Thread: [AODA] AO Damage Analyzer

[AODA] AO Damage Analyzer

Hi folks,
    I am releasing the first public version of this software.

It is basically a damage log parser with a GUI.

=================================================
    Current version: 0.2-BETA
    Link: http://code.google.com/p/ao-damage-analyzer/
    =================================================

Hopefully someone will find it useful.
    I'm open to suggestions and critics.

PS. check the link for screenshots
    PSS. source code will be available soon (TM)
    Last edited by Fanta1; May 19th, 2012 at 20:40:45. Reason: Updated current version

Looks excellent, I will definitely try it! And bump for enhacement "Generation of reports on the Scripts folder for in-game reports" really essential!
    I am Horrible

Funcom employee

Oooh shiny!

*nudge nudge* *wink wink* http://aodevs.com/forums/index.php/topic,866.0.html
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I tried this yesterday, and I like it most out of the dumpers i've tried because you get way more detailed stats. The only thing missing is the ability to show stats in game and clear dd in game. After alt tabbing out (and dying once), I stopped using because its just too much of a pain to leave game to look at dd stats! Please please add!
    I am Horrible

AO has a great system to show data from external sources.. its called awesomium browser.
    integrating that web browser is far from being finished though.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Great Damage Dumper

I am very much enjoying using this Damage Dumper. It offers something I find missing in other damage dumpers. Easy to read damage dealt and taken reports so I can easily determine which damage types work best and what I might need to improve in my defenses.

I removed any ignores so I can look at the reports for mobs as well. I have used this tool in a variety of fights that include several Tara raids and its works very well. I use a log file setup for DCDUMP so I can switch between tools.

The only thing that has been challenging is the clear option. It works on the main page but not on the report damage dealt/receive reports. Cleaning the log file takes a few tries and stopping/starting the damage dumper before the tool forgets about the old collected data.

Version 0.2-BETA released
    Link: http://code.google.com/p/ao-damage-analyzer/

Added the first version of the in-game reporting system including in-game commands (it uses the vicinity channel)... it is also possible to change the existing reports if you don't like them and/or to create your own reports.

Instructions to migrate from 0.1-ALPHA to 0.2-BETA

- Set the new Report.Folder options in the AODA.txt file.
    - Type /rep_menu in game to show the reporting menu.

Check the site for new screenshots.

Keep posting bugs / suggestions :-)

/Fanta

It looks great and as it already has been said, it gives very detailed info. I like it! It is also nice that it can reset data in-game. I just hope it would be able to do without spamming chat with whispers when clicking those update and data reset buttons.. I'm not worried about my chat windows (could /filter it if i wanted) but those other players who are near me might find it strange why i'm posting "<name> whispers: !cmd_reset" and "<name> whispers: !cmd_update *" messages every few seconds (or every few minutes)..
    Well, I do understand that those whispers are needed so program can pick them up from Log -chat window in same way as it picks other important messages.. :/
    Mizufluffy (220/30/??) MA # Hopeasaukko (216/27/??) NT # Mustarotta (100/10/28) Crat
    Mustarotta's Foreman (Biomare) Service for Hire (unavailable)
    Some of my froobs on RK2: Neuzoire, Denzyr, Hinami, Hinachan, Zetblanc, Dalanope, Chenin, Reandway (I'm more active on characters with yellow name)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeasaukko View Post
    Well, I do understand that those whispers are needed so program can pick them up from Log -chat window in same way as it picks other important messages.. :/
    Its not really needed, windows comes with built-in functionality for adding hotkeys and such.
    Another option is using scripts and a file-access/file-read hook to trigger it.

[Neither of which are implemented, merely commenting on the need for the chosen method ]
    Last edited by Eviltrox; May 25th, 2012 at 08:11:54.

A function that is very cool is the ability to auto-detect chars and logfiles and adding those, could that also be incorporated later?

Example dumper:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=599255
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm