Thread: 1-100 Guide for SL only Keepers

Post 1-100 Guide for SL only Keepers

Okay, the first thing i would like to let any reader of this guide know is that this was not really created for people who have more than just the Shadowlands expansion. This meaning this guide will only cover items available to Froobs and Shadowlands. Nor will this be a guide designed for the optimum stats/damage or anything. Because of that, this is mainly for people with low amounts of credits, which may change over the course of leveling.

Breed

I'm not going to dig into the Opifex and Nanomage breeds for this because of reasons stated at the beginning of the guide. You can still use them just with.... much different results.

Atrox

Most people go with this one. More HP, more built for 2H melee really. Less nano capabilties (Very essential to a Keeper) So this is a matter of preference really.

Solitus

Good breed, equally good at everything. I would say go with this one because they aren't THAT far behind an Atrox as far as Melee capabilities go, plus they are more manageable in the nano compartment. Personally i would recommend this above Atrox. Hey, At least this way you won't have the giant crotch bulge. (Hehe)

Stats

I would max all abilities every level. It is less important the higher level you get (granted it is of high important for pretty much all of this guide.)

I'll give you the generality of the stats you need to keep up with, In no particular order:
    Strength
    Stamina
    Agility
    Sense
    Psychic
    Intelligence
    Dimach
    Brawling
    Body Development
    Nano Pool
    2H Edged
    Fast Attack
    Parry (AS NEEDED)
    Melee Init.
    Evade ClsC.
    Run Speed (As needed)
    Comp Lit.
    Bio Metamor
    Sensory Impr.
    Psycho Modi.
    Time&Space
    First Aid
    Treatment

Equipment

Armor

You can get away with wearing novelty armor for the first 10 levels or so. I made it with only a shirt and some wrist doodads.

At level 15 you should invest in some Carbonum Armor, Two sets of it will last you to 60 just fine. Technically you can get to 100 with it, but Thats your choice. Two sets being a ql20 set and a ql40-50 set will work.
    However, At level 50 i managed to squeeze into a ql56 set of CAS Armor (Missing one sleeve, lol) So you may want to consider that. Plus it looks cool. At this point you should have an Exarch Robe or Guardian Tank Armor. Either will work.

Weapons

1-10 the beginner sword will last you if you need it to.

If you have at least 300k credits (A bit unlikely if you dont have a main or a credit supplier) You can buy a Jobe Defender Naginata, which are pretty good weapon choices. Check really good for these because they have good damage but they are at pretty hefty price in the gardens vendors. Guard of the Gentleman is also a popular choice. These are sold in the gardens as well because they are similar to the JDN in damage, and instead of an axe shaped weapon, it is a sleek, and pretty sweet looking sword (in a generic way of course). Just keep looking for higher ql versions of one of these weapons every 5-10 levels. Guard of the Gentleman tends to be VERY inexpensive. I find ql 30 ones for little more than 4k credits.

Implants

These will be quite the predicament without an ample supply of credits. So if your completely broke, you will need to find some donations, straggle along getting them when possible, or just go without. If you decide to go without there are always Symbiant drops around level 18 (mostly from ''boss'' mobs) (I believe they are called Dynas? Who knows these days :P (whippersnappers)

Special Gear

At level 50 you should go ahead and go to Rubi-Ka (GASP) and head to TOTW. If you don't know how to get there, then you can take this route (Only available to Omni's and Neutrals, Darn you clanners and your high sided xp bonus) Go to Rome green, then along the wall that leads to (Rome Red?) The area to the Grid and Whompahs there will be a man standing in front of some big red industrial steel crates. Talk to him and when he asks for a donation just give him 1k credits, then there is a blue portal besides the red crates. He will give you a slip of paper after the donation is complete. Pick it up and click it on the portal, and you will be right in front of it.

If you are not familiar with TOTW, find a group to show you the ropes. Theres are quite a few items you need from here. These items are, in no particular order:

Energy Scythe
    Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire
    Stygian Desolator (need a group for this one)
    Barrow Strength (shoulderpad)
    Withered Flesh (shouldpad)
    2x Notum Rings ( There are different types, despite being unique)
    Exarch Robe and/or Guardian Tank Armor (GTA is a VERY rare drop. If you want this, be prepared to spend a lot of time here.)
    5 Dark Memories (Drop from Lien)
    Guardian Circuit Board OR Dream Mesh Circuit (GCB recommended because you need nano)
    Other, General stuff. Such as the Ring of Tattered Flame and if you want, The Bloodleech Ring. Ring of Tattered Flame is VERY useful. Basically a free 200(?) something damage upon use.

Perks---
    Level 10, get Aura of Revival 1
    Level 20, Get Reaver 1
    Level 30, get Aura of Revival 2
    Level 40, get Blessing 1
    Level 50, Your choice
    Level 60, Remove enough perk points to get yourself Bio Cocoon 3 (Gives you a special that will shield you from 800 points of damage. LIFE SAVER.)

Leveling---
    1-10 starter area
    10-20 Hathliens (They are green and are all over the place outside of the Frontier Outskirts)
    20-40 Go to the Frontier Outskirts and look around till you see a hill that just kinda goes up through the middle of some ledge-like rock formations. It will take you through a zone. After coming out of the zone, look to the left and you will see just a constant dip in the land elevation leading into a rocky and sandy cave. That is crippler cave. There are level 28 Crippler of Growth EVERYWHERE around that area and inside. They are pretty weak by themselves, but they are social mobs, meaning attacking one will aggro all of them within range. So be careful. You will probably need a team to help you get to about level 27 when you can easily kill them by yourself. Be careful because there are strong mobs deeper in.

40-60 Might as well head to TOTW now since that place can also provide you with some credits. And while your hear go ahead and start to gather up the gear you need. Don't aim for the Stygian Desolator until level 55+, The boss that drops him is pretty strong. You WILL need a team unless you are a level 60 Twink (Which as a pennyless 'noob' you cannot do) ^_^

This part i borrowed from another guide, not sure which. If at level 60, you have all of the above mentioned items and perks, and you should be able to solo nasc hecklers for 20000(?) xp each, which will last you to 100ish.

An alternative to this is Foremans in Rubi-Ka. Level cap is 100, and there is a LOAD of junky vendor worthy items. So if i were you i would by 4 or 5 small backpacks (They all hold the same amount of items. Don't get sucked in by the whole LARGE and XLARGE crap like i did :'( ) to fill
    up with the junk from there. By the time you hit level 100 in there you will be fairly rich. Probably extremely likely you will have a MINIMUM of 10 million credits by the time you are done with that place if you always take and sell stuff. (Just don't take stuff no one else is going to actually USE, Need before Greed my fellow Keeper)

While i have not tried Foremans as a keeper yet, I would advise getting a team for it up until 80ish, and with decent gear, you should be able to solo a pretty large portion of the trash mobs here for loot.) But who knows. Weird stuff happens where Funcom is involved. <_< >_>

Thanks for reading anyone, Hope this came in helpful, If you have any suggestions to add please post them, If you see any mistakes, Post what to fix and what to put there instead.

Whenever i advance high enough past 100 to make a guide out of gained knowledge on those levels, I will make another guide for those levels.

Thank you! ^_^

A few comments:
    • For a generic 1-100 guide, breed ability caps don't matter but locked items (like Silken gloves) do. There aren't many breed locked items tho so I would say that breed has little consequences from level 1 to 100.
    • Dimach, Brawl, Nanopool, Comp Lit, Time&Space and First Aid shouldn't be maxed. Dump your extra IPs there depending on what you want/need. You should split your list in several parts. One with all skills that should be maxed before anything else, a 2nd one with skills that you should only raise to equip items, a 3rd 'utility' one and so on.
    • About equipment, a lot of players usually buy a set of Omni medsuit. It's cheap, buff First Aid and will be useful all the way up to 220 to equip implants/symbiants.

You didn't mention Tier armor at all. Chest is great and will probably last all the way to 220 as a sloob. There's also the Predator set which you can probably farm on your own around level 100.

For implants, you can always roll RK missions for them. You can roll empty implants and clusters. If you have slots without any implants, you should definitely do that. Even wearing a low implant is better than none. You'll even get xp, tokens and credits doing that so it's pure win.
    • At level 60, you should go to elysium and kill random mobs there. They are a lot less camped than nascence hecklers, have lower HP/AC and do less damage for the same amount of XP. If that's too hard and that you can't get a team, do RK missions. You won't level as fast but you'll get credits, items (nanos, implants and stuff to sell) and tokens on top of it.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter7 View Post
    At level 15 you should invest in some Carbonum Armor, Two sets of it will last you to 60 just fine.
    The Sundance Armor (obtained from starting area in SL) is a great alternative at such a low level to Carbonum if you are short on NCU, and is considerably cheaper. Other than that, like Nogoal said, the Omni-med suits are great, allowing you to use first aid kits which can usually fully heal you.

[...]head to TOTW. If you don't know how to get there, then you can take this route (Only available to Omni's and Neutrals, Darn you clanners and your high sided xp bonus)
    There is also an NPC stood behind the Whompas at Newland Desert - I believe he also provides access to TOTW, to all sides I think[?], for the one-time price of 1000 credits, via a portal and a TOTW key-pass.

As a side-note; I think you may have put too much emphasis on nano. Keepers usually buff by casting one nano at a time, and then sitting to recharge nano in-between - or alternatively by buffing up at a implant terminal (10k nano hit, and 1000 credit cost per use). Other than for buffing (and very rarely in PvP), keepers have no use for nano - so try not to favor nano gear over more viable gear.

As for leveling - Don't forget Daily Missions!
    Last edited by Whitey; Feb 1st, 2011 at 16:58:26.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

True but it if you are using the nano coils that recharge a very large amount (total), do you really want to waste 2-3+ to finish casting all your buffs? Or would you rather get some gear that wouldn't waste very much else, and increase your max nano by like, 180?

Just my opinion though.

Also, Remember people, this isn't a guide for the optimum. This is just the cut and dry 'get to that level now' guide

Plus, If i remember correctly, Tier armor cost a LOT of credits. Something followers of this guide probably don't have. If they do have credits for that kinda stuff, This probably isn't the guide they need.

think its 2million credits for the chestpiece, the components from the catacombs and the novictum are dirt cheap nowadays since nobody actually uses tier armour apart from social.

If you cant make 2 million credits nowadays in about an hour or so then you need to go and learn what clicksaver is

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    think its 2million credits for the chestpiece, the components from the catacombs and the novictum are dirt cheap nowadays since nobody actually uses tier armour apart from social.

If you cant make 2 million credits nowadays in about an hour or so then you need to go and learn what clicksaver is
    Clicksaver doesn't work for some people you know >_>

Also, Remember people, this isn't a guide for the optimum. This is just the cut and dry 'get to that level now' guide
    Of course, but spending IP unnecessarily will hurt you on the later levels, when IP distribution gets very tight. Making a guide to get to 100 is all well and good, but if you have ruined your char in the process then, whats the point?

Edit: Perhaps I'm being overly dramatic about 'ruining' your char. You probably can get away with it up until then.. I just know that when I got to 220 I needed to do a full IPR, because I had wasted IP on unnecessary skills early on.
    Last edited by Whitey; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 02:48:10.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    like Nogoal said, the Omni-med suits are great, allowing you to use first aid kits which can usually fully heal you.
    My 2 cents on this: I've noticed after much time leveling my noob toons, that the ACes from a decent ql set of carb help much more in the long run then compared to the heal boost on stims.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I agree with the above, AoR is enough healing at low levels if you can mitigate the damage better and carb does this very well. The fact that first aid is on such a long lockout means that you will get more downtime in the long run because you're sat around waiting for it to be up to heal instead of just mashing along with your carb and not having to worry about healing.

Except you'll out level your 'expensive' crab quite fast while omni-med is cheap and will remain useful later on. Keep in mind that it also allows you to use better nano stims and you can use everything on others. It's pure win for a new player imho.

For pure AC, you can go with Thar set too. It gives the same AC as Carb (without holes), no other mods and it's free (drops from several mob in nascence).
    blah

expensive lol, roll a couple of cushions and you'll have enough for carb to last you from 1-100 easy.

So, your advice to new players is to use a 3rd software program and stay afk near a mission terminal. Once you get a mission with the reward you want, either run all the way to the mission (which is confusing for 80% of the new players) or keep rolling until you get a mission close to you. Assuming you have enough credits to roll so many missions (well you can farm stupid missions to get credits, oh joy!) and that you are able to roll level 10 missions to start with.

Now that you spent so much time rolling 4 or more pillows (because ideally, you want to keep 2 for yourself and buyers want to buy 2 at once), you have to spam trade channel to sell them. Depending on your luck, it can take 10s or days.

Then you have to buy parts, at the right QL, and, finally, find someone to craft them. Or, again, spend time on trade channel to find someone selling a set.

That's definitely not something I would advice a new player to do unless I want him to quit.
    blah

but if they do manage to do it then the new player will gain valuable skills instead of assuming a medsuit is going to last him the entire game

Or they could you know, join an org. Most people I know would not mind quickly putting together a carb set for a newer player, especially if it's within org.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal
    That's definitely not something I would advice a new player to do unless I want him to quit.
    If they only knew...

IF THEY ONLY KNEW...

Omg another guide? i know manaas made a pretty good one covering basics and its alot more info i his guide than i this. and yea i see some major errors heh, though i see that is more people than me that has noticed that too. why make more guides when there is already a couple good ones out already. Its ok that u wanna make another but atleast make it understandable for new players. a little more details wouldnt hurt. Just my opinion.