Anarchy Online Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Anarchy Online Bulletin Board > Game Suggestions > Game Suggestions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 02:55:09   #1
Mandavel
Official Barbarian
 
Mandavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
New way to travel

How bout we make it really easy for people to travel by giving almost every prof a meep nano?
What? They already did that? okay, well...

How bout we let everyone fly like MP's, free of charge!
Oh. Well...

How bout we implement a system where all you have to do is tap a spot on a map and you are instantly teleported to that precise location, free of charge!

In fact, why not just make the game so easy, an unborn fetus can go anywhere and do anything with almost no challenge at all!
__________________
My Leetsauce brings all the noobs to the yard
And they're like GIEV SORD PL0X

Last edited by Anarrina; Jun 30th, 2011 at 21:48:00.. Reason: removed obscenity
Mandavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:00:44   #2
Ayria
One Who Has Ideas
 
Ayria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Oh yes, cause letting people fly is just a total degradation of the gameplay.
__________________
Enter the Information Age
Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile


Rimor
Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:18:53   #3
Gatester
The Fencesitter
 
Gatester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
So you are saying all the flight based gameplay has been ruined because of jet packs?
Gatester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:57:55   #4
Lazy
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
 
Lazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
How bout we let everyone fly like MP's, free of charge!
um... you're a couple years late
__________________
Operator Elitist "Lazyfixer" Jerk || 220/30/70 trox Fixer || lol im so good at pvp || Fixer PVP Guide
Doctor "Lazydoc" Greenthumb || 220/30/67 nm Doctor
Ubringshame "Sarariman" Tofamiry || 220/30/xx soli crat || DD || Solo
Amg "Lazypewpew" Lazors || 220/27/67 soli solja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genele View Post
we all know that Neutrals are Omni light!
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 15:50:52   #5
Mandavel
Official Barbarian
 
Mandavel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
Fly LIKE MPs.

I think that FC is ridding AO of challenge. Before all the easy-mode travel, it used to be dangerous (and lengthy) for low levels to traverse certain areas of the map. Now anyone can get anywhere, and there's no challenge. FC is making AO easier (easier as in less dangerous, and easier as in less complicated) and I'm not a happy panda.

The changes to BS, being able to teleport anywhere from decon, are the same way. There's no challenge now. *BAM* all my team are in core right at the start of the round, and we have already established a foothold. We've won. There's no more mad dashing to the core with only the fastest surviving.

FC is failing monumentally in my holobook.
__________________
My Leetsauce brings all the noobs to the yard
And they're like GIEV SORD PL0X
Mandavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 15:54:28   #6
Autohead
Not Asian Enough
 
Autohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
So tell them with your wallet if you hate it so much.
__________________
Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent
Autohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 17:12:27   #7
Ayria
One Who Has Ideas
 
Ayria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandavel View Post
Fly LIKE MPs.
And besides the visual aspect how is flying like MPs different then flying like a yalm owner?
__________________
Enter the Information Age
Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile


Rimor
Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 17:48:21   #8
lainbr
MP Professional
 
lainbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
And besides the visual aspect how is flying like MPs different then flying like a yalm owner?
The slap in MPs faces. But who cares? ^^
__________________
Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.
lainbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 17:57:52   #9
Autohead
Not Asian Enough
 
Autohead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
MPs don't use a jetpack to fly, therefore using a jetpack is not flying like an MP.
__________________
Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent
Autohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 18:52:01   #10
-Klod-
Relic
 
-Klod-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
MPs don't use a jetpack to fly, therefore using a jetpack is not flying like an MP.
The stance is the same. It's confusing. People will get harassed by multiple "ci/cm plx" requests. For the love of god(s), think of teh people... Oh, wait...
__________________
Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds
-Klod- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 19:15:45   #11
Ayria
One Who Has Ideas
 
Ayria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
The slap in MPs faces. But who cares? ^^
I hardly see it as a slap in the face. Because the animation is the same it's an encouragement into the special aspects of MPs? I thought MPs were special because of their pets and nano skill buffing rather then a single animation.

If flight was a unique game mechanic to MPs then I could see the source of indignation at it being given to others - as is flight is not unique to MPs and never has been. Simply because the animation is reused from QW rather then some new animation (or none as in the case of yalms) doesn't mean it's a slap in MPs faces.

It's the same reason I don't care that everyone can now have "Agent's Cloak" from Nomads. The cloak visual effect doesn't make my Agent any less an Agent, or others any more of an Agent - it's just a look. The mechanics behind what I have (ie the conceal from ruse rather then the size) is what I care about.
__________________
Enter the Information Age
Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile


Rimor
Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 20:18:57   #12
-Klod-
Relic
 
-Klod-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
I hardly see it as a slap in the face. Because the animation is the same it's an encouragement into the special aspects of MPs? I thought MPs were special because of their pets and nano skill buffing rather then a single animation.

If flight was a unique game mechanic to MPs then I could see the source of indignation at it being given to others - as is flight is not unique to MPs and never has been. Simply because the animation is reused from QW rather then some new animation (or none as in the case of yalms) doesn't mean it's a slap in MPs faces.

It's the same reason I don't care that everyone can now have "Agent's Cloak" from Nomads. The cloak visual effect doesn't make my Agent any less an Agent, or others any more of an Agent - it's just a look. The mechanics behind what I have (ie the conceal from ruse rather then the size) is what I care about.
You are wrong. QW was (one of the) MP's main signature. I remember how freaking awesome I felt when I casted it for the first time.
__________________
Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds
-Klod- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 20:40:53   #13
Ayria
One Who Has Ideas
 
Ayria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
How is my opinion wrong?
__________________
Enter the Information Age
Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile


Rimor
Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 20:57:54   #14
-Klod-
Relic
 
-Klod-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
How is my opinion wrong?
Because QW (for MPs at least) is more then just a flight stance.
__________________
Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds
-Klod- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 21:19:49   #15
Ayria
One Who Has Ideas
 
Ayria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Not in my opinion - which is what I stated.

Disagree with me, fine. But that doesn't make my opinion wrong
__________________
Enter the Information Age
Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile


Rimor
Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."
Ayria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 22:25:25   #16
Notcrattey
Shade Pro
 
Notcrattey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Half of my MPs don't even have QW loaded, I could care less.
__________________
Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Flykites 213/29/50 Nano-Technician // World 171/24/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/19/35 Engineer
Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!
Notcrattey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 22:55:50   #17
Biancha
Supa Leet
 
Biancha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I felt sad for MPs losing one of the little things that made them a little unique when i saw the jetpack came out, even though I think the packs are cool.

It's sort of like if a birthday item made anyone as small as an agent, or as tall as an enforcer. Not a huge issue really but just one more way of making AO more same-y.
Biancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 23:35:58   #18
szuzu
Eleet
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
It's not just that it looks like QW - it's far superior to QW, in every way:

nearly instacast (vs 12/3)
infinite duration (vs 30 minutes)
no NCU or nano cost (vs 32)
doesn't cancel when you zone indoors or leave the grid
etc etc

There is absolutely no reason to use QW ever again. To make up for this, I suggest they allow QW in SL
szuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 23:50:42   #19
Notcrattey
Shade Pro
 
Notcrattey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by szuzu View Post
I suggest they allow QW in SL
Bump!
__________________
Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Flykites 213/29/50 Nano-Technician // World 171/24/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/19/35 Engineer
Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!
Notcrattey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 01:43:39   #20
Towerblock
Supa Leet
 
Towerblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Things to note when you think about mp's flying:

1. Advies been doing it since launch.
2. Mp's have never been too special.
3. Yalms (thank you to who posted the link)
4. Birds did it way before humans.
5. Johnson and Johnson baby. No more tears.
__________________
Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
President of Steadfast


Too many alts to list...
Towerblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:01:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © Funcom 1999 - 2006