Thread: Bad Framerate.

Bad Framerate.

Can any one please tell me why a games like COD MW3,F1 2012 and so on work flawlessly on high settings with my laptop and anarchy online struggles to get more than 20fps.

For some reason it makes no difference if I choose a high-res, low-res, all effects on, all effects off. I don't think I've seen more than 25fps indoors facing a wall.

Something I'm doing wrong? buggered if I know what it could be.
    Last edited by Stuart625; Nov 5th, 2012 at 22:10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart625 View Post
    Something I'm doing wrong?
    no.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart625 View Post
    Can any one please tell me why a games like COD MW3,F1 2012 and so on work flawlessly on high settings with my laptop and anarchy online struggles to get more than 20fps.

For some reason it makes no difference if I choose a high-res, low-res, all effects on, all effects off. I don't think I've seen more than 25fps indoors facing a wall.

Something I'm doing wrong? buggered if I know what it could be.
    Because those games don't rely on DX7, which has been unsupported by newer hardware for years. Because those games aren't 99.9% reliant on the CPU and can actually take full advantage of graphic cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Because those games don't rely on DX7, which has been unsupported by newer hardware for years. Because those games aren't 99.9% reliant on the CPU and can actually take full advantage of graphic cards.
    I see, well its about time funcom pulled their finger out and got it sorted. I must admit when I saw how well this laptop ran modern games before I bought it I simply assumed it would run AO like lightning.

I'm not usually one for ranting on forums but it really is disappointing that it performs so badly. I'm aware its not going to be as simple as flipping a switch to fix it but with the MMORG market being so competitive I cant see how they can afford not to keep up. My old tower ran it perfectly but that died thus the purchase of the new laptop.

It's a shame as I've enjoyed playing AO for years but with this issue and the fact its been battered to the bone with the nerf hammer, well I don't think I'll be renewing my subscription next year.

To bad Next year Q1 this should be fixed with arival of new engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    To bad Next year Q1 this should be fixed with arival of new engine.
    I do genuinely hope your right

Everything mentioned here sounds pretty much right. I am curious though are you using a laptop which uses optimus? (ie. is able to switch from say intel graphics to nvidia graphics depending on the application).

My alienware m14x ran AO like crap until I white listed AO in the nvidia graphics options and insured AO is using "Primary Display Driver - Direct3D TL HAL" in the AO launcher settings.

AO Launcher Settings Image: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8...phicsselec.jpg
    Nvidia Control Panel 1 Image : http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/586...asettings1.jpg
    Nvidia Control Panel 2 Image : http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/692...asettings2.jpg

I white listed Anarchyonline.exe and anarchy.exe. Not sure if both are necessary but I just wanted to insure that when I run the launcher (anarchy.exe) that it is told to use the high performance card so that it is chosen as the primary display device. I white listed anarchyonline.exe because it is the executable that remains running when you are in the game. These are just my observations and they may not be perfect.
    Last edited by Mostlymagic; Nov 7th, 2012 at 12:22:05.