Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tip of the day

Tip of the day

AO is 10 yrs old.

ORLY.

tip of the day?

seriously guys, if you're going to go to the effort of adding tip of the "day" and it doesn't change for whatever 4 months or however long it's been... it's just retarded.

I have a suggestion:

Change the name to tip of the "period of time you can ACTUALLY manage"

And, btw, "AO is 10yrs old" is not a tip... it's like, saying here's a tip: my biceps are 20 inches (okaaaay).

Now, if youre ACTUALLY going to make an effort to update these, you'll need some good tips. I have a few which are good to ok, but I'm not going to bust out the big ones yet.

ACTUAL TIPS:

• Biomech boots give more treatment than Omni-med boots at high levels.

• Implant agility prior to treatment at low levels to allow higher final implants

• Explosif pillows are equippable at level 1

• When IP'ing Comp lit, it's more IP cost effective to IP tutoring to reach up-to the last few points depending on profession

• All Weapons are "hotswappable" which means that you can use the modifier on the weapon in the calculation for a hard to reach skill requirement

• Use third party programs such as auno.org and xyphos.com to increase your knowledge about the AO database and what is usuable by your profession/breed

• Once or twice a year, special mobs appear in game that drop specialized gear (read AO forums for details)

• Crafting jewlery and refining gems increase the selling price of the items to vending machines (by a lot)

• Increase your chances for loot on AI raids by doing the ship as well

• In city HQ's there is a plastic surgeon, able to help you achieve different looks

• Players have created several hundred "bots" to date, that help with org management, raid management and loot distribution.

• Visit your org forum today! handy information can usually be found on org forums and AO forums

• Different perks have different attack and defence skills, and not all are equal. Increase your PVP prowess by learning about perk checks.

• Different Weapons check different defence skills. Learn about different weapons and different professions to find out why some weapons/ weapon types might be more effective.

• Use calms to take mobs out of combat, to increase chance of survival against single opponents.

• An item called flurry of blows increases your attack rate and critical chance for a brief period

• quests on rubi-ka and in shadowlands can provide XP, game knowledge and useful items.

• Organize your chat windows by right clicking in the chat box and selecting "configuration"

• Add extra hotbars to your playscreen under the miscellaneous page under options (press F10)

• Adjust your field of vision if using a slower computer to increase your frame rate (the speed at which pixels change on your screen)

• Use third party programs such as "damage dumpers" to monitor you and your teammates "DD"

• Use third party programs such as Anarchy Online Item Assistant, to keep track of you and your alts banks

• Did you know: All damage is halved in PVP, this means, add damage items are only 50% effective

• Did you know: Aimed shot, sneak attack and dimach will ALWAYS hit!

• Did you know: you can increase the number of bullets that hit by increasing full auto skill, for that attack special?

• Did you know: as your Aimed shot, fast attack, burst and full auto skill increase, the time for recharge decreases?

• Did you know: by playing more defensively (the slider in the bottom left of your play screen), you may avoid more attacks? But, it will also slow down your attack rate and casting.

• Did you know: the minimum attack time and recharge is capped at 1 second?

• Did you know: you can look up players histories in more org "bots"?

• Did you know: you can access the recipebot for tradeskill help in game by typing /tell recipebot "item you want to look up"

• Did you know: you can build scripts in AO that use different text colour and can automate messages?

• Did you know: symbiants are level locked, while non-refined, non-jobe cluster implants are not?

• Did you know: melee users can interupt casting?

• Did you know: calms and mezzes do not work on other players?

• Did you know: many SL mobs cycle damage type, which makes absorbs in that area more effective than on Rubi ka?

• Did you know: you can get on the "looking for team" window by typing /lft "message"?

• Did you know: melee users can attack while moving, while ranged users cannot?

• ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Oct 26th, 2011 at 05:37:50. Reason: listed.

Hire this guy! ^^

A lot of good tips there, and I'm sure the community could come up with a few thousand more like them in a matter of days, if given a "master list" to see what was already mentioned/suggested.

And I really doubt its that difficult or time consuming to code a small function for a PHP driven page that picks a random string from a list to send out on each day. If you actually put your mind to it, that is. I guess that's the part which is missing.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

calms and mezzes do work on players, ask a TL doc how much they like healing and trying to UBT in BS while they have contemplation running (-2100 inits). And I dont think FC will ever promote 3rd party, well....anything. Other than that. OMG you are so right, I mean how long does it take to change a line of text, and are you telling me our game devs arent creative enough to come up with a new line even maybe once a week?

this guy>kintaii tbh
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Okay, this is funny.

They added a "Tip of the Day" to the launcher.

Wanna start a pool on how long each "day" last? lol
    That was posted in July. So far we are up to over 3 months of the same "tip of the day"... hence my signature.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Oct 27th, 2011 at 15:08:19.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Tip of the Day: 7Up doesn't taste much different from Sprite.

Tip of the Day: It was the sled.

Tip of the Day: Vader is Luke's father.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

give them slack...FC still looking for a coder to code those tip of the day ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    this guy>kintaii tbh
    Must... resist... laughing...
    He lists things anyone should really know if they've been playing over a year and should be hired? if he was hired he'd go on some crazy "boost melee profs and give MA's love while removing every bit of love ranged got" campaign

But yes I agree, these need to be updated to something that actually help the little newbies.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Oct 27th, 2011 at 17:09:23.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Tip of the Day: Roll a Pistol Advy.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Must... resist... laughing...
    He lists things anyone should really know if they've been playing over a year and should be hired? if he was hired he'd go on some crazy "boost melee profs and give MA's love while removing every bit of love ranged got" campaign

But yes I agree, these need to be updated to something that actually help the little newbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Tip of the Day: Roll a Pistol Advy.
    aye!

First thing I'd do is go to FC board of directors, and ask for 500 grand for an advertising campaign.

Then I'd put a 50 crit modifier on the AS pistol (currently 100) and lower the min/max damage to 200, and increase the recharge on it by 0.3 seconds, and make pistol perks check 100% DR.

the next thing I'd do, is put a lock out on 1he/hb perks.

then I'd fix dimach recharge on all profs to 3 minutes at 1k skill, capped, and 10 minutes at 0 skill linearly related.

then I'd adjust the FA recharge on endgame Soldier weapons, and, then I'd put a scaling level lock on drains.

then I'd adjust FA so that the first, three bullets have sequentially higher checks, from 50% DR, 75% DR, 90% DR, 100% for each one after.

then I'd slightly adjust the FA recharge on Ofab hawk (faster)

then I'd add fast attack on BoB (left hand) and sneak attack on BoB Right Hand

then I'd put a shared lock out on FA and AS.

then I'd start looking at the agent FPable nanos, and mix that up slightly.. like, for example, add heroic measures to the mix, and leader of the pack, and something like, every SL nano up to level 210.. now we're talking.

Then, need to adjust perks for MP's. remove shield, give em acrobat.

then I'd adjust the bow perkline, because it blows goats.

then I'd adjust a few bows to be TSable from ranged init to phys init.

then I'd remove all triples from game, keep doubles though, but add 1 second to the recharge.

then reduce all the PVP snares/ roots to max 2 minutes for snares, 1 minute max for roots.

then I run out of ideas. but, anyway, I figure you fix all that crap and you got a fun game again.

You got my vote.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

You don't need hi-level engineer or trader tradeskiller for everything, for example hi-level keepers and other toons are perfectly fine doing those low QL implants and maybe even that carbonum. Ask them first, always in tell and multiple times.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Even though you like to wall-of-text a lot, bump for McKnuckleSamwich
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Bamp any new and fresh ideas.
    At least someone has brains and not lack of it,
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

• Did you know: While executing ( some) perks, your attackbars will stop moving but you will still do auto attacks anyway... Yay!?!
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Thumbs up

Just logged in and saw a new Tip of the Day. Huzzah!
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Have already seen MORE THAN ONE tip of a day over the course of more than 1 day Nice job

Funcom employee

Both this thread and a similar one over in Reet's by Wrangeline gave us lots of good tips to toss together and put into the launcher. Our thanks to everyone who contributed to give us suggestions. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast