Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macros to save RSI

Macros to save RSI

If I'm going to play shade again I need to learn how to make macro to use a perkline without bashing every button.

playing a shade is fun, but thats one of the things that annoys me, 30 or so quick recharging perks to hit.

so hows it done?

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

bind a prerequisite perk and the second perk after it to 1 button. to use the sp line as an example you bind a capture and the corresponding unseal to 1 button. mash that button until the 2nd perk goes off then move on to the next 2 perks. bind all ai perks to 1 button. put utility perks like blur, mr, your stun and dof/limber on your main hotbar. keybind your standard MR alpha to 1 button.

should reduce the number of buttons to press from 30+ to about 15. rebind sa/fa/backstab to r, unbind the rightside of your keyboard and use it for custom perk keybinds. unbind all ranged and melee specials from their current defaults to free up even more keys.

EDIT: forgot to mention, when doing unchained perks, put them on a hotbar in the order you want them to go off, and then bind them in order. so for example i want conc perks then stun then cola perks to go off so i'd bind the conc perks to a button first, then the stun, then the coha perks. the order is important since when you press the button they'll go off in the order you bound them in (this is doubly important for perks that do more dmg if a previous pekr is run but will go off even if it's not chained)
    Last edited by Lazy; Feb 25th, 2013 at 17:32:19.

And if you are really lazy and just do inferno missions. Bind the whole shabang to one button and mash it like a energizer-bunny. :P
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Thanks Lazy. That is helpful to relearning this whole thing after being gone for so long.
    Kelvera 220 Shade
    Emerelda 220 Crat

Lazy do you even have a shade??

Probably like level 3
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I've binded all my perks to 3 buttons, B/N/M. Makes PvM much easyer as you're no longer clicking and spamming perks like a mad man, just 3 buttons. I soloed a Jaax city general while watching TV and just mashing BNM keys, lol.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

yea I did something simular, one button for each of the 3 main perk lines I chose.

Its the way forward!

Var
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    yea I did something simular, one button for each of the 3 main perk lines I chose.

Its the way forward!

Var
    how do you deal with the split chaining of piercing mastery perks?

I just use the second half
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Don't think anyone bothers with stab/double stab/perforate/lacerate perks anymore. I keep those on another hotbar and only use them when dueling docs or fighting huge HP mobs.
    B=fast attack/sneak attack/SHD/impale/gore hecatomb/backstab
    N=Blur/Crave/Bore/Nano Feast/Wit
    M=SP and TR perks.

Works great
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    Don't think anyone bothers with stab/double stab/perforate/lacerate perks anymore. I keep those on another hotbar and only use them when dueling docs or fighting huge HP mobs.
    B=fast attack/sneak attack/SHD/impale/gore hecatomb/backstab
    N=Blur/Crave/Bore/Nano Feast/Wit
    M=SP and TR perks.

Works great
    Exactly how does that (perk binding) work? If you press B, does fa, sa, and the perks go off in rapid succession? Let's say you press B but SA is unavailabe, will that interrupt the binding? Does it lower your overall damage?

I'm fairly new to keybinding and would like to implement them on all my toons.

No, dude, if I press B once I get fast/sneak/SHD/backstab and the first PM perk(Impale). I need to press it twice more for Gore and Hecatomb. It's still button smashing, ofc, but it's no longer 123456789 shift+2 123456789.....it's just BNM, BM,BM,BM,BM,BM,BM,BM etc untill AI perks recharge then it goes BNM, BM, BM etc
    Easyer to just push 3 buttons and read or watch TV(OMG afk leveling) then to carefully click every perk you got.

BTW, if I hit B and SA is down, it just tells me action is not available, but doesn't ruin my chain.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Fontane View Post
    No, dude, if I press B once I get fast/sneak/SHD/backstab and the first PM perk(Impale). I need to press it twice more for Gore and Hecatomb. It's still button smashing, ofc, but it's no longer 123456789 shift+2 123456789.....it's just BNM, BM,BM,BM,BM,BM,BM,BM etc untill AI perks recharge then it goes BNM, BM, BM etc
    Easyer to just push 3 buttons and read or watch TV(OMG afk leveling) then to carefully click every perk you got.

BTW, if I hit B and SA is down, it just tells me action is not available, but doesn't ruin my chain.
    Got it, thanks man.

If your the type who dont like to use movement keys then then bind 3 PM, 3 on another that chain off the first three (ex. double stab) and the 3rd button being heca, ai perks and w/e you want thats not chained. Bind a /assist Poko \n /follow + shd, specials, random items like bubble blower and lava caps to a different key or bind #1. Yay binds!
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

now i see why other shades i have teamed with deals 50% of my dd..
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Why, cause you click all your perks? I can queue up 3 lines of perks and every action is used the moment it's available. I doubt clicking everything is faster then binding.
    Shades that do 50% of your DD are just slacking or they're doing PvM with PvP perks. OR you're using suicidal MA setup with no Acrobat or CiB.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Im a clicker shade sometimes . The bind I would only use for getting around 460k dpm is the 1 key for independent perks, Da Taunter!! (yay tr perks), lavas, shd, and the obvious special spam.

BTW I wanna see you all in our next all shade pande coming up next month .
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

36 shade pande raid, at least it will be quick...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast