Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [OMNI] Pack of Noobs

[OMNI] Pack of Noobs

I wanted to announce the creation of a new org called "Pack of Noobs"

This org is ran by Ipewpewu, and its goal is to help new players learn the mechanics of Anarchy Online.
    It was launched in July 2011, with a city, and everything that an end-game org has, except, it's full of people that just joined the game.
    It has now 140 members and it's growing everyday.

If you see them on Rubi-ka, stop by and say hello, and if they have a question, please help them.
    "Pack of Noobs" are building the future generations of Omnis that will eventually fight alongside with us. They are like a school, teaching the new members everything needed to be successful on RK. Some of these members, I'm sure, might become our next leaders. They are the future of AO.

Thank you Ipewpewu to carry this amazing mission forward, and good luck in the success of your org.

I like your org. I like the values in which it is creating. I want to expand your learning grounds, please send me a tell to Vampirefix next time you're around in game.
    __________________________________________▓▓▓
    _________________________________________▓▒▒▒▓▓
    ____________________▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄__________▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ___▓▓▓▓▓____▄█████▓▓▓▓▓▓░░███████▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ____▓▒▓▒▓▓▓██▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ______▓▒▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ______█▓▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▒▒▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▓
    ____▄█▓▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓
    ___█▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓▒▓▒▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▓
    __█▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░█████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    __█▓▓▓█▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▒▌__▓█_____▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    _▐█▓▓█▓▓▓█▓▓████▒▒▒▒▒▒▌__▓▓█▄____▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    _▐█▓█▓▓▓▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌__▓▓█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    __█▓█▓▓██_▅▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▐___▓▓█▄_██▓▓▄▅▅▒▒▒▓
    __█▓▓██__▅▄▄▄▌__▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▐___▓▓▓████▓▅▅▄▒▒▒█
    __█▓█_________▓▄___▀▒▒▒▒▒▐____▓▓▓▓▓▓▅▅▄▒▒▒██
    __██___________▓▓█▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▌________▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓█▌
    _________________▓▓███▒▒▒▒▒▐____▒▒▒██▒▒██▓██▌
    ___________________▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓██▓▓██▓▌
    ____________________▓▒▒▄▒▒▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█
    ___________________▓▒▒▒▒▒▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▓███▓▓▓█▓▓█▌
    _____________________▓▓▓▄▀▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓██

Thank you Ocene for the great endorsement,

This org is very new, but our mission is very much in effect, we've seen many new players who have just been lost able to now be able to survive in this game. I think our best success is the people who have picked up so quickly on using implants, and crunching numbers to figure out the best way to put on new gear that might have otherwise confused somebody after newbie island.

We have done low level raids, and one of our org members didn't just make their first million, but due to great luck they made their first 60m, very lucky person, and very well deserved. These are people who have learned to help each other, and as such we have a very friendly, and active org chat.

We have people from outside the org that help people learn everything they need to play this game successfully, and it just amazes me how dedicated this community can be. I have seen many people who have claimed that AO is dying, to them I say do something about it. This game is not dead, it's very much alive, and with help from everybody involved in this organization new people are retaining their characters, and giving this game a chance. You can all be part of this in one way or another, and we welcome your help, whether a chat consultant, or a full fledged member of pack of noobs you can all help make a difference, and we are making that difference.

Thank you Ocene for all the help you've been with supplying our Bot, helping us to spread the word, and really believing in our mission, this org will not fail, we will not lose sight of our mission, and we will not give up.

We have currently put in a request with Gridstream productions to throw a party with us on July 30th, I will include more details as things get more official. Feel free to contact myself or heavykeep for more information on this organization.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

any org designed to teach people new things and how to make it by in this game, has a stamp of approval for me, even the omni ones.

Apone would approve.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Org update:

New website is coming along very nicely, as well as new organization forums. Have yet to hear back from GSP to see if they will do our party, but if not we'll party anyhow! we passed the 150 member mark, in fact we shot strait into the 160s (169 as of last update, and we recruited somebody today) Our orgs facebook page is up and running, and our chat is very active. We have also started to get involved in towers, we were off defending from a clan attack recently, it was a fail as we had to work hard to try and explain how to get to tower sites, but it's a learning experiance, and better luck next time

Org Recruitment status: Org is open for new recruits

Send tell to Ipewpewu , Drwalker, or heavykeep for an org invite!

For those who haven't noticed yet, Pack of Noobs now also has a Neutral organisation!

Pack of Neut. Noobs is perfectly relayed to the omni organisation!

For some other exciting news, we also have a website coming up with some cool things. Hopefully we'll have this done by the end of the month!

Pack of Noobs is a good place to hang out

Did you know Pack of Noobs and Pack of Neut Noobs are both active on the Funcom IRC channel as well? And that the IRC channel is relayed to both organisations ingame?

Join us in #packofnoobs on irc.funcom.com for good newbie fun time!

Aaand I am proud to announce the Pack of Noobs website is up and running! We will register a cool domain soon (tm).

Belated edit, now has domain at http://packofnoobs.com.
    Last edited by Arguru; Dec 9th, 2011 at 08:49:26.

Quote Originally Posted by IonButterfly View Post
    Pack of Noobs is a good place to hang out
    Thanks Ionbutterfly we do our best!

Pack of Noobs is starting an org bank with simple items such as carb armor and such that we can give out to our org members to help them out. If you've got a bunch of this stuff laying around, and want to donate it for the cause contact ipewpewu.

Just joined up yesterday, and I'm totally not regretting it. Great bunch of people!

Talked to Arguru yesterday, but then he disappeared. Would still really like to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by cerberos View Post
    Talked to Arguru yesterday, but then he disappeared. Would still really like to join you.
    You've been in for a few days now. Welcome!

So here's the latest updates from us:
    - We have formed an alliance with Spiral Tribe, and these organisations are relayed.
    - We have a website! www.packofnoobs.com.
    - We have a registered IRC channel, also relays to ingame! #packofnoobs @ irc.funcom.com.
    - I started a little sideproject that hopefully will become well-known on RK2. More details soon (tm).

Also I'd like to invite everyone over to our fresh forums at www.packofnoobs.com and into IRC.
    Last edited by Arguru; Dec 9th, 2011 at 08:49:56.

Very exited about some cool directions the orgs going, while maintaining our core values. We continue to be an org for new people, and about new people. People of all level of course are welcome, and that's the beauty, on organization utopia has formed. We've got a VERY cool future project that's in the works, and it's sure to have a major impact on the whole server, and our org continues to be very active. (34 people online last weekend holds the record for the org so far) We have recently promoted two new generals, Madhatter who will be heading up our recruitment23 is heading up our recruitment and retention team so you can contact him looking for invites also. As well Frosnt has taken on the title of our organization raid general, and will be bringing in fun events for the org to enjoy. We continue to take feedback every day on how we can continue to make the org better for everybody, and adding new features to make life better for all. Currently all of our inner org teams are also recruiting positions for those who like to work on doing things for the organizations. We are always accepting people who want to just hang out in our guest channel, and help people out as well. The organization will be starting to do regular monthly org meetings to allow the org to have input into upcoming cool changes the org is working on, and continue to shape this into one of the best organizations a person can be part of. Thanks to the entire org for continuing to be a shining example of what I look for when I think of AO. We welcome all new people who want to be part of this exemplary org.

Bump!

Pack of Noobs is probably the best org I've been in and I have been playing for 6 years.
    Lots of friendly players and always ready to give a helping hand.

~Babegineer - lvl 200 Engi~

I'm pleased to announce that Pack of Noobs is as of a week ago, two months old!

In these two months we have grown from 0 to 574 members (including alts). However, we've also grown outside of the Omni-Tek faction confines by starting Pack of Neut Noobs, which currently counts 64 members.

I'd like to take this opportunity to answer a few questions I get asked alot.

Why are you named Pack of Noobs?
    Our main organisation mission is to help new and returning players get (back) into the world of Anarchy Online. A lot of people quit Anarchy Online very fast due to simply not understanding certain aspects of the game like twinking, or how to generate credits. Pack of Noobs tries to counter this effect by teaching people exactly that. Ofcourse, not everyone is the same and as such we try to be a very open org where questions are never discouraged. "The only stupid question is the one that is never asked!"

So, do you only do low level stuff?
    Simply put, no. In regards to PvM we are actually very similar to most other organisations. Ofcourse we have more Subway and ToTW teams than most organisations. However, we also do Tarasque and other high-level raids. I even saw some people joining in a Beast raid!

What about PvP?
    We've become increasingly active in PvP over the past few weeks. This has led to us going from zero, to a whopping FOUR tower sites very fast! Two of these were taken by people who have never, ever done Notum Wars before. The majority of them were scared, because they felt they wouldn't succeed anyway. So, we brought them along with a few more experienced players and walked them through it. I'm glad to see so many people who now understand how to plant a CT, what happens when you attack towers and what an alpha is exactly.

Tell me more about this Neutral org...
    A few weeks ago Pack of Noobs has gotten a spin-off neutral organisation named Pack of Neut Noobs. The original intention was for simply a non-instanced city so we could employ player shops to sell our crap to both factions. However, this org is steadily growing out to an organisation of the same proportions as the Omni-Tek one. There are new neutral players as well! Ofcourse, both orgs are relayed to eachother.

Does this mean you don't have an Omni city?
    The Omni org has a city. At the time of writing it is instanced, however we're hard at work in getting a non-instanced Omni city as well!

Why don't you have a Clan version?
    I was asked this a few days ago by a few. The answer is simple: Clan and Omni are enemies and always will be. It's a bad idea to bring both factions in under the same organisation. Take towers for instance, but also other PvP stuff like Tarasque. Having to gank your own 'org members' is a bad thing.

Do you have a level limit?
    Not at all. We have players who are fresh from ICC Shuttleport, and a few 220 players. We also have a number of good twinks over the entire level range. A good few of these players have grown from the newbie levels to late TL5 or even TL6. And they simply stay in Pack of Noobs because we have so much to offer, a great community surely being the biggest factor!

I like what you're doing and would love to help new players out, but I don't want to leave my current org. Now what?
    Aside from the already big organisation list, we also have a guest channel with 42 members who are always willing to help out wherever they can. If you'd like to be a part of this just '/tell packofnoobs adminlist' and contact one of those people for an invite to the org channel.

Do you have a website?
    Yep! It's www.packofnoobs.com

You suck, my question wasn't even on here!
    Well yeah, if I had to answer every question I ever got I'm sure I'd exceed the character limit. Also, I'm not the org president or part of the recruitment team so I can't speak for them either ofcourse. So basically, if you have any questions, look for these people:
    President: Ipewpewu
    Vice-president: Heavykeep
    Omni org manager: Frosnt
    Neutral org manager: Pixiefix
    Combat (PvP) General: Unikeko
    Communications General: Argufix (hey, that's me! )
    Raids (PvM) & Events General: Roxysadv
    Recruitment General: Vacant, atm

If you can't ever seem to find one of the above people online, it's likely they're on one of their alts. Just "/tell Packofnoobs alts <nickname>" to check if they're on on an alt!
    Last edited by Arguru; Nov 11th, 2011 at 19:48:38.

Just want to throw in my opinion here. Everyone I have had the luck to meet from this org has been courteous and generally nice to team with, which really is something for an org that has grown so rapidly, keep up the great work.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast