Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 150 keeper pvp setup

150 keeper pvp setup

HI i m retwinkin my 150 keeper ...and i m looking for new ideas (pvp)

post setups or gimme some advices all are welcome

i want a pvp setup for duelz mostly vs other melee profs or other keepers

Start with a database site, and build what you think might be good, then post that here and people can offer feed back.
    ATM your post stinks of "show me cookie setup so I can build it" rather than thinking for yourself.
    Varsbot
    Variable004

and i do have some ideas of how a keeper setup should look .. i just want to see other peoples opinions

and yes in the setup i posted most will say 225 wolf is better

You considered a Energy damage setup with a ~QL 215 Type 112 +supernova swap?

I was considering this for a long time.

you could use a QL 100ish supernova. It'll still cap on most.

Other stuff you might want to consider is full CC (I note your CC ranges from 225-245) but you can't keep 225 out of OE unless I'm mistaken. I'd go full suit of QL 213+225/250 keeper chest.

then you also got the option of doing lava caps as well. imo, you dont need caps+supernova. But, if you do either you need to swap Eye for infantry (AS/SO), and you might want to consider an infantry RW for SO.

problem with caps is that they don't land on the people you need them to (fixers), whereas on fixers you'll punch a hole in their whole world with a supernova swap after a couple normals+fast attack+whatever else.

If yo're dueling, imo, type 112>>>wolf, becuase you can also then perk out of crusade (50ish AAO from glory), and into ConC and then you got a nice alpha.

I would suggest changing perks...

holy mark 7, bio 3, reaver 5
    crusade 8, champ hvy 8, atrox second genome 4

Officers combined if at all
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

have thought about lava caps but are hard to get .... i mean drop rate ,what about swaping with a ninja katana for SA ... but havent tested that i wonder if its possible to cap ... would be nicer since we got SA buff

no. swapping for SA is unreasonable, I was going to try the ninja katana swap but it's just not worth it. if youre goign to swap anything it's gotta crush your opponent into next week, a full 30% and it's gotta be a finisher.

Thats why I would go with the type 112 (glory) which frees up the requirement to perk crusade (if you are perking crusade for 90 evade close youre crazy)

It's hard to say what will be more important.

I went with melee damage on wolf because I found absorb profs to be so frustrating. melee damage+procs do damage+perks+champ perks.

imo, it's very difficult to kill anyone without conc, but, if you're hitting them a lot with decent AR and procs are firing then you won't do badly.

soak up an alpha at the stat with DA+graft+coon and most people have a fit when your HP doesn't move and they just blew their entire alpha on you. that buys you time. But it still doesn't mean you'll get a kill. Keepers are ok for damage mitigation, for brief periods, but, you'll get your ass handed to you eventually unless you can produce the kill.

MA's, enforcers, advies, soldiers, fixers, shades all have better methods of mitigating damage and/ or healing in the non-alpha period, meaning you'll still need to "kill" them, not just outlast them.

and thats where big normals start to work well, but, an AS might be even deadlier.

The problem with swapping is traders and doctors with wrack+ruin. So, if you can avoid a swap and still produce kills do that. I'd work on the 225 wolf setup first and, see how it works. if you like it, stick with that.

Also, if you're going with no SO/no AS, dump the CC and go for CM. Keepers can never get enough HP. And, you'll get better AAD with CM than with CC, and your AR should be only about 9 less all in, with almost 1k more HP.

you CAN do 255 CM in a few spots like glove/pants, with 244 in boot i think so that would work, but you can't keep that out of OE without some big contracts/adrenaline hud/pure novi ring, so I'd go for the top CM you can use without extras, probably 233/244 and Imo that will be very good.

An evade setup works OK, not WELL, but OK. An AR setup works GOOD, not GREAT, but GOOD.

An AR setup you can swap to evade is excellent. Imo, you'll want to optimize your setup slightly for swappable items. I notice you're not using sacrifical ensigns, and thats ok, it's a hassle if you Rclick it and it pops your heavy bracer.

The best spot to swap is hud 3. Just the green/purple will do a world of good.

Evasion isn't all that great on keepers so, be warned that you can't evade much.

you can evade some advies for a a while, but not well enough to rely on, and SA will knock you into next week. MA's, enforcers, not much luck there. fixers, ok a bit, solds yes with wit, but you really have to push it, and procs have to fire. blind ring helps a lot. shades will be sketchy, if you time coon for blur you'll manage to live through their alpha but it'll usually be a close fight.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Evasion isn't all that great on keepers so, be warned that you can't evade much.
    I have to strongly disagree with you here. I found evasion was the best choice for keeper period. Scouts or any evade combined mixed with ofab that has evades or tier. Use jobe aad/evade imps with your evade perklines voila.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I would suggest changing perks...

holy mark 7, bio 3, reaver 5
    crusade 8, champ hvy 8, atrox second genome 4

Officers combined if at all
    I don't even have a keeper and this makes absolutely no sense.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    go ask xira about hte new drinking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    go ask xira about hte new drinking game.
    Veneer! *takes a shot*
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Hahaha the perlines are for the evades/defense/AR. 15 SL perks, 20 ai perks.
    Armor should be scouts/officers if you are going to use combined at all. For the evades or nano skills to cast higher heal aura/aad aura/ward etc. Otherwise stick to Ofab/tier armor. Even goddess armor if you can manage to get it for evades.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Hahaha the perlines are for the evades/defense/AR. 15 SL perks, 20 ai perks.
    Armor should be scouts/officers if you are going to use combined at all. For the evades or nano skills to cast higher heal aura/aad aura/ward etc. Otherwise stick to Ofab/tier armor. Even goddess armor if you can manage to get it for evades.
    I'd love to see how this setup performs in competitive pvp!

it wouldnt't. pretty sure a setup like that wouldn't get enough ar to perk my ar agent :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it wouldnt't. pretty sure a setup like that wouldn't get enough ar to perk my ar agent :/
    You really dont understand how much AR keepers get through research... Unless you are a GA fixer and maybe...MAYBE martial artist you cant evade a keeper's perks. Can we say mark of vengeance anyone?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You really dont understand how much AR keepers get through research... Unless you are a GA fixer and maybe...MAYBE martial artist you cant evade a keeper's perks. Can we say mark of vengeance anyone?
    You have to land holy mark debuffs themselves.. they check 100% evade

173 2he from the perk setup you mentioned and maxed research at 150
    223 2he from top symbs/225 ofab chest
    110 from buff

some negligible aao from symbs/buffs (another 100ish?)

506 2he added. what do keepers get at 150 from ip? like 600ish 2he?

so 1100-1200ish ar? probably not enough ar to perk greens.

You really dont understand how much AR keepers get through research...
    and you really dont understand how much def 150 toons can get.
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 12th, 2012 at 23:06:27.

I've tried doing full evade setups like that before (never with nanoskill armor though, completely unecessary for casting top buffs at 150 lol) You won't get more def than an acro prof even in the most hard pressed evade setups (btw CSS is better because it has AAO!), and even those profs get squished like bugs if they do not have heals or other defensive tools, which you chose to sacrifice. Any AS or SA or nuke will be complete devastation given the lack of healing.

You won't have a decent ql weapon equipped, and you won't have the AR to perk anyone except doctors, soldiers, and some enforcers and agents. And you'll lack the damage to get kills off any of those profs. "Using the force" doesn't substitute for a good setup either... while it's really exciting when you hit something two (or even three!) times in a row.. it still doesn't come close to a proper setup.

As a keeper you need to find the right balanced setup and tactic for the situation, or else your damage is too low or your survival is not good enough, or both if you go a route like that. Now unless you can explain why ~1750 evades is really so much better than ~1650 evades that it justifies the sacrifice of dev armor + cocoon + curing touch + proper attack rating...

While I'm sure there's plenty of poorly setup and played toons you could kill with that setup, and it might be much cheaper to gear, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a properly played froob NT could have your face in a fight. As I said though, I'd love to see how your setup would perform, maybe the nanoskills are the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by Eqvestre View Post
    HI i m retwinkin my 150 keeper ...and i m looking for new ideas (pvp)

post setups or gimme some advices all are welcome

i want a pvp setup for duelz mostly vs other melee profs or other keepers
    Original poster..vs melee profs right? So as I said already the only toons he would he problem with would be evade profs like fixers and maybe MA's. However the OP doesnt plan on fighting fixers, agents, or NT's anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    I've tried doing full evade setups like that before (never with nanoskill armor though, completely unecessary for casting top buffs at 150 lol) You won't get more def than an acro prof even in the most hard pressed evade setups (btw CSS is better because it has AAO
    Now unless you can explain why ~1750 evades is really so much better than ~1650 evades that it justifies the sacrifice of dev armor + cocoon + curing touch + proper attack rating...
    Again evades are king, you don't need dev armor/curing touch if you are not getting hit is really the point. Easy to push 1900-2k+ with evade/aad imps. Sorry if I wasn't more clear already. He plans to duel mostly other melee profs. Scouts for evades IF he wants to use combined. Otherwise I would suggest a mix of ofab/tier and maybe some spots for goddess depending on his bankroll. The majority of his duels will be vs NON evade proffs so aao isn't really that big an issue.

I never talked weapon wise, however Excaliber should fit pvp role just fine. Or copy of it depending on his bankroll. Otherwise 200-225 wolf should be doable.
    Last edited by Psikie; Mar 13th, 2012 at 01:29:43.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast