Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CH cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    "So Brad, what'd you do on your Friday night?" "Well..."
    So today I spent my Friday night talking to the community I work for! Talk about dedication to the job! They were all naughty and wanted muffins chased by a purple hat but the purple hat took away CH and everyone was angry so additional muffins were had to calm everyone down. Then we went on and talked some more about CH, Agents are the nerfest, Agent damage PvM is fine and we have statistics to prove it (tm), and how there was speshul information available about Agents post-balance that they would very much like to know but weren't going to know until Canada stopped eating the information like maple syrup so instead there was a very big icehocky icehockey ice hockey ice-hockey dammit how do I make my browser stop btiching this is a misspelling party. We should really be adding triple AS cobra to the game for great justice and also so klod cant use his double AS tigress and then hopefully someone is going to tell all of us what agents are going to get even though yea its not permanent and stuff and it may still change which is something we completely understand. Then everyone went on and grabbed a beer in Means cellar which was full of 7 year old cheese which even Means didn't know was there, but it turns out the horses had made a secret stash of horsemilk cheese which was even more special. Yeah, special vintage cheese the French would be jealous here guys. Genele played wow with iriche and macrosun and they were all 3 pissed off because iriche levelled to 85 which wasn't good! Means decided he wanted Oslo to go out with a bang and carried his CRT monitor all the way up to the roof of the FC HQ and then the whole dev team popped a beer and watched as Means dropped the CRT monitor down with a loud bang which was very entertaining. BUT it turns out that triggered a sekrit piece of code in the monitor which divided by zero and EMP'd the whole forams so it could no longer upload excel files with trader nanos in it. Cool eh. As side effect the new engine got a new feature, an ocean of tears by raging fans who thought the engine wasnt coming BUT HEY WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED the new engine doesnt run on petrol it runs on tears! So for optimization the devs released trader docs along with the new engine and the built-up flood of tears nearly killed the engine but in the end didnt except it was like shell ubrefuel you know the formula 1 stuff. The engine was then inserted to the plane and had a chess match against the dogs and cats that were speaking norwegian while the engine had been programmed to speak canadiyankean. It turns out there was a faxing machine inside the plane to the big disappointment of cube who had to plug it in but joeymtl immediately reeked a government conspiracy because the government only uses faxing machines to communicate even because they will only be getting computers with email in 10 years because they are 20 years behind everyone in technology so sezmra was like ok guys just plug that machine in and nogoal was like PUT PAPER INNIT OR IT DONT PRINT but iriche felt like calling the goblings in wow for help because they quest for faxing machines.then collodion was extremely amazed by the 15 terabytes ram in the faxing machine and joey told a cool story about tourettes patients working at the callcenter so he was dumbfounded someone couldnt get a job there and as you may not know aiken doesnt like skype. THEN SUDDENLY joey got angry and started cursing at level occluderdesigners or something for having a lot of "mature fun" with his face while trying to get out of the "unwanted mature fun" maze. arriviste wanted a baisc urban battle suit but he couldnt so the mobs were about to have their way with him for the third time just before he reached a token.

I hope you all enjoy this chunk of information until another dev comes in here and calms you some more. :P
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Jan 15th, 2011 at 00:45:35. Reason: moar
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

o.O

Clearly it was not safe to come out from under the table.
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I don't want to release too much at the moment, simply because it's all still in design/development, but before anyone gets in too big of a tizzy remember: Don't think in terms of what nanos are currently FPable by Agents. Don't even think in terms of what FP *itself* does. We've talked a lot about the idea of False Profession nanos doing a lot more for the Agent than they currently do, both in terms of available nanos to cast and in terms of the FP itself. So before anyone gets really worked up just remember that we haven't released the Agent document yet, and there's nothing that states what your available nanos will be post-Rebalancing.

There's a lot to come for you guys yet. Just wait for it. =)
    On a more serious note, we understand that everything is subject to change and in design/development - we're mature guys/gals.

I'm just saying a lot of us would definitely appreciate it if you could give a few hints on what's going to happen, give all the "but" and "subject to change" and "not set in stone" that you want along with it.

I -personally- know it's going to be alright because I have had that peek inside the rabbit's hole, but the majority of us haven't. Give them some reassurance on the Doctor nanos at least and most of us will be content to wait/give it a chance.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

/me sprays graffiti all over Lupus' "wall".
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Definitely going to hurt agts far more than it will doctors.
    Nah, we're fine. I think it's a step in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Yeah, there's stuff in the Professionals forum that was going to be released along with the Doctor nano document so we wouldn't get a riot in the Agent forums, but apparently the devs forgot to mention it due to all the chaos the move to Canada brings with it.

I'm going to be poking random devs until one of them gives me permission to release that stuff.

SUMMARY: DO NOT PANIC (just yet).
    AHAHAHA!

What are you sitting on lupus? Can you say if you think I will like it? ^_^
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 16th, 2011 at 11:34:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    AHAHAHA!

What are you sitting on lupus? Can you say if you think I will like it? ^_^
    I think everyone will like it tbh. Would be surprised if you didn't.

on serious note...our doc sl heal now heals for roughtly 3,5k and is twice as fast as ch used to be...(if i read the sheet correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    on serious note...our doc sl heal now heals for roughtly 3,5k and is twice as fast as ch used to be...(if i read the sheet correctly)
    If by that you mean it heals half as much for twice the cost, then you are correct.

you may cry bout nanocost, but you could also cheer about (theoretically speaking) a better heal when ri'd and better and more healing in spike damage situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    you may cry bout nanocost, but you could also cheer about (theoretically speaking) a better heal when ri'd and better and more healing in spike damage situations.
    Ummmm, which part of "healing half as much" was unclear? And you realize that they took the temp HP boost off all the SL heals, right? The HP per second is DOWN on all the top heals, and the nanocost is UP. That's not a "better heal" by any measure I can think of.

this is if we'd get the 1st sl doc heal, which atm we don't.

if for you, a better heal is a heal that heals more per nanocost. for me a better heal is a heal that's better at keeping me alive - which the setting mentioned above might provide.

luckily i don't play my agent anymore. Maybe we might get a real defense now :P
    WTB SWS 11
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Would be surprised if you didn't.
    Then it has to be something really good. Been playing FP enfo here, it's fine depending on professions.

Then it has to be something really good. Been playing FP enfo here, it's fine depending on professions.
    You must spend alot of time in sneak.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Some plays assaultdoctor, others play stealth. It's actually very fun

Some plays assaultdoctor, others play stealth. It's actually very fun
    Others play stealthdoctor. Others play maximum annoyance.

Sneak speed is too slow for me. That makes it pretty unfun.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Patience my dear! Altho, one can play professions very diferently in AO

Clouded in Ch-recharge. Not quite hidden from view.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 16th, 2011 at 19:20:44.

Red face

(Wall of stream-of-consciousness text)
    … arriviste wanted a baisc urban battle suit but he couldnt so the mobs were about to have their way with him for the third time just before he reached a token.

I hope you all enjoy this chunk of information until another dev comes in here and calms you some more. :P
    Ahem! That's “she,” tyvm. :P And I finally beat down those face-rapin’ mobs and gotted mah shinee tokin only to forget the point of the mish and stupidly sold the return item. So, qq, no battle suit for me.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Someone please annarina Lupus! Hate his wall of text. Gonna miss runnin around CHin the **** out of everyone (sad face), now I gotta roll doc to heal Scum? Or the times when 7 nubies try to keel ya and then you feel like a god.

Can we have a fairwell dinner for CH at least? he was a great friend!

Funcom employee

i am so going to start using anarrina as a replacement for the word moderate

"Everybody needs to start posting on topic or this thread's going to get Anarrina'd"
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast