Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Anarchy Online QQ Qontest!

Funcom employee The Anarchy Online QQ Qontest!

The Anarchy Online QQ Qontest!

Ok, so yeah. We were goofin' off in the morning meeting today for a few minutes and we decided this would be entertaining. Before we begin, two things:

#1: IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, STAY OUTTA THIS THREAD.
    #2: READ THE RULES AT THE BOTTOM OR RUN THE RISK OF GETTING ANARRINA'D

These are really big because I don't want anyone to miss them. :P

Anarchy Online is a very unique game with a very unique community. A very vocal community. A community that is more than happy to let you know precisely what they think in absolutely no uncertain terms, both devs and players alike. We're all passionate, we're all dedicated, and we're all really, really good at complaining very loudly. So with that in mind the Anarchy Online Development Team is proud to present to you The Official QQ Qontest!

Are you good at whining? Do you love letting folks know just how angry/upset/outraged you are? Are you willing to take a forums post and dissect it, piece by piece, and write a long reply over the span of the next six hours detailing in precise scientific terms how the person you are responding to is, plainly and obviously to everyone around you, completely clueless? THEN THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU! =D

We want your best QQ. Seriously, we wanna hear just how good you guys can lay it on - How much you hate the other faction, how bad you got your *** handed to you at the BS last night, or just why you think X-profession should be nerfed and nerfed hard. Heck, complain about your car, your job, the fact that you're broke - Whatever's QQ worthy is applicable, AO-related or not. In fact, just so you guys aren't alone, we'll be making our own entries in the QQ contest and lettin' it all out (i should warn you now its gonna be hard to beat macrosun today).

And just so you don't go through all that effort for nothin', our winner (as chosen by the Anarchy Online development team) will receive one THOUSAND Funcom Points for use in the shop AND a special, one-of-a-kind, absolutely unique QQ T-Shirt for use in-game (to be received around the time of the in-game birthday celebration)! And before you guys say anything, the devs and FC employees posting aren't eligible for the prize - We're just gonna enjoy taking the opportunity to blow some steam.

There's no such thing as a contest without rules, though, and these are really important so I suggest you guys pay attention.

IF YOU BREAK THE RULES, THERE'S A REALLY GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL GET MODERATED AND/OR INFRACTED. DO NOT BREAK THE RULES. DO NOT TAUNT HAPPY FUN HAT.

The Rules:

#1: IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, STAY OUTTA THIS THREAD. I said it once and it bears repeating. This is going to be really, really important once we get to rule #6.

#2: ONE POST. You get one post to QQ in, no more. If you want to change your QQ, you have until Thursday, May 19th to edit your post; multiple posts from the same person in the thread will be deleted.

#3: NO QUOTES, NO CALLOUTS, NO NAMES. Do not quote other people (either forums posts or otherwise), do not directly reference other people/orgs, do not mention names in your post. You CAN reference developer or FC comments/quotes/names/etc. etc., just not other players. Referencing ARKs is ok, but remember - We at FC get paid for this so we can thicken our skins with our paycheck. ;P ARKs are volunteers and do this outta absolutely nothing but love, so try not give 'em too much crap. XD

#4: KEEP THE **** CURSING CENSORED. I'm gonna be lax on the cursing rules in this thread, but I FULLY EXPECT each and every one of you to take anything that you might even *think* could be a curse word and blank it out with *** marks. When I see ******* in this thread, I'm going to automatically assume it stands for "cookies". :P Anything that doesn't pass my own muster, I'll be editing and replacing with ***s myself. Don't think this gives you a pass to be lazy, though - Happy Fun Hat can dole out infractions & warnings whenever he likes. ;P

#5: KEEP IT CIVIL & LIGHT-HEARTED. Yes, this is a QQ thread, but it's meant to be entertaining. We're not here to be mean and spiteful, we're here to have fun and blow some steam. It's one thing to rant and rave a bit, it's another to just be a jerk. Long as people are following rules #3 & #4, though, this shouldn't be an issue. We will, however, step in and take action if we feel someone is out of line or if things in general are just getting outta hand.

#6: REPORTING POSTS: REVERSAL OF FORTUNE! You see up at the top how it says that if you're easily offended, you should stay out of this thead? That is very important! If you think a post in this thead is just way, way outta line you are welcome to report it - This is fine! BUT!! If the moderation team, including myself, looks at your report and decides that the reported post very much *is* in the spirit of the thread and you're just being butthurt for no good reason? YOU YOURSELF WILL BE AT LEAST WARNED IF NOT INFRACTED IN A REVERSAL OF FORTUNE! This is really important and we are not kidding, so be careful before pressing that report button!

#7: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PM ME! If there's something you're unclear on regarding the contest don't take up your post in this thread asking questions - Just toss me a PM and I'll try to clarify anything I can. =)

This contest is open to everyone (both player and FC alike) and will be up until next Thursday - Winners will be announced next Friday in Friday with Means. FC personnel are not eligible for the grand prize. ARKs interested in joining should only post as their play character - Special consideration will be made for certain ARKs (that i will contact personally about this), who will also not be eligible for the grand prize.

And that's it! Make sure you've read the rules and then hit us with it! Remember, you only get one post, but you have until next Thurs. to edit it to your heart's content, so sniff a few onions, rub some salt on those wounds, and get ready to QQ like you have never QQ'd before!

PS: If this thread goes horribly wrong, I want it to be known that this was totally Means' idea. ;P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Funcom employee

this is going to go so, so badly i can see it already

ok so i'm already breaking the rules but i can do that because i'm awesome - the rest of you guys need to follow that stuff for real

note: this is not my qq - i will have more qq later (i always have a lot of qq to share)

also for the record this thread is like twenty times more hilarious if you really do replace *** marks with the appropriate version of "cookie"

i also wanna say that i love you guys and this thread is the greatest thing i have witnessed in years, ao or otherwise - seriously every single post in here is golden in its own special way and you guys kick ***
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

here's my gripe on nt's. the ****ing combination of ****ing cb+doubles is ****ing retarded. an NT can permanently and completely ignore someone's entire defensive toolset and and kill them in a matter of seconds. the amount of whines would be astronomical if fixers' LICC nano had a check of 50% dodge range and debuffed evades by 3k for 1 minute. alternatively imagine if agent's aimedshot hit 3 times and ignored reflects. add this to the fact that nr is horribly broken and you get players in tl4 gear with the brain capacity of a Goldfish Cracker running around bs pressing exactly 3 buttons (wwwwwwwwwwwwwww, CB, double double double you gained 100 pvp solo score) and managing to rack up effortless ****ing wins against players with far superior gear and skill. and the sad thing is that the only way to prevent dying from this brokenly op ****ing mechanic is an EXTREMELY situational and highly dangerous sacrifice (nr8) that very few players can actually afford to make.

make nt's a harder prof to play please, i've already smashed 3 keyboards out of anger.

EDIT: make that 4 keyboards. i need a new one after typign this up.
    Last edited by CuisinartBlade; May 13th, 2011 at 17:42:43.

*cracks fingers* okay. Where to start...

1st of all I want to adress Kintaii and Means. I meet the two of you last year at the Funcom fan convention in Oslo. I asked you a question about a certain location in Elysium that's been bothering me for ages. You agree'd to find out for me what the "deal" there was, but I never heard from you again. Not even after I poked you several months later asking again, politely of course. So what the cookie? Are you too good to take a few minutes to dig up something, anything at all about it's purpose? It's not like I was asking for much, and if you knew you couldn't answer it maybe you should have said so in the first place so I didn't wait around for ages hoping to get a PM or mail or whatever? I don't care if you got drunk off your cookie that day, I still think you are both a bag of cookies.

2nd Why must Atroxes have such a hard cookie time getting their endgame symbiants in?! I have more or less all the buffgear possible, save a ring that have about 3-4 less INT on it than could be, and I still can't do any alphas other than the ones that require sense. I have seen it done several times, but I can't figure that cookie out! Everyone else Have a fairly easy time doing it, maybe not Nanomages, but they still have it somewhat better than us I believe. It just pisses me off that other breeds can do it easy as piss, but Troxes even with all available buff gear still have a hell of a hard time.

3rd Where the fark is the goddamn engine? I saw it at the convention, it looked good. But all you keep posting are the stupid head model/texture pictures. Makes it look like you don't have much else to showcase in public, which puts you in a bad spot honestly.

4th Could you do some more froob advertising or something? The game is so goddamn dead right now it's not even funny anymore, the BS barely runs anymore, on RK2 atleast. It really sucks when that's mostly what's left to do when you have finished your PVM grinds or you are just cookie bored of them due to cookie droprates, and it being repetitive as hell!

5th Give us more stuff to do more often! There needs more endgame challenges, it doesn't even have to be insanely powerful items, just give us something fun to do, like a daily or something. Or more efficient ways to make money, or just something really difficult that we can brag about defeating.

6th Stop messing with Enforcer nano's in the rebalance, most of the changes are outright retarded, and I really wonder what the cookie you guys are trying to pull off over there sometimes. You know what I mean, just read the outrageous replies to the suggestions you made a while back.

7th The guards in places like West Athen should be removed, atleast the Level 200 Vanguards, it really killed all PVP there. And that's a poor business model Imho making the PVP less spontaneous and more restricted to BS or Arena. Make PVP more open and free, not putting out high level guards to kill all the fun. I thought this cookie game's name is ANARCHY Online after all. Not Guards on duty in the city Online. Not like anyone who don't want to PVP will be affected anyway, you can't just force flag someone without them using something like Mongo or other AOE. Or just are too retarded and attacks a person. I wish painful death upon the person responsible for that. Also eat a bag of cookies!

8th What the cookie is this cookie concerning BORING quest chains. OH MY GOD the Scheol Quests makes me want to cookie and pillage at your office! And don't get me started on the cookie Dust Brigade quests on RK, NOT TO FORGET the one in Neretva. And let me also remind you of that mother cookie quest chain in Arid Rift with the cookie snare towers that you cookie munchers invented! Oh and did I forget to mention the Adonis Quest for the brain symbiant? Good cookie luck doing that without the aid of atleast one TL7 and even more luck finding a full team of TL5's to do that, cause that many active people online at the same time this game ain't got!

9th Why the cookie is there nobody available at the support staff to help us with petitions? I am ok with waiting my turn, but you guys take it to a whole new level when Im 1rst in line for 3 hours before I just log off because whatever the cookie that happened is long gone by the time any of you cookie polishers are done cookie'n off in the toilet stalls. Seriously get your cookies together!

10th Do something about the buttcookie'd economy in this game, the credits you recive from dead mobs and missions are LAUGHABLE! A new person starting from scratch don't stand a chance in hell of being up to date on gear, and hell, even for us settled in players the cost off basic implants and shop armor and weapons is way steep. There needs to be more and better ways to make some money from PVM or hell, PVP if you want. Just make it easier for people to afford alien cities, and shop buyable stuff for twinks and newly rolled alts. And whatever else that is expensive and shop buyable.

11th As a Enforcer (Good example) I find it harder than Ron Jeremy's cookie to heal up in a reasonable time when I have taken a severe beating, Sure there is Bio Regrowth but it's got a several minutes long recharge, and bar that or having a healer you are cookie out of luck. You try heal up 40.000 HP With some cookie stim that heal you for about a thousand HP if you got really good First Aid, or some equally cookie kit that heals a couple K's. WTC!?

12th Why the cookie do Omni's always get favored in this game? They got (for the most part) way better buff items and other items and I think that a load of cookies! And I don't buy the whole RP reasoning behind it either.

13th And you ARK people, FK YOU! I sit with a petition for hours and someone finally DO show up for a change, guess what? You can't help me because you don't have the necessary tools. Then you pass the case along to the next higher rank support personell which means MORE WAITING! The ARK initiative is a good idea on paper, but you should have MORE PAID STAFF to help with people's problems whenever they do happen.

14th And that brings me over to the GM's, Seriously guys, when I have a big problem sometimes, with stuff not spawning properly from a tradeskill process, item bugs, or any other similar problem, you have the FKn balls to make me sit and wait for you to come help me in the first place, THEN you tell me you can't actually help, and THEN you ask me "Is there anything else we can do for you?" "No." "Have a nice day then!" Fak Jo!

Real Life QQ:
    GF of 3 and a half years dumped me on christmas. I work a cookie underpaid job as tech support, and my Podagra makes my life tough cookie.
    Last edited by mjuler; May 15th, 2011 at 16:13:03. Reason: I can't spell.
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

New endgame raid content. New Engine. Profession balance. Updated installer. Launcher. Tower war updates. Done.

PS. I don't need to say "population", since everything in the preceding is what is needed to fix that.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Bring on the MILFs!

This isn't the most awesome QQ in the world, this is a QQ about the most awesome QQ in the world.
    Last edited by If6Was9; May 18th, 2011 at 17:03:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

LOL

WAIT A ENTIRE MINUTE! You are taking three thousant years to release Engine, two thousant years to release Rebalance, NERFING MPS TILL THE DEATH and dare to make this kind of useless thread only to make a big fuzz which Means will laugh a lot and will make New Panda content be postponned for one more thousant year! /shrug

EDIT02:
    I played this game since 2006 entirely as MP (6months on froob Trader and last months on Enf). Which means I played alone online from lvl 1 to 215. Do you know why? BECAUSE MPS DO NOTHING GOOD (ever if they do, players dont perseive it). Lucklly I was 215 back the time when MPs become uber by Tigress.

After ding 220 all teams and raids I was were either Org or Zergbot or "I was teh leader" situation. I played a MMO alone just because I didnt picked Crat or Soldier instead of MP.

After a long time of zergbots experience I managed to be top3 DD there. "OHHHHH I'm in KillTeam" What FC did? RAID INTERFACE!!! My way to help in raids (DD) gone, since noone see MP DD when there are a huge zerg on the other side JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE PPL EVER WHEN 3 OF THEN TOGETHER CANT OD ME!!!

After that I though: "MPs should have some kind of true support". Crats have Init debuffs which blocks MP DD debuffs; NTs/Traders have better tools to fill nano (cause they are passive); Advs/MAs heal better than MPs and provide more static defense. Etc etc etc... ad infinitum.

AKA MPs was dommed.

Then one day I heard of Rebalance. I felt so damn happy. "FINALLY THE MP WILL BE NO GIMP ANYMORE". "THEY WILL GIVE US USEFULL STUF, TOP 1 NANOREGEN AND SUCH!!!" After many many months of pure happyness, excitement, expectation and positive thoughts, FC release the so expected MP nanodocumentation.

In first read: W00t new pets. Uber DD debuffs. Bow creations!!
    Look again: WTF?? Where are Dominates and CoC.
    And again: WHAT?! 3s/3s speed on Bows? WTH WITH SUCH SLOWPOKENESS?!!???!!!!!!!!!111!!!!
    And again: 20s immunite after 10s debuff. Oh GOD! Why WHY?!
    And again: Where are the thinks that will make MPs desired?
    And again: HELL! WHAT IS IN THE DEVS BRAIN TO DO SUCH PVM NERF I MOST GIMPED PROFESSION EVER?
    And again: Did Nanodoc Devs ever played MP

And then, NT nanodoc arrived. With good debuffs, op nanoregen and 1/1 Cyberdecks. YEAH MP RAGED

WHY THE HELL GIVE THOSE STUFF TO NTs WHO ARE OP INSTEAD TO HATECHILDREN MPs?!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah! Ofc I dont care about those changes. They dont affect me. OH WAIT! I'm a 11s AS heavy debuffer MP. /shrug

OH But I have one Enf as well! No worries! They are loved at least. OH WAIT! 10k taunt on last Mongo and 18k taunt on last Malice?! What kind of joke is that? Ah, no problem, they improved the taunt on procs. OH WAIT! They didnt.

What make me ask: Did you devs played on Enf as tanky tank? I mean... Sector 42 with all those aliums? Do you know that.... if you stop to mongo, DDers get agroo? With current 25k mongo taunt?! NOW GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH 10k TAUNT ON IT!

QQ
    Last edited by lainbr; May 16th, 2011 at 19:51:57.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    this is going to go so, so badly i can see it already

ok so i'm already breaking the rules but i can do that because i'm awesome

the rest of you guys need to follow that stuff for real
    I hate you. You know that, right?

Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Reserved for the six hour long rant.

Redesine covers pretty much everything that most of us feel on page 6 of this thread. However, I will keep my original thoughts:

**** Anarchy Online **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Funcom **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** engine update nearing 4 years "in development" **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** rebalance is nearing 3 years "in development" **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** noob island revamp is nearing 3 years "in development" **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Duke Nukem Forever is released before those go into beta??? WTF? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Soon™??? Really? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Soon™ no longer works as intended. **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** population has been hemorrhaging since six months after the initial announcement that the engine update would be coming Soon™! **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** currently requires multiple full paid accounts so we can multilog level 220 toons to be an escort for quests claimed to be designed for toons many, many levels lower... some 100 levels lower? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** lag on a quad core system with a 12mb connection **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** I stink at PvP but would be willing if new battlestation maps were added and set to random **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** low population requires red vs. blue instead of clan vs. omni for years, yet our requests go ignored **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Annoying small things everyone knows about, yet have not been fixed **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** Can't "Mark Forums Read" **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** outdated website with requests to fix it for years **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** cookies where the sun doesn't shine!

/thread
    Last edited by Tazalanche; May 17th, 2011 at 21:28:28.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Whoever came with these rules is a cookiehat.

I have some serious problems with the rules for this thread. Luckily for you I will share them in small words.

Rule No. One? Please. Don't try to dictate how I play these forums based on how you think they should be played. Get over yourself, cookiehat.

Rule Two? Srsly? As if post-count mattered. Plus, you know, the population isn't what it used to be. Even the trolls and fanbois are groaning to get FWM up to 4 pages. I LOLed at this one.

Rule Three? Presumably this is where FC demonstrates that they care about the playerbase or some cookie. No one is fooled. Still Alive t-shirts IRL say 'I care,' not some forum nerf.

Rule Four? I can sort of understand this one. Not everyone speaks English as their first language (I blame their parents, not them) so to avoid confusion it's probably best to leave this open to interpretation. Still, sometimes you need to drop a f-bomb or two to really drive a point home to the clueless.

Rule Five? /facepalm See my response to Rule One. I cba to waste any more of my valuable time explaining to you people what a cookietard precedent this sets.

Rule Six. This one is ok too. At least with this one, we know there's "somebody home" when it comes to moderation. Frankly, I'm looking forward to the change.

I get so ****** off sometimes when i am forced to be running around in borealis doing nothing but jumping up and down in hope of some ******* events that some of the bloody lazy ARKs can host, this is so annoying, oh and please, make our bloody MPS better cause its so damn stupid that we cannot get any teams anymore, seriously, it took my mp like five years to get from 151 (where i got paid) to 220, just simply because everyone hates mp, they think they're useless..

Also, the price of this game is outrageous, why is it so high? serioulsy, its one of the worst populated mmo and still the most expensive, there's not much support, no good lookin' graphics anymore and i am forced to pvp against same people every dam* time, seriouysly, make some changes.. ><..

****ing wall of text again, tl;dr
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

I have thought long and hard about this, and here’s what gets my goat beyond all else. It used to be that you could decide to do hecks in Ado, open lft, and grab a team of 6 from random people on lft to take a section of brink to just kill for hours. You knew when you grabbed these people from lft that they knew how to play their toons. You didn’t have to worry about receiving tells before they accept asking if there was a pocket, or a crat, cause they only want to power-level to 160+ so they can be dragged through inf mishs while on /afk.

You used to be able to get teams for Pen mishs, or to do a group Pen quest, or a group Ado quest, or some other part of the game that is no longer played. The interaction with other people in the game, meeting people from all over the world, randomly helping people who might not be able to do something on their own. Now you’re lucky to pick up a team after hours on lft, if you aren’t lucky enough to have an active org.

There used to be a time when I could not get into an Inf easy mish team until I got to 200, if I was lucky, because the mishs required a little more skill than the little toons could provide. Now, I can get into a team of people I don’t know at 160. Not saying that I don’t appreciate the invites, please don’t get me wrong, but there used to be a time when no one considered inviting a 160-195 toon unless they were an orgmate.

Maybe someday soon, people will take the time to learn how to play their toons as they level, thus creating teams at all level ranges again. I hold out hope that the day arrives when I can log on any toon I have and see an active lft, with messages other than “wth kite team, have tank” or “kite team with pocket lf crat”.
    Last edited by Annstas; May 17th, 2011 at 21:57:34.
    Proud President of Militia of Vindication

Life is not meant to arrive at the grave sedately in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways shouting, "Man, what a ride!!!!"

I'd like to join the Qontest! But i can't cause i've been already anarrinaed badly!

And Anarrina is around o.o

*hides*

Oh boy! Good thing i dont QQ at all, because otherwise this post would be ****ing HUGE!

However...
    Gustatus similis pullus.

my grip is...
    when will we get the "kitcken sink" in the "ingame store" ...that's what stopping me from playing ao....hours and hours spent ...wasted when you can just buy "token, rare social like beast armor" in the "ingame store"...might as well put in the "new graphic engine" and milk the anarch cash cow...seesh!...the vetern vending machine is a joke....it used to be that only vets get cool items..such as beacon items to warp oneself....that's the effort and glory of being a long time player...and when tokens appeared in vet vend machine..it was okay..cause usaully vets can only get it...gotta pay your "Anarch dues" and with effort you can get them.

now..."you can buy anything practically in the ingame store".... "kitchen sink coming to an ingame store near you" soon(tm)

AO cash cow says" Massive Online Owns!"

in other words:

AO Cash cow says "M.O.O.!"
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; May 13th, 2011 at 18:29:53.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I got picked to be an MP professional shortly before every unique, meaningful profession tool we have was announced as being either nerfed (Damage Debuffs), nerfed to oblivion (SoZ, NSD) or deleted (Sacrificial Shielding, Dominates, Curse of Chronos). But at least my personal playstyle will still be supported - oh wait, I'm a de-buff crazed SoZ enthusiast.

Ah well, MPs don't pay much attention to such announcements, so it's not like they spawned 46 pages and counting of volcanic rage or anything, or thought that gutting our debuffs was my idea and blamed me for it. And at least NTs didn't get a nearly perfect nano-doc immediately following ours including exactly the weapon we needed and crazy good nano-regeneration on target (thus taking over the one remaining role that could have gotten us teams for a reason other than the pity of orgmates) or anything. And I'm certainly glad Kintaii didn't pop in and announce some completely inexplicable nerf to MPs who picked our one reasonably low IP cost, high IP maxing weapon skill (Pistol) which has been supported for MPs since the game launched (dang it, a string of curse words just went through my mind - the last time that happened was in response to sharp physical pain).

Whatever I did to provoke this, I'm really, really sorry.

Edit: But at least I didn't do whatever Anarrina did to bring this thread down upon her!

PS: I predict an NT wins this contest.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; May 13th, 2011 at 18:34:28.

I wrote out a long list and it wouldn't even let me submit it. How is that to start a QQ? So I had to QQ twice!

This game has so many mechanics that are broken, partially broken, or just don't make sense. The amount of QQ you see every week proves the legitimacy. No other game I've seen has EVER had the amount of QQ this game does.

It also stands no other game has the level of complexity or possible awesome factors as this game. So, with such a great game...why can't there be great balance? The fact is more content keeps coming up, rather then fixing the OLD issues, and OLD mechanics that are in place. These are the questions I ask myself --

Who uses Heavy weapons/grenades? Who IP's into B&E for non-chest/tradeskilling purposes? Who IP's swimming, AT ALL? Why do MP's feel so gimp? Are traders more then wrangle/ransack mules? How much harder will content be when crats init debuffs don't easy mode everything? Why not do server merge first, to support the members who've been here for UP TO 10 years (who pays the bills?)?

These questions and more are things we ask ourselves every day, but some have been issues for over 5+ years. That is when we, the gamers, wonder what is being done to fix these mechanics. THAT, WITHSTANDING, is out you KEEP playerbase and build reputation. Means could have more love if he just took the time to build reputation and tell the community of more positive news.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; May 16th, 2011 at 09:07:08. Reason: Can't even edit this post...QQ ffs. I even wrote out a nice QQ
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

I don't QQ about things, I state true facts about problems that exist, but are worded in such ways that people seem to take offense to the statements. God damn ****ers need to learn how to take **** properly.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast