Thread: Problem with copying Prefs

Problem with copying Prefs

Alright I have seen a previous post treating the same issue to a certain extent, but it does not in any way solve my problem.

I play AO from 2 locations. One from my own home, two from a computer at my workplace.

I simply cannot save the preference changes as I just can't find them at my work place computer. When I copy paste existing pref files from home, they simply do not work. Setting up my UI, bags, etc. manually everytime I try to play from work is horribly annoying. I mostly play AO at work as it interferes the least with the computers performance. If I cannot find a solution to this problem I simply won't renew my subscription. For me it's a deal breaker.

This problem came up after the server merge patch.

Is there anything I could do?
    Last edited by Alezanders; Mar 29th, 2013 at 18:03:50.

Contact your local Administration.

After you tell them what you want to do you can contact the human resources manager of the company.
    Think you get enough time to play @ home.

Maybe try to detect hidden folders otherwise its maybe restricted by IT admin

As you read it its difficult to find a solution.

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

There is no conflict with me playing at work. There are a ton of restrictions on the computer caused by the Deep Freeze. I am completly unfamiliar with Deep Freeze or any possible work arounds. Shadow Defender is more user friendly but this is not a nut I can crack.

Now this is a new problem. Pre 18.6 I would simply copy paste from an external drive and run the game no problem. But now I simply can't do it anymore.

I play very little at home, so for me, unless I can find a work around this is it.

Install on stick ?
    Install on external drive ?

Omni,Clan,Neut - doesn't matter....

I'm assuming you realise that the pref folders have been moved from the game install location to %appdata% ?

When you first launch the game, instead of going to the login screen, go to settings and in the ui tab, there's a few buttons. Click on the one labelled scripts to open up an explorer window to where your scripts are now stored which is very close to where your prefs are now stored
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Resolved.

Thank you everyone.

What was the resolution? For the benefit of others who may have the same question....
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

This is the solution (more or less):
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    When you first launch the game, instead of going to the login screen, go to settings and in the ui tab, there's a few buttons. Click on the one labelled scripts to open up an explorer window to where your scripts are now stored which is very close to where your prefs are now stored
    C:/Users/<name of your user with AO>/AppData/Local/Funcom/Anarchy Online/<some weird combo of numbers and letters>/Anarchy Online/Prefs

From there on, you should be able to figure it out yourself.

(Just in case; the next folder is your login name, and then you have to figure out which "Charxxxxxx" folder is the correct for your specific character.)

Cheers