Thread: How to get old char id?

How to get old char id?

So... Since this merge happened rather suddenly, I'd like to know how to get a char id based on character name and dimension.
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

I got my old char IDs from AOIA. I backed up entire AOIA folder, then started deleting characters in it 1 at a time. as you delete them, the name gets replaced with charID number.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Ah G"$ #%( #()/ #, I deleted my old AOIA database to keep the BP names on my bank toons.... Thanks for the tip, I will try to get something out of it.

I ended up looking through chat logs in each Chat folder of somewhat "larger" char prefs folders, guessing the profession from which it may have been sent. Bruteforce. Not the best way to do it, but it worked. I'd really like to have another way to do it. Bots are down, PoRK is down, we won't even mention Auno...

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    Ah G"$ #%( #()/ #
    Woah there, watch your language son.

if you backed up your itemassistant.db file from AOIS, you can use SQLite Database Browser to find the charid which is in the tToons table. this gives you charid, charname, shopid and dimensionid.

Quote Originally Posted by byteflush View Post
    So... Since this merge happened rather suddenly, I'd like to know how to get a char id based on character name and dimension.
    Old prefs and char id's are still C: programfiles >>> Funcomfolder. Try look in the chatlogs there to find your charracters/settings.

To get new I just logged my toons, typed toon-name and then hunted in chatlogs.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.