Thread: XRDB5 Alpha Pre-Release

XRDB5 Alpha Pre-Release

For those who are using my XRDB4 tool, you'll know that it's currently broken with the recent patch due to the extra RDB file (.002)

Unfortunately, I have very little free time these days and as such, cannot write program code as often as I'd like to.

After many attempts to try and fix the badly written old VB.net 2.0 code, I decided to make an upgrade tool in C# 4.0 instead.

it's not finished yet, but it does extract the data from the RDB to the same datafile that XRDB4 uses.

This means, you extract the data with 5 and parse the data with 4.
    until I can finish this tool, this is the best I can do for now.

NB: You might have to rename the output datafile to match the name convention with your other datafiles or XRDB4 might not find the extracted data.
    this is the only 'bug' I've found so far.

Download:
    http://www.xyphos.com/software/XRDB5.zip
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Thank you for this.
    Now I just have to find the problem that's preventing the output to be opened in aodboffline, since it hangs when opening the XML again. - DrUrbans' tool does the fixing on it's own now (info).
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Aug 1st, 2012 at 14:10:53.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I'm getting:

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at XRDB5.Managers.ExtractionManager.bgw_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
    When I hit the extract button?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I had the same issue Darkbane, you just have to click the XML plugin name, on the settings tab, since it's not selected by default.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Ah The joys of Alpha state I guess

Now to figure out how to extract icons...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Download link is dead.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trike View Post
    Download link is dead.......
    If even it wasn't, it didn't work anymore either way
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Damn... wanted to update aomainframe again however i lost the source of my resource tool or updated version of jaydes.

I know that suicidal had the last running version of the tool (he removed ctree stuff) but his version isnt working any more. (gives no output at all but no error)
    no idea how to contact suicidal as my aodevs account isnt there any more and registration is down ^^