Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New City Parks

New City Parks

For anyone wondering what the city parks look like:

(they are 10x10 small grid size, btw - fits where markets used to go)

Clan:
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../AO/park_c.jpg

Omni:
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../AO/park_o.jpg

Neutral:
    http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../AO/park_n.jpg

Clan park spawns a leet, don't know what/if the Omni and Neutral parks spawn.

Also, I get the distinct impression the parks are prepped for the new engine as they look rather dull at present (especially the Clan park) but some foliage is very peculiar in how it is applied, as if waiting to be watered by new graphics engine to spring to life.

Also spotted this little bugger:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ty-Cleaner.jpg

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

The clanside park looks like a vacant lot in Detroit.^^
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    The clanside park looks like a vacant lot in Detroit.^^
    Needs graffitti on the walls
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I like the omni park.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Its nice to see a different looking parks for each faction. Maybe they will be doing that for other org buildings.

Nice pic's ... don't suppose you have one of the bronto dog stand?

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    Its nice to see a different looking parks for each faction. Maybe they will be doing that for other org buildings.
    That was my first thought also - but if all the cities will be instances, variety really becomes less important sine they will not be seen while traveling around RK.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Estero in my org planted one.. looks nice.

Thank god he didn't kill the HQ instead of killing the Shop.

more imporantly: what bonuses do they add? or are they just more worthless social fluff?

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    That was my first thought also - but if all the cities will be instances, variety really becomes less important sine they will not be seen while traveling around RK.
    My hope after the server merge which is driving all cities to become instance, they will bring back the outdoor cities. With a recent review from MMORPG describing player cities as impressive, it might happen.

More importantly, we should throw a lot of hate around because FC spend time developing this stuff instead of new engine.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    More importantly, we should throw a lot of hate around because FC spend time developing this stuff instead of new engine.
    Making social city buildings draws no resources away from engine integration, that has been pointed out over and over. Artists can make all sorts of items and structures while the coders work on forging the stand-alone beta client.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Making social city buildings draws no resources away from engine integration, that has been pointed out over and over. Artists can make all sorts of items and structures while the coders work on forging the stand-alone beta client.
    logic has no place in an fc h8 circlejerk

Quote Originally Posted by JungleGeorgeRK2 View Post
    My hope after the server merge which is driving all cities to become instance, they will bring back the outdoor cities. With a recent review from MMORPG describing player cities as impressive, it might happen.
    I think the person that wrote that review combined AO player cities and AO tower sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Grakulen
    I also found the player cities in AO very interesting. You can strike out into the wilderness and basically stake a claim to certain areas. From there you can build a city with your friends that can do almost anything that a fully functional Funcom created city can. There are merchants and transports and if the protective gas runs to low they are able to be attacked by warring groups.
    It also sounds like he threw a little of AoC's guild cities (or whatever they are called) as there are no decent merchants spawnable in an AO city except someone to sell you some social drinks or change your toon's face.

Definitely not a bad concept though
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    logic has no place in an fc h8 circlejerk
    Quite. How dare he?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Nice pic's ... don't suppose you have one of the bronto dog stand?

Kinnik
    Bronto Dog Stand:

Side

Front

Back

Items sold/Chef

Items Sold:

A Beer Jug
    Bronto Burger
    Bronto Cheese
    Bronto Hot Dog
    Double Bronto Cheese
    Joka-Poka Can
    Smuge Cola Can
    Vanilla Ice-cream

Edit: Thanks to RK1 org "Commerce" who I know no one from, but they had a bronto dog stand up and their city is next to Storm city.
    Last edited by Esssch; Jun 27th, 2012 at 00:06:03.

Only "bad" thing about the hotdog vendor is that he's neutral, even if you plant him in a omni city, a bit annoying if you planted it badly and it's in the way when tabbing aliens.
    Should not be a big deal to make him sided when you plant it no?

(yes yes, it's 1m, i WILL move him for the time being)
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Thanks

I planted two in our city ... it is too small for a park unless I destroy the market bldg.

Kinnik

Market building is currently useless, anyway.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Market building is currently useless, anyway.
    Well it does have a bank to pull out your CRU's I guess, but very true.

I was hoping maybe it would get re-designed for a different purpose, or I could claim a manufacturer's warranty return for loss of functionality ... j/k

Kinnik

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast