Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting ship invites in city raids

Not getting ship invites in city raids

Four times now I have participated in raids with at least four players in the team, and three of those times there were absolutely no ship invites. This has been since the last patch so I am not sure if it is somehow related or if others are experiencing the same but this has been three different cities each with no city invite.

Was Means in your group?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I have done like a 50 raids lately and I got invite every single raid. Tested in 2 noninstanced cities.
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Same as Pajaaa.. do all your 4 people have AI / are they all in teaming range? I'm not sure on the rules for getting ship invites but that seems logical

You need to have +4 toons in the ground raid so you get the chance for invite. However, that's not sufficient.

To receive an invite once the previous condition is met, you need to be on the General's hate lists: aka each player needs to have attacked the general to receive an invite. At least press Q or a special action key.

Also, to make sure no game quirks affect your ship raid, make sure to pull the general near the CC.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    To receive an invite once the previous condition is met, you need to be on the General's hate lists: aka each player needs to have attacked the general to receive an invite. At least press Q or a special action key.
    That's not true.

Tested. 4 chars in level range, different orgs. Only need to be in team (if they are from different org) and be in city plot. Thats all to get invite. You dont have to attack general.

Btw pretty outdated rule which should be changed 2 ppl should be enough!
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Got an invite on my doctor last night. Raid consisted of me and 3 people from a different org. All of us were paid. Did you have a froob on your team?
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerence View Post
    Got an invite on my doctor last night. Raid consisted of me and 3 people from a different org. All of us were paid. Did you have a froob on your team?
    I do know that it has to be paid accounts (4) - have tested that myself with 3 paid and 1 froob account - no ship invite.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No froobs, although the last time I believe we had an SL only player in team. The other times though was a lowbie raid where everyone was paid and one we were all getting AI dailies done so I know we were all paid.

I thought it had to do with players in the team being outside experience range of others and not being counted, but I am fairly certain we got on the ship with a team with a level 50 and a level 81 so I am really uncertain as to why I am not recieving invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    No froobs, although the last time I believe we had an SL only player in team. The other times though was a lowbie raid where everyone was paid and one we were all getting AI dailies done so I know we were all paid.

I thought it had to do with players in the team being outside experience range of others and not being counted, but I am fairly certain we got on the ship with a team with a level 50 and a level 81 so I am really uncertain as to why I am not recieving invites.
    Hmm..odd. I do a nightly run for folks who need the daily (I use my 220 crat to kill and I hide the lowbies) - and many are not in xp range.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

It doesn't seem to be a 100% chance of a ship invite, either. I've had a couple raids which consisted of 4-6 paid players, all of whom attacked the general and were in range of the CC. and still received no invite. I have no idea as to why I didn't receive an invite, but its probably a safe bet to say that, like many other things in AO, the chances of an invite are random. High, yes, but probably random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Isn't there a requirement regarding the state of the city controller? Maybe they changed it, but the CC used to need to be at a certain % in order for the general to spawn and then something different in order to get a ship invite... on top of having 4 people in team range (regardless of org).

I was actually looking for this info myself since I'm working on an updated AI raid guide for my org but can't find the details anywhere.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 12th, 2012 at 06:12:28.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

CC needs charge when wave 8s Hacker dies for the General to spawn, it can be drained by the time it dies to get an invite. The Gen seems to need to be within a certain range to the CC, if I kill it 20~ meters down the road from the CC towards the ship I have found to not get an invite.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Not confirmed!!... but I believe there is a random chance that someone in team gets no invite.
    At least I can remember that sometimes in a team of 6 someone did not get invite although we all stood close together and all attacked the general. This of course could be the case that he did not want to go on ship and faked the "I dont have invite"...

So if you had a team of four and to one happens a "no invite" the remaining team consists of 3 members = below reqs. of 4

Only a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Pajaaa View Post
    That's not true.

Tested. 4 chars in level range, different orgs. Only need to be in team (if they are from different org) and be in city plot. Thats all to get invite. You dont have to attack general.

Btw pretty outdated rule which should be changed 2 ppl should be enough!
    5 people around the general...

I forgot to attack on my doc that was simply spamming heals. No ship invite for the doc.

All the rest that did attack the general got an invite, the doc didn't.

Second time we had 2 people just doing their dailies. 1 was outside team range and got invite (he did attack the general). The other simply afk-ed the general kill, was in level range and didn't get an invite.

As for the CC, I found out that under 10% I would get no general spawn. Otherwise, the CC charge does not matter for getting invite on the ship.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Gen was pulled right next to the CT for the last one I know that for a fact, and if I remember correctly none of the kills were very far from the CT.

Chances are my teams did something wrong each time, otherwise one of the patches did something because ship invites were always 100% as long as you had 4 people in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Chances are my teams did something wrong each time, otherwise one of the patches did something because ship invites were always 100% as long as you had 4 people in the past.
    Ship invites have never been 100%, in fact the amount of people attacking is not one of the factors taking into account when the game decides on a ship invite or not.

Ref.: AI city raid design documentation

Eponyx where is the AI city raid design documentation you are referring to in you post?

The rules for receiving an invite for a AI city raid mothership should be published by Funcom. I checked the old manual.pdf and it had nothing about getting on the mothership.
    Last edited by JungleGeorgeRK2; Jan 13th, 2012 at 15:51:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Ship invites have never been 100%, in fact the amount of people attacking is not one of the factors taking into account when the game decides on a ship invite or not.

Ref.: AI city raid design documentation
    I've done city raids for a good 5 years now and never had an issue where I did not get a ship invite when meeting the expected requirements. Only recently have I started not getting ship invites.

In fact, raiding again yesterday I had one raid with 4 tl7s all fully paid, general next to the CT, CT at 60%, and everyone attacked the general and recieved no ship invite on any character. Later, the next two city raids recieved ship invites.

Even if ship raids were not 100% chance I should not be somewhere around a one in three chance for a ship invite that is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Eponyx where is the AI city raid design documentation you are referring to in you post?

The rules for receiving an invite for a AI city raid mothership should be published by Funcom. I checked the old manual.pdf and it had nothing about getting on the mothership.
    AI city raid design documentation is not for public consumption but some thing I have gotten access to through my time as BH in ARK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast