Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 15th, 2011 - 10th Anniversary Content Suggestions

Funcom employee Friday with Means - April 15th, 2011 - 10th Anniversary Content Suggestions

The artists have started to arrive!

Mstrbstrd finally arrived yesterday here in Montreal...and we can expect Flaptoot to join us here on the 20th. It will be very exciting to get the whole team back together. While we had plans during the "waiting for visa period" that allowed the artists to continue to work it just wasn't the same. Also exciting is we will have our first Canadian code intern joining us on April the 25th. With more desks being installed on the 15th of May perhaps we can even find space for a couple more people to help!

Code:

The suffering was thick in the air this week as the coders dug into the Visual Studio 2010 conversion...for real this time. Previous work in the area had been to "just make it work" so they could continue rendering work. After 900+ commits outside the render branch in the last few months it was getting so the render branch and trunk "did not like each other" making the stability of the render client suspect at best...through no real fault of its own. So the happy work of converting the client, the tools, the ancient libraries in now underway in earnest. It is far from fun and I suspect I might be safer hiding in my office until it is complete.

Design:

Genele was busy working with the Agent document this week and also assessing further code changes needed for the larger picture changes for the profession and balancing work. Code changes for the new starter experience were also discussed.

Kintaii kept busy with the new non-instanced Pandemonium addition. Now with Mstrbstrd in town we can start adding the environment for Kintaii to try out his new nasties.

Lindelu dazzled us this week showing us an overview of the new additions she has been working on for the daily mission system. This means more missions and variety across all level ranges.

Metaing bravely removed the "no shade" tag from all items that had it. This significant change for the profession will be coming in the very next update (very soon)...not with the larger profession changes.

Art:

Mstrbstrd warped to Canada. Flaptoot is busy packing and I wish him luck!

QUESTION THIS WEEK:

What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary?

Where would we be without you guys? 10 years is a long time and we'd love to hear your dreams and ideas of what you would like to be there for the 10th anniversary. We'll be checking in here and adding manageable ideas of yours to our "to do" lists this week.

Have a great weekend everyone...and congratulations to Silirrion who will be getting married tomorrow!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    asdfasdf
    wut ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    wut ?
    That's German for "first"

wait, what?
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    That's German for "first"
    Weird, after living in Strasbourg for 20 years, I thought it was "erste" or something
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

8th!
    /wait...
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

Ok i think i will start with an Idea:

Bring us a Special "Mech" Version that Looks like uber Giant LEET but is a mech players can use !

Naise
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Apr 15th, 2011 at 16:10:48.

\o/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    What special events, item should be made for the 10th Anniversary?

Where would we be without you guys? 10 years is a long time and we'd love to hear your dreams and ideas of what you would like to be there for the 10th anniversary. We'll be checking in here and adding manageable ideas of yours to our "to do" lists this week.
    Tin foil hats.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Tin foil hats.
    "Barely Alive" Tshirt ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

How about adding mobs that drop the miy's cloaks for the 10th anniversary!
    I know I would greatly appreciate it
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Busy Times ahead! Congrats on getting everyone back in the same office.

10th Anniversary ideas? warp nanos to reets, the grind, etc.,
    When a man can pretend to be someone he's not... to get something he doesn't necessarily deserve. Sometimes, all you need is a lab coat.

Aztur shoulderpads..
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

first page
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

!= shade changes sounds interesting ...
    Tank Armors and expecially Tokenboards for Shades make them even stronger now =\
    YouTube

AOCharViewer

Martiadvy ~ 220 Clan Advy [Rimor]
    Proud member of Tiger Claw
    in love with Peoples Front of Judea

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast