Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Sept. 30th, 2011: More Pictures? More Pictures.

Funcom employee Friday with(out) Means - Sept. 30th, 2011: More Pictures? More Pictures.

Hey guys! Means is out of the office this morning so just kind of a quick update from me; not a whole lot to report on as we're all pretty much busy prepping for the incoming update and getting AO's Halloween content ready for the holidays. As Means mentioned last week work on both the new engine and the remodeled heads are coming along swimmingly, and since when I don't have much to talk about breaking off a few shinies always seems to be the way to go forward today we have a couple of screenshots from the new engine, this time showing off the reflective water and some very nice HDR in Tir - Really, *really* pretty stuff. Likewise we have a few MAX renders of the new head models and an extremely... interesting... picture from the artist's corner - Any guesses on what it could be?

Gonna bury back into it and get some stuff done - Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Edit: German Translation
    Last edited by Kintaii; Sep 30th, 2011 at 15:07:17.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

first

EDIT: bah 2nd. spent too long reading it

third!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

1st page
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

grrrr not 1st
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

not first
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

goodtimes
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

First!

edit: page
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Please....no bucktooth opi females.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    not first
    not last

Ahh, I know what the last picture is; Its a flametrower which will be used to mark the start of every new Race beginning in the new Space-race-arena.

Dough it looks awsome, I'd rather see some "Candy" drop a hanky.

It might however also be a Potato cannon...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Sep 30th, 2011 at 15:23:52. Reason: Second picture of Tir looks sweet, now bring back the FISH!

That last one looks like Ghostbusters.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    That last one looks like Ghostbusters.
    Or One Night in Paris v2

hai gusy

How's the Balance stuff progressing?

More importantly; WHERES MAI HAT?

not bad, water looks a bit like some blubber or so though XD
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Is there any chance the "mystery image" is a new nightvision effect?

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    More importantly; WHERES MAI HAT?
    I think your hat is on top of your afro. Sadly, the avatar don't display it, as the hat would then be on top of your nickname.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

second page ?

Heads starting to look pretty good.

Careful not to overdo the bump mapping on the ground textures, etc - needs to be kept subtle.

How about update on Rebalance? - I get the feeling that the engine may be ready before rebalance is done.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Te elfeses lok awsom.

Edite: Firster then you!!!
    Last edited by Lusos101; Sep 30th, 2011 at 16:22:05. Reason: Becose the man made me do it.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast