Thread: 10th Anniversary Item Drops

10th Anniversary Item Drops

AO Tenth Anniversary Items and Drop locations

The Following social items drops off the Desert Nomads in Newland, Newland Desert, Mort, Broken Shores, and Perpetual Wastelands

Also, these same MOBs also drop Desert Nomad Armor a new set of twinking/buffing armor in QL 1-300 depending on zone. This armor is esentially reskineed Mya' Sanqi Armor usually available at Halloween, with 2 notable exceptions: The Helmet buffs Int/Psy and the new back armor buffs Nanoskills. Like Lya's all pieces are NODROP, but not UNIQUE. Here's the armor list at QL300:

In addition. the following quest items drop of the same Desert Nomads. These are given to "The Tinker" on the NE end of Stolts Trading Post in Newland Desert. The Tinker needs 5000 to spawn the Desert Rider Event.

The Desert Rider Event is largely High End content. The Rider is a 220 boss MOB with extreme hitpoints and 5K nukes. In addition, he spawns several adds, Fanatic Desert Nomads as well. Fortunately these are only QL1. Any lowbie trying to take part will probably die, but might manage to loot some of the nomads before doing so.

The Fanatic Desert Nomads drop the following items.

Finally, when the Desert Rider Drops, he has 6 of the following items:

Also after the rider is defeated, a jar (called a torch) appears next to the corpse. Right clicking on it would award you a Ganimedes Personal Jetpack. However, due to people crowding the jar and making it unclickable, this item has been made available in the FunCom Shop for 0 points for a limited time. This item is NODROP UNIQUE, and is convertable with a screwdriver to become Ganimedes Personal Jetpack - Visored.

And finally The following items are available ONLY via in-game store in the "Social Items" section:

I think that's everything, if I've missed an item, let me know.
    Last edited by Namiru; Jul 6th, 2011 at 03:49:15.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Excellent Work!
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

I don't think you missed any items (unless you count sauna items). However, mentioning might be a good place to mention 2 other events: Sandstorms and Nomad Tunnels.

- Sandstorm: Was spawned now and then last week (might have been replaced by nomad tunnels during the last days). There is a global announcement containing coords when this event happens. You get a Desert Nomad boss and several adds (both desert nomads and fanatic desert nomads). When he dies, he throws around boxes and if one falls on your head you get a Clio; also some Burning Torches spawn.

- Nomad Tunnels: Since a few days there are desert tunnels opening up now and then; there is a local (zone-wide) announcement when this happens, containing coordinates. The entry and design of the tunnels, looks like some RK missions. There is desert nomads and Fanatic desert nomads inside. After a few lifts you get to the boss-room containing a desert nomad boss. Boss also spawns both kinds of nomads and when he dies you get a few messages about gifts being hidden. Apparently packages with nomad armor ql 300 and Yalmaha Clio's have been hidden throughout the mission.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I don't think you missed any items (unless you count sauna items).
    Those were being handled nicely in another thread. I didn't see the necessity to repeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    However, mentioning might be a good place to mention 2 other events: Sandstorms and Nomad Tunnels.
    I THOUGHT about mentioning those, but they are GM run events and not a constant ongoing event, which makes them hard to quantify.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Wasn't the Premium Nano Crystal (Pronouncement of Magnanimity) (for 1100 points in the FC shop) also released for the tenth anniversary?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Wasn't the Premium Nano Crystal (Pronouncement of Magnanimity) (for 1100 points in the FC shop) also released for the tenth anniversary?
    I never seen it if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Hmmm...is that a limited offer or is it just a new store item?

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    Hmmm...is that a limited offer or is it just a new store item?
    I think it was just released for the store only, haven't heard of it at all in regards to drops from anniversary mobs.

Friendly bump, nice work
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Added "Premium Nano Crystal (Pronouncement of Magnanimity)" and "Heckler Pet (Heckler of Celebration)" to the list of anniversary shop items.

Sorry to bump this. Is this still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post
    Sorry to bump this. Is this still going on?
    The NPCs that drop these have been gone for over a month.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    The NPCs that drop these have been gone for over a month.
    Ahh is there any events of any kind now? I noticed heckler hats <3

Nothing else until the Halloween festivities in October.

As to the hecklers still wearing the hats, either they plan on those remaining for the entire 10th year, or the Devs forgot to remove them.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™