Thread: Penumbra missions help

Question Penumbra missions help

Hey hey

When ppl talk about penumbra mission what do they mean? Do they mean the questlines, or repeatable missions? From whom do you get them and where is the entrance to the mission? Can you take them on your own or do i have to be in a team just to take them?

Alot of questions at once i know

There are Pen team missions that can be rolled from the garden by anyone level 180+ with the garden key. These are your standard SL team missions, the same as you find in Adonis and Inferno (essentially a random SL dungeon with a boss at the end.). Virtually no-one does them anymore because Inf easy missions tend to be easier and give better XP.

There is also a questline (technically known as the Xan Civilization Quest) that gives a very nice, profession specific reward. Those quests begin with the Yuttos NPC on the Pen side of the portal where you zone in from Adonis. You should be able to do the first steps of the quest by yourself but you probably will not be able to finish without outside help (I had trouble even on a 202 MP due to adds). Check http://www.ao-universe.com/index.php?id=14&pid=333 for more info.
    Last edited by Polaria; Jan 21st, 2012 at 19:48:56.

Ok thx. I never did any missions in adonis, not anywhere else in SL for that matter.

Its kinda boring that you need that damn garden key since its impossible to solo it, plus a team for that mission. It was prob fun when ppl acutally played on this levels but no its a desert out there, i need missions to solo :/
    Guess i have to do rk missions up to 200

You can pull those same Pen missions solo if you have the key, just like you can with Inf, etc. When doing a solo mission the mobs are pretty well scaled down. FWIW.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by neptulis View Post
    Its kinda boring that you need that damn garden key since its impossible to solo it, plus a team for that mission. It was prob fun when ppl acutally played on this levels but no its a desert out there, i need missions to solo :/
    Guess i have to do rk missions up to 200
    You can get the Vanya Garden Key (=unredeemed) quite easily because you don't have to kill anything (except mobs for Fragments of the Source) but only tag mobs.

In contrast to this the Cama Garden Key (=redeemed) is more difficult to get because you'd have to kill Patriarch Prophet Nar Van in the unredeemed temple.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Oh and BTW, you can also pull solo missions from those guys in the gardens (Adonis, Penumbra, Inferno).

Even less people do those missions which is quite sad because basically you'll get your own SL dungeon with mobs around your level, loot nobody can steal from you, and an extra reward when you've cleaned the dungeon.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

The last couple of times that I did the Cama key and needed to kill the Prophet, I simply went on lft with the message that I needed to skill him, and someone obliged fairly quickly.

Also, don't overlook the Xan quests. Each 'leg' of that quest gives the equivalent of a daily mission's worth of XP and the first few parts are quite easy to solo.

Just clear something: you don't need the garden's key to pull missions (either Inferno or Penumbra).

The key makes it easier to return to your side's garden if you are saved somewhere else than Penumbra.

If you are saved in the pen garden, you can keep pulling missions without needing to terminate to get in the garden - as long as you pull missions in Penumbra Forrest or Pipe. As long as you're saved in pen garden, simply enter the Hisii area and jump down in the water - it will zone you to the last place you were saved at (which is the pen garden if you saved there).
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Just clear something: you don't need the garden's key to pull missions (either Inferno or Penumbra).

The key makes it easier to return to your side's garden if you are saved somewhere else than Penumbra.

If you are saved in the pen garden, you can keep pulling missions without needing to terminate to get in the garden - as long as you pull missions in Penumbra Forrest or Pipe. As long as you're saved in pen garden, simply enter the Hisii area and jump down in the water - it will zone you to the last place you were saved at (which is the pen garden if you saved there)
    Huh, I could have sworn that you needed the key for that. Is that something they changed, or am I just mis-remembering?
    Last edited by Polaria; Feb 3rd, 2012 at 20:26:16.

You can in fact pull missions in pen without the garden key, probably in inf too, i have not tried since i am too low lvl.

You do not need the key to pull any missions.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Pulling missions is level locked that maybe why you couldn't

ado 160-190
    pen 190-210
    inf 205 + iirc

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    Huh, I could have sworn that you needed the key for that. Is that something they changed, or am I just mis-remembering?
    You may mis-remembering that you need a garden key in order to BUY nano crystals from the garden. (And I hope that I am not mis-remembering this. )

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    Nothing changed; I was doing this back in 2007-2008.

Key makes it easier for the puller in inferno. But in Penumbra, we used to pull Penumbra Fortress or Pipe since you could jump back to garden and pull some more missions without the need to terminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Pulling missions is level locked that maybe why you couldn't

ado 160-190
    pen 190-210
    inf 205 + iirc
    180 - 210 for Penumbra.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.