Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove lockout timers from Pande, APF and 12-man

Remove lockout timers from Pande, APF and 12-man

I understand that raid lockout timers are put in place for a reason. I suppose that part of that reason has something to do with not wanting the playerbase to fast track content. I'm not sure of the other reasons.

From my perspective, people that want to fast track (farm) content will and have found ways to do so. For Pande, for instance, it is not uncommon for players to hold clear playfields and then just do beast over and over again on multiple 220's if they're looking for a particular item. So if the intention of a lock out timer is to prevent back to back farming of content.. that isn't effective.

The negative of lock out timers, in my experience, has been that once I've done a raid on a toon I can't use that toon in the near future to help anyone else. The reverse of that being that if I know I am going to do a raid at 8PM EST and someone needs me to tank at 6PM, I won't be able to because my toon would be locked out for the event I have planned for later.

The intent of this suggestion is not a selfish one as ultimately if I know I want to farm something I'll reserve my lock outs for myself. It is mainly to promote teaming which is something I remember Lindelu stating that the dev team was looking at for future updates.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

promote teaming with crat
    there, fixed it for you.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    there, fixed it for you.
    Not sure what you mean, to be honest.
    You can find me at:

Plenty of places that can be done again and again by just reforming the team, and at least DB3 comes in mind that would be comparable in length to Pande or APF, and not being single boss. So not really seeing why not. I'd just keep it like other stuff is, reform the team and do again, to prevent running back to back on clear playfield. If people can be bothered to do it all again, why not.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

The flipside fix to players getting around locks if they really want to is to make raidlocks account-wide, but I can't say that seems like an appealing solution myself.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

I dont see your point. You obviously play WoW, and WoW has oodles of raid locks but you seem to not have a problem with WoW raid locks. Or do you? If you dont, what is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I dont see your point. You obviously play WoW, and WoW has oodles of raid locks but you seem to not have a problem with WoW raid locks. Or do you? If you dont, what is the difference?
    Interesting question which I'm happy to answer.

What we call Raids in Anarchy Online are equivalent to Dungeons in World of Warcraft. You can farm a dungeon in World of Warcraft as many times a day as you want without any restrictions whatsoever.

The only thing we have that is even remotely comparable to a WoW raid is maybe Sector 42 and even that is really not up to WoW raid standards by any means (in terms of difficulty or complexity of the encounter). So yes, I'm fine with keeping raid locks for things that are 'Raid Worthy' but Pande, APF and 12-man don't fall into that category (in my opinion).
    You can find me at:

No, Imagine the amount of credit farmers that will have a field day. As of now you have a clear Playfield in pande, and just run in to beast without doing any work prior. Imagine the same team running in and out in and out every 30 minutes and spamming shopping channels ? Is that really what you would like to see ? I certainly don't.

Atleast as of now the same 3 cant run in over and over again, they atleast have to change alts.
    Last edited by Kuyt; Nov 15th, 2012 at 04:12:35.
    NO U

12 man maybe, but raidlocks only affect money farmers for APFs and pande.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I think initially before instanced pande beast was avail once per 18hr? Primarily for rp purposes there was only 1 beast per day. I think instancing now follows same premise that your toon will only see beast once per day (18hrs). I can't say thats the reason but it seems logical. Perhaps the other zones are set up similar rp wise? Or FC doesn't want the zone loot to become more farmed and more common?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    No, Imagine the amount of credit farmers that will have a field day. As of now you have a clear Playfield in pande, and just run in to beast without doing any work prior. Imagine the same team running in and out in and out every 30 minutes and spamming shopping channels ? Is that really what you would like to see ? I certainly don't.

Atleast as of now the same 3 cant run in over and over again, they atleast have to change alts.

Who cares about them increasing the availability of those items. They'll just cause the prices to drop.

i wouldn't call lox-raids even a dungeon.
    they're apartment bosses.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mireiawen View Post
    Plenty of places that can be done again and again by just reforming the team, and at least DB3 comes in mind that would be comparable in length to Pande or APF, and not being single boss. So not really seeing why not. I'd just keep it like other stuff is, reform the team and do again, to prevent running back to back on clear playfield. If people can be bothered to do it all again, why not.
    I agree - if you want to do the whole playfield again, why not.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I think this is an excellent idea, but if FC is not comfortable going that far, then perhaps allow two runs after the expiration of each lockout period. The first time in an instance starts a hostile nano in your NCU. The instance checks if you have that nano running. If you do, you get the lockout. So the APFs and IPande couldn't be chain farmed, but you could at least run them a couple of times.

that, or they can simply reduce the timer by half

Reducing the timer by half would be a lot less helpful though. If you've got a group together and have just run an instance, that's probably a lot more convenient time to run it again rather than whenever "current lockout *.5" ends up being.

Has everyone forgotten that non-instanced pande still exists? Use that if you don't want a lockout.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Has everyone forgotten that non-instanced pande still exists? Use that if you don't want a lockout.
    not worth it. if you're doing 3-4-5man pande you're probably walling it. and if you're walling it there's a chance someone will die and won't be able to get back to where you guys are (porals despawn after 5 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I haven't forgotten but non-instanced pande is a lot less forgiving and, most important, in the curent game climate (where people often do raids with toon A to get loot for toon B because toon B isn't an essential profession) its darn near impossible to get multi-logged alts in to loot since the portals despawn.
    You can find me at:

If you can't do it due to difficulty of the instance then that isn't an issue. The solution already exists, it's up to the players to find a way to complete it how it was originally designed, regardless of difficulty.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast