroll hotbar while we move mouse cursor over it.
    Last edited by -Klod-; Dec 15th, 2010 at 15:27:16.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Damn FC, after every patch, you almost makes me murder you everytime, 1st login after a patch all my prefs is lost, then i log it again, and its all back to normal, the halloween is over, stop scaring me!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I just tried an alien daily on my 220, and for the first time since dailies came out, had to run her out of the mission.

"More challenge" means making lvl 230-ish aliens that hit harder than the 275 ones in Arid?

More challenge DOES NOT equate to more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I just tried an alien daily on my 220, and for the first time since dailies came out, had to run her out of the mission.

"More challenge" means making lvl 230-ish aliens that hit harder than the 275 ones in Arid?

More challenge DOES NOT equate to more fun.
    Strange, as my NT didn't even get his once in the daily I did today.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Pet window not fixed
    AO PvP: "Scissors are over powered. Rock is fine." - Paper

I had this long tirade all typed up, but we all know this is crap. No one actually listens to anyone except jaded OP toons and everything done to this game proves that the developers either never actually play the game themselves, or are a bunch of completely geared out toons with no chance of dying, or suffering any penalties whatsoever. Try doing anything as a leveling toon guys. Then tell us we need harder aliens at tl6-7. Try battlestations 175-214, then tell us the pvp in this game is fair and balanced. Try one QUARTER of what REAL people with REAL gear do on a daily basis, THEN tell us how awesome this game is..after youve been sent to reclaim or a garden 4 billion miles from you mission.

You guys are all completely blind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by zenwon View Post
    i had this long tirade all typed up, but we all know this is crap. No one actually listens to anyone except jaded op toons and everything done to this game proves that the developers either never actually play the game themselves, or are a bunch of completely geared out toons with no chance of dying, or suffering any penalties whatsoever. Try doing anything as a leveling toon guys. Then tell us we need harder aliens at tl6-7. Try battlestations 175-214, then tell us the pvp in this game is fair and balanced. Try one quarter of what real people with real gear do on a daily basis, then tell us how awesome this game is..after youve been sent to reclaim or a garden 4 billion miles from you mission.

You guys are all completely blind.
    qft

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast