Thread: Treasure Hunt Contest

Treasure Hunt Contest

Treasure Hunt Contest

This contest has now ended.

We have learned there are locations of buried Pirate treasure marked by Golden Dragons all over Rubi-Ka. We at ARK-CR would love to excavate the treasure using neo-technology, for research by ARK. However, Rubi-Ka is huge and we need your help finding it!

The landlubbers to submit the most burial sites to crsubmissions@ark.anarchy-online.com will win the opportunity to go on a tour of either the ARK ceremony playfield or of the shadowlands (including some regularly inaccessible locations). Additionally these winners (yes, there will be more than 1 winner) will get their choice of some of the booty offered at the ingame pirate party, even if they were unable to make it.

Please submit the coordinates and playfield name for each location. You can obtain this information by using Shift +F9 and copying the coordinates.
    We have been informed that there are 20 burial locations and we will update with additional clues as we learn more about the treasure, and its possible locations. Happy hunting, and good luck!
    This contest will run through September 22 at 11:59pm GMT.

More specifically, this is what you're looking for:

Last edited by Anlyss; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 16:06:26.

Thumbs up

Fun!
    Elements of Destruction

Are they in 100% random spots, or like, curious sites?

It is our understanding that they are in semi-random locations as the Pirates were trying to keep the treasure from being found.

As we learn more, we will be updating with some hints that may help you.

Hopefully they are all outdoors, gonna try to hunt them down on a froob I think

All the locations are outdoors, yes.

Upon further investigation, it seems that pirates usually hide their treasure near some type of water source.

I'm in a hurry it seems...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

The following zones have been cleared, and there has been no signs of pirate treasure:

Deep Artery Vally
    Omni and Greater Omni Forest
    Eastern Foul Plains
    Coast of Peace
    Coast of Tranquility

I saw some of these Xark/Razor trophies and was very confused. Now I'm going out of town and can't participate!! Arrgh :C
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

gief hint!

SAV... so many islands, is there a dwagon about?

Another set of locations you can exclude from your search, as they have been cleared by ARK CR.

Southern Artery Valley
    Central Artery Valley
    Three Craters East/West

Remember submissions are due today by 11:59pm GMT
    Last edited by Anlyss; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 16:05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Anlyss View Post
    Another set of locations you can exclude from your search, as they have been cleared by ARK CR.

Southern Foul Hills
    o.O I found one there
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Could we please have more of these in the feature? I think regular treasure hunts would be great!