Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Nvidia drivers kills anarchy fps!

Latest Nvidia drivers kills anarchy fps!

As title, I just got a gtx 480, and using the latest drivers from nvidia website (266.58)
    anarchy online is like a slideshow, single figure fps, totally unplayable tbh
    Another person has said he gets the same

I have just downgraded to earlier drivers 260.99 and it has fixed my fps
    but this needs to be looked into I think, any new comers to ao using nvidia and there latest drivers are going to be very put off by there first impressions of ao
    Last edited by Cergorn; Feb 4th, 2011 at 16:14:12.
    Lordplayer: Lets just put it down to people being completely retarded carrying on the "reply nerf to any keeper topic" mentality of years gone by.

Cergorn 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Yamura 220/30/70 Soli Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Cergorn View Post
    **snip**
    this needs to be looked into I think, any new comers to ao using nvidia and there latest drivers are going to be very put off by there first impressions of ao
    That is an excellent idea!

Maybe Funcom should consider working on a graphics engine update for AO?

/thread
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    That is an excellent idea!

Maybe Funcom should consider working on a graphics engine update for AO?

/thread
    Yawn!

And in the meantime, and if the graphics engine ever happens
    anyone new to ao that uses nvidia will think, "that runs like cr*p on my machine
    I cant be bothered to play it"

and anyone else will have to source older drivers to play ao decent, and at the same time not be able to use newer drivers that give them better performance in newer games

for me this is a big issue, and this thread was started to help other people wondering why there fps was so bad

maybe it could even help fc narrow down exactly what nvidia has changed

no need for the poor attempt at trying to be a smart a**ed troll
    Lordplayer: Lets just put it down to people being completely retarded carrying on the "reply nerf to any keeper topic" mentality of years gone by.

Cergorn 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Yamura 220/30/70 Soli Crat

the game doesn't seem to be as smooth with the later drivers, but I'm not seeing any major fps drop (running GTX260 on Win7 x64)
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Quote Originally Posted by Cergorn View Post
    Yawn!

And in the meantime, and if the graphics engine ever happens
    anyone new to ao that uses nvidia will think, "that runs like cr*p on my machine
    I cant be bothered to play it"

and anyone else will have to source older drivers to play ao decent, and at the same time not be able to use newer drivers that give them better performance in newer games

for me this is a big issue, and this thread was started to help other people wondering why there fps was so bad

maybe it could even help fc narrow down exactly what nvidia has changed

no need for the poor attempt at trying to be a smart a**ed troll
    People have been complaining about issues related to graphics & FPS drops since at least 2005, which was part of the reason they started the whole process of redoing AO's graphics engine. Many on these forums have physically seen the graphics engine running at the Oslo party last year... which is the FIX for the issues that you are rehashing. Supposedly, once they get everything situated from the move, the graphics engine upgrade beta will start.

There was no attempt at being anything. I simply pointed out the obvious (with a wink smiley to show I was joking with you) & you could not handle it, so you can stop the amateurish name calling.

If you are just now realizing that occasionally the latest drivers for a DX9 or newer video card might have issues with a processor dependent game, running some pieces of DX7 as the newest currently installed graphics code, then welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    the game doesn't seem to be as smooth with the later drivers, but I'm not seeing any major fps drop (running GTX260 on Win7 x64)
    I have the latest nVidia drivers running on a Win7 x64 tower with a GTX460 & am not noticing any FPS drop versus my Win7 x64 laptops with nVidia (GTX285m) or ATI (5870m) graphics cards, but running older drivers. Maybe he is actually having issues, but he's looking at the wrong culprits.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Feb 4th, 2011 at 23:15:13.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I've been back tracking drivers that would bring my FPS up in AO. I finally found a set that brought me up by about 90% performance increase. Mind you I should be seeing WAY better FPS, but it's much better than before.

I'm running a Nvidia GTX 580 on Win 7 64-bit.

here's a link to the driver download Nvidia 263.09

With latest drivers 266.58 I was hovering around 16-30FPS in OA Grid area, with this set of drivers I'm hovering around 30-55, and a lot less choppy UI reactions.

Seem to just be the 480's and up having problems, 260.99's are OK. Still no where near what it should be though.
    Still here

I'm using a GTX 460 with latest drivers and I've experienced a similar drop in performance lately. Very annoying. The game now runs better on my crap laptop than on my gaming rig.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Maybe they finally dropped support for wbuffer emulation? Isn't that what AO used?

using the latest update (GTX470 win 7 64) and no performance decrease noticed here, so i really doubt that it's the driver that did it.
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Its the driver, i updated to the latest drivers (266.58) and fps rate dropped ALOT, i uninstalled and reinstalled the old driver (260.99).
    Using GTX 460 on Win7 x64, so i am pretty sure its the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    Its the driver, i updated to the latest drivers (266.58) and fps rate dropped ALOT, i uninstalled and reinstalled the old driver (260.99).
    Using GTX 460 on Win7 x64, so i am pretty sure its the driver.
    Ya I just retested on another machine with a GTX 460, same issue.

This kind of sucks because other games are MEGA slow with older drivers with a GTX 580. I hope Nvidia irons this out.

This might explain my problems too. GTX 460 and using the 266.58 drivers (win 7 x64). in PvM I Average at about 6-10 FPS, at tower wars I get like 1-3 FPS. Makes everything pretty slow/hard/impossible to do.

Anyone tried the 266.35 or 263.XX drivers?

EDIT: Ah, apparently 263.09 might work better, have to try.

Im using the Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS and it runs fine O.o

Its just youtube sucks now.

This issue doesn't appear on older cards (I have an 8800, 9800, 9800GX2 that all tested fine) Only seems to be on 460's 480's / 500 series cards. Which are the newer revisions.

PS. Yes I keep a lot of video cards on hand, I build computers for people as a side hobby :P

I just got a new come with the GTX 570 SC card and im running on 10-30 fps while people with upto 3 year old ati cards are running on 100+...
    The comment about having 30-55 fps is still abselutly **** then...

Is funcom planning any fixes for these things ? the game is getting out of date insanely fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kakadoodoo View Post
    I just got a new come with the GTX 570 SC card and im running on 10-30 fps while people with upto 3 year old ati cards are running on 100+...
    The comment about having 30-55 fps is still abselutly **** then...

Is funcom planning any fixes for these things ? the game is getting out of date insanely fast
    Before you call crapola on my hours of tests install nvidia drivers (263.09) on the link I provided in that "comment" which you must have not fully read.

Alright first of all this was not ment as any form of attack on ur or ur comp... i said this as in since other people with ATI is getting 100+ and ur getting 30-55+ fps with that kinda of comp setup and with 263.09 driver its still pretty crappy.
    I read it all and i have alrdy downloaded and installed the new driver.

*With latest drivers 266.58 I was hovering around 16-30FPS in OA Grid area, with this set of drivers I'm hovering around 30-55, and a lot less choppy UI reactions.* this is in it self the answer to ur own comment on this one Memphisraves.
    Ur hours of testing is greatly apreciated mate and my comment was in no way ment as a rude statment vs u or anything.
    dont take it personal when i say im unhappy with the drivers.
    Iv been reading the forums for afew hours and the othero ther comments other than this post was that the game was simply too old.

Again the only thing about that sentence was ur testing results other than that it had nothing to do with u in any way.
    Sorry if i came off as rude but stop taking things like this personal.. thank you very much for the test tho.

Tested now with my GTX 570 SC card and getting the same result 30-60 FPS with 263.09 so its playable compeared to the 266 drivers at 10-30 fps.

i'm retracting my statement, running around in OA and such doesnt change a thing about framerate, but when i tried a pande raid i was watching a slideshow ><
    Freedom or death!
    Anything then being an Omni Tek Corporate slave!

Created 2005-11-16 (paid main that's all mine )
    Created 2005-02-03 (froobie)
    Created 2007-10-11 (second paid account because i wanted a freaking shade :P)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast