Thread: Introducing: Noobnet

Introducing: Noobnet

Recently Pack of Noobs have had a few people working silently to bring you all a new bot, and I am proud to introduce the launch of this bot;

I hearby introduce you all to Noobnet

Noobnet is a bot located on Rimor that is now entirely dedicated to use for Rubi-Ka only. This bot was created for all players, but specializes in New players and Froob players. This bot is made for use of RK content only, and will help provide new and Froob players with a valueble bot in which they can all come to.

Need help finding a team in Subways or TOTW? Call on Noobnet
    Have a question about in game content, but can't find it in OOC? Call on Noobnet
    Want to find some duels, or even some good old tower content? Noobnet is for you

You can Register to Noobnet by saying /tell Noobnet !register, and you'll connect to a wide network of players looking to have some fun, and benefit off each others experience.

If you have any questions about Noobnet, or would like to give us suggestions on different modifications please register, and visit us at www.noobnet.org.

(Noobnet has some rules, please see rules in bot before use, while Noobnet Moderators will be very lenient with the rules please remember that Noobnet should not be used to violate the Rules of Conduct set forth by Funcom. Noobnet is in no way affiliated with Funcom, it is its own player run entity, and as such Noobnet issues should not be brought forth via Funcom Customer support.)
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Vhab will be jealous.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    Vhab will be jealous.
    Let him be

Great initiative, how are you going to inform said 'noobs' about this bot though? I assume you'll send out a message in OOCs every now and then?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

We are going to set up some random spam bots to spam OOC from time to time, and we'll also be trying to get a hold of several org leaders to introduce them to this bot.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Thank you Ipewpewu for the awesome introduction.

Noobnet is very new, but has already been under a few weeks development. While ofcourse there is the occasional bug or typo I'm glad I got everything working, and the end-user will not notice any problems.

The idea of Noobnet is originally Ipewpewu's (aka Firasting here). It's based on the success of the Pack of Noobs organisation and shares the same mission: to help newcomers and/or returning players get settled in the Anarchy Online of today. However, we decided that the bot itself will not be affiliated with the org in any way. Because of that we're also 100% side-unbiased.

To register with Noobnet:
    /tell noobnet register
    ..and to subscribe to channels:
    /tell noobnet status

I'm really glad to see people enthusiastic about this project and hope it grows to great hights! Because we can all agree that AO needs more fresh blood, and hopefully this bot will contribute to that!

If you'd like to help you're ofcourse more than welcome to subscribe to the dedicated 'Help' channel and answer any questions that might arise from newcomers.

As for distribution, we hope organisation presidents will consider adding this bot to their organisations bot. This shouldn't take more than a few seconds and will benefit both. As Firasting stated, I wil be setting up a bot that will announce the bot in the Newbie OOC's every now and then (within reason, I'm not a credit seller :P ).

If you have any feedback or suggestions do feel free to send me a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    We are going to set up some random spam bots to spam OOC from time to time, and we'll also be trying to get a hold of several org leaders to introduce them to this bot.
    If you rolled a new toon in the past few days you'll probably have noticed this. I've set it to spam every hour. This may be a bit frequent but I'm hoping to get to new players before they hit /quit and never come back. I just hope it's not too disturbing for veteran players, but I would like to ask you all that if you roll an alt and it bothers you, to hit /ignore. New players really need something like this. Ofcourse, if I see a lot of complaints I'll change the frequency up to spam less in a day but I haven't seen any as of yet.

I've also started work on a FAQ module to incorporate into Noobnet. This will house various newcomer FAQs such as a Newbie Island tutorial, how to make money as a froob (Alien weapons farming and Clicksaver for starters), and ofcourse various profession guides. This is going to take some time but I hope this really helps.

If you haven't subscribed yet, why not do it! And feel free to spam it every now and then if you need to buy your Concrete Cushions or are looking to get rid of your lowbie Carb set. Because in the end, there's a lack of population in Anarchy Online, we can't deny that. And we also can't deny most newcomers leave due to the lack of knowledge. So help out a few newbies and maybe, just maybe, we can see Borealis filled again, Battlestations running regularly again and some actual NEW players to influence the economy.

Actually saw this pop up on Newbie OOC when I was rolling an Alt, nice
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

After some downtime, I'm happy to announce that Noobnet is fully operational again. I spent some time improving the backend code alongside a whole lot of cosmetic changes.

Noobnet is now even easier to use, simply '/tell Noobnet register' and you are ready to get going immediately. You're automatically subscribed to all channels and you can immediately start sending out your messages. '/tell Noobnet help spam' for more information on how to send out messages.

The bots now all run on the latest* nightly build of Budabot which has fixed various underlying problems and has improved performance greatly. I will work on some minor tweaks, before I release the code to the public.

Over the coming few weeks I'll work on making Noobnet even easier to use.

* latest as of Nov 5, 2011, an update runs every week
    Last edited by Arguru; Nov 5th, 2011 at 04:17:49.

This is awesome guys. Great job, great idea.

Nerf froobs.
    Based God.