Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Morphs Model discussion

Morphs Model discussion

Separating this discussion of the main advy nano doc thread to keep a better overview.
    You can discuss or give suggestions about the planned form changes here.

Damage form: Currently Kitty

FC's Plan:
    There are plans to replace the current kitty with a Scorpiod
    We (Kintaii/FC/professionals) are asking the playerbase if we should keep the current kitty form or change it to the scorpiod model. please give us your input

Tanking form: Currently Pit lizard

FC's Plan:
    There are currently 2 morphs suggested to replace the huge pit lizard with.
    The "Horror heckler" or the "Minotaur" (found in catacombs)

Healing form: currently Tree

FC's Plan:
    FC isnt really sure yet what morph they would use to replace this.

Evasive form: Currently Wolf

FC's Plan:
    No plans to change this morph.

Concealment form: Currently Leet

FC's Plan:
    -Original Leet is not getting changed
    -New (self only) concealment form "Shadowleet"

Travel form: Currently Parrot

FC's Plan:
    No plans to change this morph.

Note: -The final Forms wont always look exact the same as the pictures. If scorpiod would make it through they most likely will do some changes about it (different colors for example)
    Last edited by TheDdevil; Feb 19th, 2011 at 19:42:26. Reason: Scorpion=scorpiod!
    Thedevil 220/30 Adventurer
    My Collage

- Damage form: personally kitty is my favorite morph. so i would like to keep it and the scorpiod morph doesn't get my interest much

- Tanking form: If i had to pick between the horror and minotaur i would pick the minotaur. but i would be also fine with a smaller pit lizard or spinnetooth

- Healing form: Been reading some suggestions of other peoples. I saw Malahs,Kolana's,Mantis,... some even suggested the pink mobs from pande. To be honest i have no idea myself what morph i would pick. so i will follow the crowd on this one.

- Wolf/leet/parrot: fine as it is imo.
    Most likely these wont get changed, because it takes a lot of time doing animations for new morphs.
    though i dont mind to lose a head and have different colors on wolf form.
    Last edited by TheDdevil; Feb 19th, 2011 at 19:44:53.
    My Collage

Damage Form, i am all for the freaky Scorpion (isn´t it a scorpiod?)

Tank Form: Stay away with those freaky horrors please and give us minotaur

Healing Form.... after all i am for mantis... or Panda

Kitty! Always been the best looking one imo
    Scorpio is not good at all, especially if we also get the awful sounds...

- Tank : spinetooth would be fun, but tbh i don't give a damn.

- Healing : the tree was awesome, so i wouldn't mind keeping a moving one. Else, maybe medusa/malah. If pink mob, it need to be resized, it's too tall.

- keep parrot/leet.
    - I never liked wolfie, maybe reshape it, single head-wolf+smaller?
    Idahoh - Adventurer

Synergy Factor

I say leave kitty. Scorpoid really doesnt impress me.

I really DO like the Horror. It just "look" like a tank should, sturdy, blocky and impervious.

Healing form...Im gonna have to explore a bit tonight, and see whats out there.

Wolf, leet and parrot are fine as they are, imho.

edit: If a one headed wolf was an option, Id like that. (good idea Ida)
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Definitely scorpion!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Damage form: Currently Kitty
    Keep this or I'm going on a kitten-killing rampage

Tanking form: Currently Pit lizard
    Minotaur

Healing form: currently Tree
    Anything but this form will probably do

Evasive form: Currently Wolf
    Keep. If model could be "normalized" please do

Concealment form: Currently Leet
    Sounds good, Shadowleet looks awsome.

Travel form: Currently Parrot
    also fine
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

FC pls don't pwn lagzilla myth!

Could we get something for the tank morph that isn't SL based? All our morphs (except tree?) are RK based designs. I'd say let's stick to those for the lower levels and maybe change top morphs to SL designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Couldn't FC overwrite our visible armor, and even social armor, with a sort-of lycanthrope-esque psuedo armor? Being closer to werewolves, weretigers, weredragons, wererats, or w/e seems more practical.

If not then how about Avian's for the flight one, the imp dudes. For the damage one I like spinetooths.

Best of all though, Eremite for the sneak morph Even letting us go underground out of visible LoS would be awesome.

There was some info about the heal form :

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Malahs and Kolaanas were on the tops of the list for the healing form, but we'll see as we get closer down the line - Honestly I kinda hate using 'humanoid'-looking mobs because it just doesn't seem to fit as well with the Adventurer 'theme' to me, I guess.
    Minotour seems like a good one for tank to me, maybe a little humanoid, but would look too good to pass up.

I'd like to see the floating Enigma as heal morph, personally. Though Malah/Medusa would work well if humanoid.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Healer: Widowmaker

Tank: Minotaur, or those random SL mission mobs with turnspirit weapons (dunno name) and the model you get depends on your faction and whether you have ranged or melee weapon equipped

Dog: Make it blue like the Nickelodeon one.

Leet: since people often use this to reduce complexity, i vote it is changed to a small cube thats like 3 pixels. it will be awesome.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

turtle for tank morph and shark that walks with tail-fin as heal morph
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    turtle for tank morph and shark that walks with tail-fin as heal morph
    Artist's rendering.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

keep kitty please.
    if you want scorpion for dmg then remove wolf and take kitty for evadeform.

Why not make kitty the tank form?

And scorpid for dmg.

For healer... no morph would be best imho - just add some visual indication like some red aura (or like the yellow circle under keeper, but red) etc.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

too bad theres no pheonix model ingame (that i can think of)... closest model that i think would work is a parrot/reet, enlarged and given a golden re-colour. only downside is the wing flapping/fluttering animation. would get annoying after a few minutes.

Medusa/Malah is a great choice. what i would use if up to me.

Kolaana would be too weird to get used to as a healer morph, and the constant back and forth movement that kolaanas do is irritating as well.

^^ the idea of the red glow beneath the feet, like the keepers golden glow, is really good idea.

no one said babyface yet, which would be a cruel joke.

no one said alien medic yet either, but thats going overboard.

------------------------------------------------

for tank morph, a notum scourge (minus the roaring noise they make) would be cool. but, i would still settle for the minataur.

-----------------------------------------------

keep the kitty for damage, it fits well.

------------------------------------------------

make wolf morph one headed plox, or three headed. two has always seemed odd for me.

also, is this going to be put into a poll once you guys (profs/devs) get a consensus on what people want the most? (would seem logical).
    |
    |
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Feb 20th, 2011 at 03:04:04. Reason: im a tard
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Scorpiod: fu**ing ugly as.

SNOW KITTEH: NICE WHITE LEOPARD.
    Fire KITTEH: Red with a big Lion mane.
    A NICE PINK UNICORN.
    SHARK MORPH: +2000 swimming TOTALLY USEFUL IN ADONIS ABYSS
    MINI t-Rex DINOSAUR
    A hippo would be awesome too.
    NEW RAT MORPH for conceal.

yep, complete new graphics, enough of the recycling.

I may or may not be serious.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

I for myself always wanted more underwater playfields like the one in Adonis, because i liked the concept and the idea pretty much (it is the same with our real world, we know more of the universe than the deep sea... so come on there MUST be something down there even on rubika), so a sharky would be a nice addition to our morph range, make it working under water only.... but don´t ask me for it´s powers, maybe every morph should be changed to some fishy thing under water just for the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post

also, is this going to be put into a poll once you guys (profs/devs) get a consensus on what people want the most? (would seem logical).
    We might put a poll up yes. but i cant say for sure yet
    My Collage

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast