Thread: Aimed Shot Multipliers

Aimed Shot Multipliers

The old table of multipliers is down. Does anyone have the data or a screencap for reference and re-addition to the agent guides?

The multiplier is determined by your aimed shot skill divided by 95.

EDIT: AP still had a copy of the AS Table
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Mar 15th, 2013 at 06:30:17.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Sexy, thanks.

Looks like that table is wrong already, 199 aimed shots at 105 AS skill and not a single x2 mult...That would also be 378 aimed shots for 95 skill and not a single x2 mult, if you add up the 95, 100, and 105 AS skill levels together.

Well a slight update, the table may not be wrong so much as it is misleading. While it may be possible to hit a higher mult at certain levels, the chances are so low that it should technically not be considered. I'll post my 400 Aimed Shot skill data just to show what I mean.

Code:
    Aimed Shot skill	Total Aimed Shots	1x Multiplier	1x % rate	2x Multiplier	2x % rate	3x Multiplier	3x % rate	4x Multiplier	4x % rate	5x Multiplier	5x % rate

400	                 1627	                   1099	      0.675476337	347      	0.213275968      115	      0.070682237       64      0.039336202             2	      0.001229256
    As you can see, the 5x multiplier has oppened up at this point, but at a rate of ~.1%, in otherwords about 1 out of every 1000 aimed shots. Honestly I am surprised that such a rate is even possible and it makes me truly curious as to what the actual formula for aimed shots is.

I'm continuing my testing, hopefully within a few weeks I'll be done up to about 1000 AS skill, I have to go back to lower levels and retest as well and try to have all of them around 800+ aimed shots.
    Last edited by Gatester; Mar 28th, 2013 at 19:38:41.

I've got similar behaviour for SA. Also, for SA there's a shift in the multiplier distribution within a multiplier tier. Simply put, the roll distribution changes continuously, and there's nothing magic about gaining access to a particular multiplier.

The question is whether there are parameters that easily determine the distribution. It widens as SA skill increases, but it might do so faster in different skill ranges.

Well with AS there is a constant and apparently linear decrease in the rate of 1x multipliers so far, but what seems to be happening is that the other multipliers will adjust slightly. Typically they increase, the newest available multiplier gaining faster at first takes away from the other multipliers, or at least the 2x multiplier I believe, but near the point before another multiplier is opened up all the previous multipliers are in a state of increase.

At best, I think a rate of decrease for the 1x multiplier can be established for the point at which it is eliminated, and at the same time the 2x multiplier should follow this trend as well, with priority given to the highest multipliers. If a trend can be determined then it should greatly improve AS twinking and considerations.

I believe there was a post before that the lowest multiplier shifted up after a high amount of AS skill. So that the first multiplier wasn't 1x any more but started at 2x etc. it's more like a

http://www.comfsm.fm/~dleeling/stati...malcurve95.png

thing I suspect and the hole lot shift up the multiplier scale the more AS you get. Further more I'm no math geek just speculating ...

A side question. How do you factor for the AS in which the AS it selves crit-ed? Wasn't there a specific point when there was a high chance that the AS started to crit then multiply?
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Mar 29th, 2013 at 22:54:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    I believe there was a post before that the lowest multiplier shifted up after a high amount of AS skill. So that the first multiplier wasn't 1x any more but started at 2x etc. it's more like a

http://www.comfsm.fm/~dleeling/stati...malcurve95.png

thing I suspect and the hole lot shift up the multiplier scale the more AS you get. Further more I'm no math geek just speculating ...
    Yes, this happens at some skill level but it's hard to say where, and what we mean by a multiplier disappearing. Gates will probably have more data on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    A side question. How do you factor for the AS in which the AS it selves crit-ed? Wasn't there a specific point when there was a high chance that the AS started to crit then multiply?
    The aimed shot multiplier is applied to the hit, so if the hit crits the AS multiplies it. As far as I can tell, they're completely independent.

Would be nice to test this, but a lot of weird complications might pop up. Someone should check it though.

looks like a log distribution. Weibull maybe.