Anarchy Online Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Anarchy Online Bulletin Board > Announcements > Community Corner

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 15:24:40   #41
Endymion
Leet
 
Endymion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
xira and i already decided to kickstarter it.
Link. Cause I'm on board with this.
__________________
Endymion 220/20/60 Agent
Endymion is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 15:29:03   #42
Thorneee
Phear Leet
 
Thorneee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
xira and i already decided to kickstarter it.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...64/200/acb.jpg
__________________
Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
Stannerd - 220 Soldier
Megusta - TL7 Doc
Kaleeh - TL5 Shade
Thorneee is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 15:33:35   #43
Google
Eleet
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
So engine will be scrapped cause its coding needs indepth knowledge from a few people and after restructuring every coder will work toghether on all projects? Maybe they will relase a new new Engine? I'm so excited!
Google is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 16:45:29   #44
haxi
Phear Leet
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
While relying on other departments to some extent, AO has had the benefit of a dedicated development team who realistically have failed to deliver the long promised and awaited changes. Maybe they are "close" now and all of this is yet "Coming Soon", but I fear that AO will languish under a pooled development team.

I hope I am wrong. I just do not see AO as the vehicle FC will choose to drive revenue.
haxi is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 16:55:43   #45
Hardcore
I'm back!
 
Hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
So will AO's development team be shared across TSW and AoC's development as well? I sure as hell hope not!

Good post, but it feels like there's a lot of info lacking in this one. Perhaps we will get a better insight on how thing's are in the January update? Best of luck to all dev-members, and I hope you all get to stay!

Last edited by Hardcore; Jan 25th, 2013 at 16:55:54.. Reason: typo
Hardcore is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 16:56:26   #46
Darkripper
Phear Leet
 
Darkripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
disapoiting news again.
You guys said the merge would happen in december, it didnt.
Engine on TestLive on the Q1 of 2013, and yet it wont be.

GG.
__________________
PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries
Darkripper is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 16:59:33   #47
Bainzy
...Lurking In The Shadows
 
Bainzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Confirmed: (Legit) Vhab will not be making the move to the NC office. (I asked him!) We will miss him! He won't comment anyone elses positions on the matter however. I don't want to see AO breaking up, been part of my life for far too long, as I assume it has been for you guys also! Lazy: Get this Kickstarter running! AO won't be being taken offline without a fight!
__________________
Bainzyy - Level 220/30 Shade
L2PvP-ing - L2RP-ing - L2PvMing
(Forever a noob.)
Bainzy is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:01:48   #48
Edta
MTG411.6 addict
 
Edta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
To the people confused about the NPE being "in the old engine" or rather before the new engine: remember that they decided to keep the old engine/client supported. So NPE will work just fine in current engine. That doesn't change anything to the NPE being created with the new engine in mind. As far as I know this mostly (if not only) means that all the textures were made in high quality.

The wording and silence about it, sort of makes it sound as the whole remaining AO team is losing their job. I really hope this is not the case. I suppose you're still in the dark about it? To those losing their job or in danger of losing their job: *hugs*.
__________________
Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!
Edta is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:28:10   #49
Swifttech
Twinked Leet
 
Swifttech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
where is this.post about move? i want to read about it
__________________
Swifttech - Nano Technician - Level 195
Swiftkeep - Keeper - Level 60
Swiftstealth - Shade - Level 130
Swifttech is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:39:53   #50
Nuhmudiira
Bounty: 100,000,000 Cr
 
Nuhmudiira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
From my point of view I would sum it up like this:

1. FC is not closing servers of AO
2. Server merge is going to happen soon ...
3. New engine is not going to happen soon ...
4. wtf needs new player experience as there are no new players !
There are new players all of the time, you just have to look for them outside of Pandemonium.
__________________
/TSW/ - Meryl "Paxcorpus" SinGarda - Templar/Cerberus
/AO/ - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 204/17 Trader - Omni/RK2
Nuhmudiira is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:43:10   #51
Kopecz
Get Dunked
 
Kopecz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanks AO, just gave me all the reason to not resub. Guess I'll go sign up for Elder Scrolls Online beta or something because this game just officially got taken off life support. Just the last gasps of air left in this corpse.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.
Kopecz is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:49:16   #52
Cryariver
Legend
 
Cryariver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I just hope AO is not gonna die.
__________________


Cryariver - Level 220/24 Nanomage Shade (Clan, Director of Dea Atra)
Always running Tinydump, why? Because i'm always on top.

Cryariver is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:49:54   #53
Socrattes
Eleet
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I hope you understand our bitterness when once again the engine is being delayed. We have been down this road before. It doesn't matter what the reason is, we really don't care anymore. The existing players have been more than loyal enough to deserve an upgrade and once again it's not going to happen.

Sad day for AO and it's loyal player base.
Socrattes is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:51:30   #54
Nonzo
Eleet
 
Nonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I have always (perhaps blindly) stood against the naysayers and always hoped to see FC deliver on its promises but this really looks bad.

Although I remain hopeful (gotta love a sucka) I would love to see how many people will sub for > 1 month periods having read this
Nonzo is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:55:29   #55
Lazy
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
 
Lazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
dev update in a nutshell http://i.imgur.com/KOvJY.gif
__________________
Operator Elitist "Lazyfixer" Jerk || 220/30/70 trox Fixer || lol im so good at pvp || Fixer PVP Guide
Doctor "Lazydoc" Greenthumb || 220/30/67 nm Doctor
Ubringshame "Sarariman" Tofamiry || 220/30/xx soli crat || DD || Solo
Amg "Lazypewpew" Lazors || 220/27/67 soli solja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genele View Post
we all know that Neutrals are Omni light!
Lazy is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 17:59:59   #56
nanoforcer
Small boned damnit!
 
nanoforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Soooo STEAM plans scrapped? that would certanly need to be coordinated with NPE if anything.
__________________
Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm
nanoforcer is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 18:01:12   #57
Elfgirl
Spizzlestick
 
Elfgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The lack of information said and the fact that she said originally there was going to be a lot to post this month makes me think this "new" Funcom is kind of censoring what she was going to put in this as well as possibly "phasing out" AO.
Elfgirl is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 18:04:44   #58
Lazy
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
 
Lazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
if you read between teh lines he says a lot. and none of it is particularly nice to hear.
__________________
Operator Elitist "Lazyfixer" Jerk || 220/30/70 trox Fixer || lol im so good at pvp || Fixer PVP Guide
Doctor "Lazydoc" Greenthumb || 220/30/67 nm Doctor
Ubringshame "Sarariman" Tofamiry || 220/30/xx soli crat || DD || Solo
Amg "Lazypewpew" Lazors || 220/27/67 soli solja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genele View Post
we all know that Neutrals are Omni light!
Lazy is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 18:09:00   #59
Pennypacker
Troll
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
if you read between teh lines he says a lot. and none of it is particularly nice to hear.
How far do i have to zoom in between the lines ? tried 800x but still can't see anything between the lines (
Pennypacker is offline  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 18:11:05   #60
Triadninja
Phear the ninja.
 
Triadninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfgirl View Post
The lack of information said and the fact that she said originally there was going to be a lot to post this month makes me think this "new" Funcom is kind of censoring what she was going to put in this as well as possibly "phasing out" AO.
It depends on how you look at it. To us, we were expecting a wall of text, followed by something major that would affect us in a huge way. This move and company restructuring has been huge for them, and honestly I think Ilaliya put all that he could out there, and is still in a pickle himself about all this. If your looking at the information from their point of view, this IS huge information. I certainly think it is, and really he answered all the questions we had as far as engine+NPE+Merge goes.

I would also like to know about the steam thing, aka does that come out with the NPE or with the merge?

Another question I have for you Ilaliya, because it is a "Live Team" now, and it is a single team, does that mean that whenever the suits decide they want the team working on a different project, the entire team focuses on that project, AKA they decide that everyone should work on a new expansion for AoC, so AO and TSW are put on hold until the new expac is done, or will the dev group shrink significantly down to a couple of people working on the other two MMOs until the main project is complete?
__________________
Triadninja is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:13:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © Funcom 1999 - 2006